Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Addition To Warcry I Would Like To See

Pie_mastyr

Simply put, I think warcry should also add a buff to stamina. Whether it is a set amount, based on power strength or infinite, I think it could be really nice for players who like to block in higher level play without getting their stamina drained in one shot. 

Also this is probably in the wrong section or something, I don't do this sort of thing much

I would like this too, considering 4 shots will drain her stamina from full in T4.

Also, for future reference this should probably be in the Feedback section for Warframes & Abilities, but don't worry.

And yet, no one would ever use it legitimately still because it doesn't last long enough to matter.

Just like Roar.

They don't last long enough to make any substantial impact at all whatsoever.

inb4 someone comes in claiming Warcry and Roar are the best things ever and I'm using them 100% wrong and they somehow magically have some mod set up that makes these two skills last 17 hours per cast

As a melee frame, Valkyr should have at least 25 % more stamina than biggest stamina pool available.

she actually has a larger Stamina pool than the other frames already.

Edit:

inb4 someone comes in claiming Warcry and Roar are the best things ever and I'm using them 100% wrong and they somehow magically have some mod set up that makes these two skills last 17 hours per cast

not that long... but WarCry is infact the only reason i use Valkyr. it lasts long enough for me, and the effect is enormous so i trigger it whenever i need it, or when there's ample Energy around and i just want to goof off with Melee.

(and Roar is part of the Meta for Rhino)

woop, 5000 Posts? w/e.

Edited by taiiat

I am sorry to say this, but you are doing it WRONG then. I have both dedicated Roar and Warcry builds and I can keep both up nonstop. Same goes for Volts Speed ability.

I would like this too, considering 4 shots will drain her stamina from full in T4.

Also, for future reference this should probably be in the Feedback section for Warframes & Abilities, but don't worry.

I wouldnt say 4 shots but it drains extremely quickly even with ma stam mods

The stam recovery mods arent at all useful at regaining stam either aside from quick rest

And yet, no one would ever use it legitimately still because it doesn't last long enough to matter.

Just like Roar.

You are using them wrong

I only have one duration mod along with blind rage and can easily upkeep it forever without even adding flow

Roar scales with damage and powers

Enough said on how useful it is

I am sorry to say this, but you are doing it WRONG then. I have both dedicated Roar and Warcry builds and I can keep both up nonstop. Same goes for Volts Speed ability.

^

Warcry needs all sort of improvements, Its expensive, has long casting time, short duration, cant be recast, only 30% slow, its buff is useless for most everyone except Valk herself (unless you want to fool around meleing infested)

Edited by Monolake

Just like Roar.

Well, they are awesome and you are 100% wrong. If it takes you 17 hours to kill an enemy even with Roar or Warcry then you're doing it wrong.

Warcry needs all sort of improvements, Its expensive, has long casting time, short duration, cant be recast, only 30% slow, its buff is useless for most everyone except Valk herself (unless you want to fool around meleing infested)

The slow is almost 70% with max power str.

I don't understand the topic. Warcry is very good ability already...

EDIT: I don't really get the benefit of getting more stamina while having Warcry on. With well modded Warcry build you have 90% damage reduce while it's active. Why would you waste time blocking at that point? Use the damage reduce and speed you get to your benefit and kill the enemies during that time.

Edited by Naftal

Max power makes it prohibetively expensive, so you run max Fleeting which makes it extremely short, so you need to add 2 duration mods ... but you are out of slots already

Its a niche ability with too many limitations and high cost for the small benefits it gives.

Edited by Monolake

Max power makes it prohibetively expensive, so you run max Fleeting which makes it extremely short, so you need to add 2 duration mods ... but you are out of slots already

Its a niche ability with too many limitations and high cost for the small benefits it gives.

"Niche ability" that buffs the stats that are used with Valkyr's niche. I use it all the time along with Paralysis and have never felt it would need a buff. Rage takes away energy problems from Valkyr.

Try max power strength Warcry

The defense buff benefits frost greatly

If you want an OP frost shield get a Valkyr

EDIT: I don't really get the benefit of getting more stamina while having Warcry on. With well modded Warcry build you have 90% damage reduce while it's active. Why would you waste time blocking at that point? Use the damage reduce and speed you get to your benefit and kill the enemies during that time.

Youll find that at a point 90% damage reduction isnt enough for face tanking

Kinda funny but its true

Ever play mabinogi? Try a duel with 1% damage and youll see people hitting for as high as 3-400

Enemies we face in warframe are much the same.Unless a fixed number is added into the equation even valkyrs defense will fall to damage scaling sooner or later

Max power str brings it to 116 energy

Thats already sustainable with rage and no flow for me but since i run QT for the extra defense boost i never worry about energy

You can either run max narrow minded so its more of a self buff (but still good enough to catch the team near a pod and such) and itll last 30 seconds or use the other two duration mods if you want the extra range for slowing enemies

With rage you can life strike sustain it pretty much forever

Im doubting you play valkyr or have her modded correctly if you cant upkeep it honestly, its really one of the most sustainable skills in the game

Now if you want niche and too many limitations you should go to the WoF thread

Youll find that at a point 90% damage reduction isnt enough for face tanking

Kinda funny but its true

Of course it is true, Warframe has essentially unlimited enemy scaling. But still that stamina boost is definitely not needed for Warcry. She already has more stamina than most frames and if stamina is a problem for someone they can bring more stamina mods for that.

Of course it is true, Warframe has essentially unlimited enemy scaling. But still that stamina boost is definitely not needed for Warcry. She already has more stamina than most frames and if stamina is a problem for someone they can bring more stamina mods for that.

I used max Quick rest and Marathon alog with those killing and damaging melee mods that killed my DPS

Mixed it up with damage and utility a bit and still with warcry running id run out of stam incredibly quickly

Alot of it is heavy units that take a bit longer to kill or approaching a wave of enemies while sprinting and blocking (uses less stam than walkign to them). Youll be out before you know it and unable to block. With how strong enemies get its tough to stay in the action effectively

So i resorted to my old QT build so at the least i can super tank with energy and slide toward them