Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Feel Better About Migration Now (Picture Proof)

This same attitude is present in ever single #pcmasterrace post.

Which I rarely see, and when I do see one it's followed by a flood of "ugh pc gamers are horrible I hate all of them" from console gamers

Attitude depends on the person, not the platform

This same attitude is present in ever single #pcmasterrace post.

Yeah not all of us are like that. This isn't about elitism, etc. you're making it that way. Take the #nonexistantconsoleinferioritycomplex elsewhere.

I own a PS4 as well. It's a fine console; if it were junk I would not be interested in the migration or playing with my account on it.

I don't really see a lot of that elitism here in this thread so you best leave it out.

Edited by sushidubya

If you want to turn a blind eye to the rest of the forums and just use this thread as an example that's fine by me.

Ignorance is bliss.

Quote me an example of PC players being elitists and I'll quote you an example of console players being elitists. This thread is about account migration, not opinions on PC players. Come on.

If you want to turn a blind eye to the rest of the forums and just use this thread as an example that's fine by me.

Ignorance is bliss.

I don't turn a blind eye, but not all PC players are jerks or elitists. You're wrong to assume that we are.

Also I'm pretty sure 95% of the PC master race Gifs and memes are jokes that originated from other games like mass effect, half life, etc. That has been around since games have been multi platform. Don't take everything in life so personally. Warframe is a game not a way of life. XD

Edited by sushidubya

Ignorance is bliss.

I've got to say... You're mostly right. And that's kinda sad. But also expected. Still, it's off topic.

Quote me an example of PC players being elitists and I'll quote you an example of console players being elitists. This thread is about account migration, not opinions on PC players. Come on.

And it's already been said that it's not a real migration. As in when you move your account somewhere. It's account cloning, you're allowed to create a copy of certain parts of your account on PS4. For free. Once. To help deal with having to farm all your mods and parts and unlocking the star map.

In that sense, you are a freeloader when you do it. It's already a luxurious offer as it is. You pay Sony nothing, yet you get all those free slots.

Edited by (PS4)Lord_Gremlin

I've got to say... You're mostly right. And that's kinda sad. But also expected. Still, it's off topic.

And it's already been said that it's not a real migration. As in when you move your account somewhere. It's account cloning, you're allowed to create a copy of certain parts of your account on PS4. For free. Once. To help deal with having to farm all your mods and parts and unlocking the star map.

I'm gonna have to disagree with the first part.

And yeah, that's the main reason why I'm going to do it. There should also be an option for PS4 players to clone their account to PC, at least that would make sense to me.

Unless it has to do with founders sharing founders gear right?

Then it's all, this my sandbox and my toys and No, you can't play with them.

Are all PS4 players this bitter about exclusives? You know there's a lot of players on PC who don't have them either, right?

Edited by vaugahn

I don't think most of the PC players are elitist.

They're actually extremely intelligent, and respectful, and awesome for the most part. Some others, not so much, but you can say the same thing about ps4 players.

On topic: scrap the migration idea, it's just as bad an idea as locking excalibur prime up in the founders package.

yeah. as a dude who bought a ps4 for warframe, funded it and xped his account for the anticipated release on ps4, i'm super happy.

but if the players who didn't gave a S#&$ about warframe and didn't took the time to inform themselves on the ps4 releases are happy, i suppose everything is fine.

on the bright side, destiny's beta is coming soon.

On topic: scrap the migration idea, it's just as bad an idea as locking excalibur prime up in the founders package.

Why? I'm looking forward to migrating my account so I can play in my living room on my big TV. And don't forget, founder's exclusives won't exist in console-land. They're not migrating. Neither are PC exclusive skins.

Are all PS4 players this bitter about exclusives? You know there's a lot of players on PC who don't have them either, right?

The worst part is, there are people in the PC community who've also tried valiantly to get those Founder's items to return just because they missed out.  Only reason it seems worse on this side of the coin is because there is absolutely nobody with them, so the total amount of possible complaint is technically larger by proxy.

Jealous behavior isn't a thing that is exclusive to any platform's playerbase.

At the end of the day though, people need to just look beyond gaming platform and realize that we're all just gamers who've chosen different platforms for whatever reason it may be.  Warframe was a thing on PC before it was a thing on PS4, and it's been a thing on PS4 before it will become a thing on XB1.  It's just the way things fell into place in that limited time based items are either wholly exclusive to their timeframe or obtainable easier within that timeframe.

Like Proto Armor, should that not make a return next year (personally I hope it does) for instance.  It's not a PC+PS4 exclusive but yet peeps who get the XB1 version won't have access to it, and there's nothing wrong with that.

That isn't to say that there haven't been platform exclusives however, either through a direct or indirect method of becoming such.  Rubedo Skins, Easter color pallet, St. Patrick's day color pallet, the skins are indirectly PC exclusive items due to being tied to Steam while the colors just weren't released on PS4.  Obsidian Yomo Syandana, PSIV color pallet are PS4 exclusives in a direct way.  These are things I'm actually against entirely.  Senselessly exclusive content that just literally is unavailable to whichever side of the player base "because reasons".  I wish PC peeps had the same access to the PSIV pallet as much as I wish I had access to the Rubedo Skins (even though I hate the color red).

The Misa Prime Syanada, Noru Prime Syandana and potentially the Daman Sugatra aren't PC+PS4 exclusives despite the fact that XB1 players won't likely be seeing the first two or possibly the third depending on release dates.  They're just timed exclusives that happened before things were available to said platform.  There's a likely probability that there'll be threads about those things as well in the times to come, so just be ready.

Edit;  I'm still almost blindly hoping that cross-platform could eventually become a thing.  Which is semi-related as then PS4 peeps would see said items in game just as PC peeps would see the shorter list of things unattainable to them.

Edit 2;  I made a horrendous typo style mistake that could've led to misinformation, which I hate.  Brb, gotta go smack my head into a wall for punishment.

Edited by (PS4)Bobtm0

Why? I'm looking forward to migrating my account so I can play in my living room on my big TV. And don't forget, founder's exclusives won't exist in console-land. They're not migrating. Neither are PC exclusive skins.

But there is lots of Jimmie rustling on the PC side about the fact that these things won't transfer.

Edit: to actually answer your question as to why. It will just be less jealously, bickering, and forum strife if migration doesn't happen.

Unless it happens without exclusive items being transferable. Then, migrate away my friend.

Edited by (PS4)da-link-went-1

That isn't to say that there haven't been platform exclusives however, either through a direct or indirect method of becoming such.  Rubedo Skins, Easter color pallet, St. Patrick's day color pallet, those are indirectly PC exclusive items due to being tied to Steam.  Obsidian Yomo Syandana, PSIV color pallet are PS4 exclusives in a direct way.  These are things I'm actually against entirely.  Senselessly exclusive content that just literally is unavailable to whichever side of the player base "because reasons".  I wish PC peeps had the same access to the PSIV pallet as much as I wish I had access to the Rubedo Skins (even though I hate the color red).

I have no problem with cosmetic exclusives. Hell, I think they should be able to transfer over. There are exclusive emblems for events, there's nothing wrong with having a little something special just to say "hey, I played warframe on playstation. I got this cool thing to prove it!" There's really nothing wrong with that, at least in my opinion.

I think the reason people have such a problem with founder's exclusives is because they're actual items, which gives them they're missing out on gameplay rather than just a customization.

But there is lots of Jimmie rustling on the PC side about the fact that these things won't transfer.

Edit: to actually answer your question as to why. It will just be less jealously, bickering, and forum strife if migration doesn't happen.

Unless it happens with exclusive items being transferable. Then, migrate away my friend.

I could care less if exclusives transfer or not. That's really not a big deal to me. And I honestly think PC players being able to play on playstation and vice versa will cause less forum strife, not more. Walk a mile in someone else's shoes, and all that.

Edited by vaugahn

Unless it happens with exclusive items being transferable. Then, migrate away my friend.

Now you're making the same mistake you were pointing out earlier: using this thread as your example of such behavior.

I'm a founder and I think it's a good thing that they aren't transferring, as I posted a few pages ago.

I have no problem with cosmetic exclusives. Hell, I think they should be able to transfer over. There are exclusive emblems for events, there's nothing wrong with having a little something special just to say "hey, I played warframe on playstation. I got this cool thing to prove it!" There's really nothing wrong with that, at least in my opinion.

I think the reason people have such a problem with founder's exclusives is because they're actual items, which gives them they're missing out on gameplay rather than just a customization.

well said

We can now also drop completely inane rationalization of why PS4 players never got founders pack - some said we should have bought it on PC to use it on PS4. That sounded ludicrous then and now it's proven to be ludicrous. And yes you wouldn't believe how many trolls used this "argument" to justify making PS4 version inferior by design.

PS4 needs to get if not those 3 prime item then redesigned versions of em. With same gameplay benefits, as in excalibur that recharges from void balls and have faster shield regen.

We can now also drop completely inane rationalization of why PS4 players never got founders pack - some said we should have bought it on PC to use it on PS4. That sounded ludicrous then and now it's proven to be ludicrous. And yes you wouldn't believe how many trolls used this "argument" to justify making PS4 version inferior by design.

PS4 needs to get if not those 3 prime item then redesigned versions of em. With same gameplay benefits, as in excalibur that recharges from void balls and have faster shield regen.

Again, why? There's no argument that can justify exclusives being re-released in any form.

to justify making PS4 version inferior by design.

You are blowing this issue way, way, way out of proportion dude.

Excalibur Prime gains what are effectively useless bonuses from the void boxes.  While the Lato and Skana Primes are literally a half a baby step above their normally obtainable counterparts.

If you really think the lack of the founder's items make the PS4 version inferior then you seriously need to relearn how to use that word.  If the Lato Prime was a Flaming longBrakk +4 then you'd have a completely valid point mind you.  The only "inferiority" held by the PS4 version is one of hardware limitations in tandem with market style restrictions which have nothing to do with DE.

Again, why? There's no argument that can justify exclusives being re-released in any form.

They can't be re-released if they were never released to begin with. Not on PS4.

You are blowing this issue way, way, way out of proportion dude.

Excalibur Prime gains what are effectively useless bonuses from the void boxes.  While the Lato and Skana Primes are literally a half a baby step above their normally obtainable counterparts.

If you really think the lack of the founder's items make the PS4 version inferior then you seriously need to relearn how to use that word.  If the Lato Prime was a Flaming longBrakk +4 then you'd have a completely valid point mind you.  The only "inferiority" held by the PS4 version is one of hardware limitations in tandem with market style restrictions which have nothing to do with DE.

Let's agree to disagree. We clearly have way different opinions on games in general. If you forma a lot of weapons you know that around 4-6 forma in even the most miserable buff is crazy important. Because it snowballs like crazy. Again, if those bonuses are useless for you, well, good. That's your opinion, everybody has one.

Because then you actually get to SEE the damn thing, like a fricken unicorn in a forest! You could appreciate that the thing exists, marvel at its awesomeness, consider yourself lucky that you even saw one in passing. Or you could be a &!$$y little punk and make a poo-poo face because you can't have one.

Doesn't matter if you missed it by a couple weeks, thats life. Doesn't matter how much money you've given since, you got your rewards for that.

This is a matter of DE bowing to the whiners in the community, which is never good thing. I don't care if it's solid proven fact written in a gold tablet posted above the doors of the DE Offices, it was a poor decision and I don't support it. And probably won't be picking the game up on consoles.

You love to pick and choose what parts of the arguements you reply to don't you? There's one little piece of info that you completely ignored, is that DE's stance is irrelevant because Sony would never allow it. So even if DE wanted to let it go through, migration would never happen unless they either have PS4 a chance at it or don't let them go through. Since they said the former is gonna happen anytime soon, there's reason to believe they had to rethink things, and maybe realized that they've already given the short end of the stick and that it probably be better not to keep making things worse.

They can't be re-released if they were never released to begin with. Not on PS4.

Let's agree to disagree. We clearly have way different opinions on games in general. If you forma a lot of weapons you know that around 4-6 forma in even the most miserable buff is crazy important. Because it snowballs like crazy. Again, if those bonuses are useless for you, well, good. That's your opinion, everybody has one.

Well then there's no reason for them to be released. They're an exclusive. And the bonuses from excalibur prime wouldn't snowball no matter how many forma you put on. The void energy bonus is negligible if you bring energy restores and build properly, and the shield recharge is barely noticable.

Also, as for sony demanding exclusives be released on playstation: I don't see this ever being an issue.