Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream 32 Overview Part 1, Weapons, Liset Tints And Persistant Groups

DE_Adam

With Update 14 pushed a little further into the future our Devsteam this week was a bit light on new details regarding the anticipated changes, but that certainly doesn’t mean we were short on things to discuss.  Everything from Void Keys to Liset cosmetics was brought up, including a few handy reminders that many concerns over currently existing Warframe features are soon to be a thing of the past!  Or at the very least, one step closer to resolution.

Missed the Devstream?  Well then you’re in luck Tenno.  Here’s the low-down on what you may not have had a chance to see, broken into calorie free snack sized bites!

Although quests are still in development it was revealed there are at least two types of quests that will be available for players, one tied in directly with the Kubrow and another that guide new players through the basics of Vor’s Prize; Warframe’s first major lore quest.  Other quests in the near future will help acquaint players with various factions and can be used to give special rewards.

u0e24ZM.jpg

DX9gJUi.jpg

Lots of progress has been made on the community weapons, the Corpus Freeze Ray has completed our modeling process with lots of fun details.  Most guns that shoot traditional ammunition like bullets all tend to have a typical feel to their design, but with a weapon that shoots science?  You certainly can do some creative things with that.

While the Freeze Ray makes its way into having a 3D model the dual wielded Tonfa’s - concepted by Datareaper -  also have a model made!  We don’t have any cool animations to show quite yet, but we can tell you the Tonfa will be getting its own stance due to its unique shape and size.

HOr5BHI.jpg

RBePldw.jpg

i8q32Xp.jpg

We’ve jumped pretty far into what’s going on with the interior of the ship, but our upgraded UI isn’t the only neat feature of the Liset.  Players will be able to adjust the tint of their ship in a few different color variations, giving that extra bit of personal customization to your flying ship for those tactical insertion cutscenes that we’re looking to add.

yBGRCMh.jpg

Oh and we’re adding new cutscenes.  Seeing the Liset come together as both a means of transportation and a workbench for all your future mod/codex/store/Kubrow needs is kind of like watching a whole new character be entered into the game, and hopefully whether you stick with the diegetic shortcuts or actually move around the ship the Liset’s constant presence in the world will really help ground the Tenno as a more realistic presence in the solar system.  

That, and watching a neon pink or banana yellow ship fly in to drop you off or pick you up from a mission is pretty entertaining.  The Liset will also appear for each player present in a mission, enabling Tenno to have a veritable rainbow appear before the inevitable Tenno carnage begins.

O2Y3u5D.gif

Cosmetics for the interior of the ship are still being considered at this time, but it’s important to remember that the Liset is a still a work in progress.  Even when U14 rolls out with all these UI improvements there’s still room for more, and additional customization options may find their way into the ship in the near future.

Dyy2UWw.jpg

A few other quick reminders on U14 changes are the updates to player groups and to an extent, Void Keys.  With persistent groups becoming the new norm most players should find grouping to be much less of a hassle, and as a result keeping a single player as the leader means placing us all one step closer toward being able to enable a lobby system that has more stable hosting.  Although U14 won’t contain the ability to enter a key and let someone else host the mission our overhaul of the lobby system does keep that in mind, and it’s our hope that once the update goes live we’ll be able to begin searching for a solution to both laggy hosts and Void Key permissions!

And on a final note, although it’s still too far in development for us to show an image the end-of-mission screen will be getting its own little overhaul as well.  How many resources you’ve acquired will be much easier to see, and there’s even some work going into the much requested feature of being able to check your progress mid-game to eliminate some of the guesswork involved in farming.

bladed tonfa's.....OMG yes! I think the tonfas were so requested you guys had no chance but to make them! when can we have them? U14 or 14.x.x? please make them for U14 this is like major boner material I will look like Illidan with those on my back....I will need a Potato 10 formas for them please give them to us.....to me actually naow!NAOW!!!

@DEAdam I'm aware U14 is not this week, any idea what the holdup is and why it's been delayed, just curious?

Although quests are still in development it was revealed there are at least two types of quests that will be available for players, one tied in directly with the Kubrow and another that guide new players through the basics of Vor’s Prize; Warframe’s first major lore quest.  Other quests in the near future will help acquaint players with various factions and can be used to give special rewards.

That part.

Ahhh ok thanks Snake, by the way is it me or does it seem like a really long time between major updates than last time?

No it is taking longer. Usually it's a two month cycle.

U7- March 18 2013

U8 – May 23, 2013

U9 – July 13, 2013

U10 – September 13, 2013

U11 – November 20, 2013

U12 – February 6, 2014  -Extra month, probably due to Christmas vacations

U13 – April 10, 2014

U14 – Late July/Early August, 2014

However, this one looks so huge I think it's worth the extra wait. The ships, Kubrow and quests could have probably each pulled a major update alone!

Edited by ValhaHazred

How will the kubrow "launch" from the drop of ships??

Will they just be teleported next to you (hope not) or will there be something that on the drop ship that the Kubrow have, like there own spin hatch ??

endura-flap-dog-door-for-do_1.jpg

(888th post..Yeaaah boy!)

Edited by unknow99