Sign in to follow this  
DE_Adam

Devstream 32 Overview Part 1, Weapons, Liset Tints And Persistant Groups

Me needs them colored ships.

They are something to look at, very well made.

Edited by Nekokiti

I have only on major disappointment with the workings of the new Liset... The trapdoor thingy/hatch on the bottom.

One of details that has been presented on this forums several times in a year and half that i've been with Warframe, is about the whole drop and extraction method used. Now that DE and its designers had a chance to improve and change that detail (which lets face it, brings a bout the question of decompression and looks very unrealistic) as been pointed out countless times. 

Design should follow function! In this case, that hatch makes no sense and if it is to remain so, at least come up with some lore that explains a bit more why aren't the Tenno killed by the coldness of space and why aren't certain ships torn inside out during extraction.

P.S. I know this a sci-fi game set in a distant future but still it is pretty good when some things make sense.

Edited by Bazools

I have only on major disappointment with the workings of the new Liset... The trapdoor thingy/hatch on the bottom.

One of details that has been presented on this forums several times in a year and half that i've been with Warframe, is about the whole drop and extraction method used. Now that DE and its designers had a chance to improve and change that detail (which lets face it, brings a bout the question of decompression and looks very unrealistic) as been pointed out countless times. 

Design should follow function! In this case, that hatch makes no sense and if it is to remain so, at least come up with some lore that explains a bit more why aren't the Tenno killed by the coldness of space and why aren't certain ships torn inside out during extraction.

P.S. I know this a sci-fi game set in a distant future but still it is pretty good when some things make sense.

Because Tenno shields resist the effects of the vacuum of space until depleted. Just like breaking reinforced glass on a Corpus ship.

If you're talking about enemies hanging out near the extraction doors to space, I'd imagine there are force fields around the doors after the Lisets detach.

Seeing the Liset come together as both a means of transportation and a workbench for all your future mod/codex/store/Kubrow needs...

Does that mean we'll be getting a Codex rework/rehash sometime?

• Upvote 1

Because Tenno shields resist the effects of the vacuum of space until depleted. Just like breaking reinforced glass on a Corpus ship.

If you're talking about enemies hanging out near the extraction doors to space, I'd imagine there are force fields around the doors after the Lisets detach.

Not to mention that a hatch closes over the Tenno as they enter/exit the Liset. Logic dictates this leads to a small chamber for compression/decompression, then opens up into the interior of the Liset itself.

In fact, this is obvious from the extraction/insertion cutscenes we have now.

Thats what i thought but if that is the explanation for this issue those shields need to have a visual representation ingame. I believe that the access hatch still needs redesign. Edited by Bazools

How will the kubrow "launch" from the drop of ships??

Will they just be teleported next to you (hope not) or will there be something that on the drop ship that the Kubrow have, like there own spin hatch ??

they will faceplant near you while you are praying that they won't die

• Upvote 3

is there still a chance of U14 this week i know Steve said probably not but that doesn't mean no right ?

I wouldn't even mind if it had to be released on Thursday lol 

Edited by PixalatedVortex

No it is taking longer. Usually it's a two month cycle.

U7- March 18 2013

U8 – May 23, 2013

U9 – July 13, 2013

U10 – September 13, 2013

U11 – November 20, 2013

U12 – February 6, 2014  -Extra month, probably due to Christmas vacations

U13 – April 10, 2014

U14 – Late July/Early August, 2014

However, this one looks so huge I think it's worth the extra wait. The ships, Kubrow and quests could have probably each pulled a major update alone!

Just reminding us all that WF is/has been pushing out ports to PS4 & XBone over the past few whatevers, so that prolly took manpower away.

Is it weird that i don't see an ice launcher but a MAGNET GUN. Because that's the most likely way players will tune it.

Magnet+toxin= anti-corpus gun.

The blade tonfa look nice. I like how you gave them the Skana colors. Which is fitting since it's blade design resembles that of the skana a lot. Overall great design. Lets just hope you spread the stances for it around multiple units.

New Liset look a lot more techy. The coloring makes me fear every second one i will see will be pitch black+blood red. Because i don't wanna know how many people run around with that combo on everything like a bunch of Stalker worshipers.

Hmm. Perhaps they are like the Cthulu sect. By praying to him and wearing his colors they hope to attract his attention.

Btw. What will happen to the old Dark Sector Liset design? Will it be thrown in the trash or will you later release it as special skin ala the Proto-Excalibur skin?

• Upvote 1

Three (four?) Words: 

Space Ninja Exo-Armor.

If Iron Man can do it, so can Tenno.

Does that mean we'll be getting a Codex rework/rehash sometime?

The Codex will be a super computer installed in a section of your mothership. Once accessed, it works like how it does now (from what we've seen at least).

Yay, we're getting tonfa  <3 !  There's still hope for nunchaku.

• Upvote 1

Yaay! We can customize our ships' paint jobs! I wonder if we can add in decals, like maybe a Saryn pin-up, or a clan emblem.

Yay, we're getting tonfa  <3 !  There's still hope for nunchaku.

Let's hope together, tenno. A ninja game without this feels a little sad...

is there still a chance of U14 this week i know Steve said probably not but that doesn't mean no right ?

I wouldn't even mind if it had to be released on Thursday lol 

It will come when any major bug/error is fixed & all the new content they promised for this update is added man. W8&C.

Talking about the ships : will you address the tileset logic in the end of the missions?Some people think that having "sur-mesure" Liset extraction point on an enemy ship is quite strange (unless they also enter their ships this way,but I highly doubt about that :p)

On another subject : what's going on with the new warframe (codename: Harlequin)

I'd like if at least the interior color of our ships was customizable to a certain extent. Something simple like a few floor patterns of 2-4 colors would add a HUGE sense of customization to the ship, without having to worry about crowding the ship with statues or other placeables.

I have two questions: 1) will old players be able to play the new quests and get the awards? 2) will we be able to upgrade the other half of the ship(the cargo area and such) like size increase, inside items, etc.

I think adding some feet pieces to those tonfa would make them a 1000x more fun to play with.

Like these:

Ninja-Gaiden-Sigma-2-Plus_new_14.jpg

But with tonfas instead of claws.

I am glad to hear a time frame for U14. of course this week would have been nice, and I know you guys are cranking it out as fast as you can. knowing not to get my hopes up too high on wednesday and that I have another week to prepare and gather resources really helps.

keep up the good work.

Just a little problem involved with seeing your own ship drop you off and pick you up, are you going to remove or make a vote option involving skipping the arriving cutscene..?

A Freeze Ray gun!? Dude, seriously!? That is so freaking awesome! That means players should be able to combine it with elemental mods to transform it into some combination of a Blast/Viral/Magnetic Ray gun. And a Freeze Ray gun has to have a high status chance or, what is the point, right? The dual stat elemental/status MOD's are going to love this puppy!

And those tonfa? Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, wheee! Can't wait to see the combos and finishers for those babies. Custom stance(s) as well? Nice! Would be nice to see with say, Ash Prime? Eh? Eh? :-D

The Liset looks so awesome! I love the concept of keeping all the utility of the UI but making it part of an interactive player experience.

Thanks for the Cliff Notes (DE)Adam, and thanks for the awesome ever-evolving experience DE!