Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Used To Have So Much Faith In You De...

1. This doesn't account for the month it took getting it to cert, and the extra 4 days they purposely delayed it.

2. I still do, but they still lost a lot of it.

3. Yeah I understand they can't fix everything right away, but I would at least expect things that have already been out for a month to at least be playable.

month = 30 days = time sony can delay it before an update is given permission to release with or without Sony's permission.

You do understand, that if they touch the executable. It HAS to go through cert. That is why it takes awhile for you PS4 players. You can't just have it. Sony does hold the right to delay any update or even decline it, if it doesn't meet certain criteria. (That happened to Skyrim, PC and 360 got the update. But PS3's was declined for issues). About the dates, it most likely has to line up with PSN Store updates. So again, it's all Sony for that.

Steve explained this on the last Devstream, the whole update process.

Bugs are bugs, you're gonna get them no matter what.

Basically, if you don't want to wait for updates and stuff. Just play on PC. If you can't, then build one. You have a PS4, so you can clearly afford to do so. :v

1. This doesn't account for the month it took getting it to cert, and the extra 4 days they purposely delayed it.

2. I still do, but they still lost a lot of it.

3. Yeah I understand they can't fix everything right away, but I would at least expect things that have already been out for a month to at least be playable.

A month passes, and you get an update that adds really nice content. And what do you do? You focus on the bugs that the Devs couldn't have predicted. Just suck it up and deal with it. The fix will be out soon for you to enjoy a "Bug-Free" time getting Loki Prime.

Look, I don't care that you dislike the Dev team a little bit more now. No one does. That is your own thought about them, and you don't need to tell everyone how you feel about them now because an update took one month and it still has bugs.

And I can’t believe the arrogance in this post… 

More like I can't believe the amount of complacent consumerism in this topic.  The guy's concerns are legitimate.  Game-breaking bugs have ABSOLUTELY NO PLACE in production environments.  If the issues are as prevalent as what I can gather from the numerous topics about them, these could have and should have been identified and patched prior to rollout.  There is absolutely no excuse for this.  I create front end applications for major businesses, and if I let something like this out into prod, I'd lose my contract, for certain.

I suggest pulling your blinding brand loyalty out of your eyes and recognise legitimate issues as they are instead of attempting to belittle them for literally no reason other than fueling your pretentious narcissism. 

A month passes, and you get an update that adds really nice content. And what do you do? You focus on the bugs that the Devs couldn't have predicted. Just suck it up and deal with it. The fix will be out soon for you to enjoy a "Bug-Free" time getting Loki Prime.

Look, I don't care that you dislike the Dev team a little bit more now. No one does. That is your own thought about them, and you don't need to tell everyone how you feel about them now because an update took one month and it still has bugs.

#beenwaitingforU14for3months

#stillLoveDEbecausetheyaremakingsureitsaspolishedascanbe

You do understand, that if they touch the executable. It HAS to go through cert. That is why it takes awhile for you PS4 players. You can't just have it. Sony does hold the right to delay any update or even decline it, if it doesn't meet certain criteria. (That happened to Skyrim, PC and 360 got the update. But PS3's was declined for issues). About the dates, it most likely has to line up with PSN Store updates. So again, it's all Sony for that.

Basically, if you don't want to wait for updates and stuff. Just play on PC. If you can't, then build one. You have a PS4, so you can clearly afford to do so. :v

I KNOW IT HHAS TO GO THROUGH CERT FOR READ THE POST. IT CLEARLY SAYS THEY PURPOSELY DELAYED IT BECAUSE OF THE STORE NOT GETTING PRIME ACCESS AT THE SAME TIME.

Not yelling just trying to make my point clear since evidently people can't read worth squat.

And I would love to play in pc, but I've got 1000+ hours and dollars into the PS4 version, and would not want to start over again and leave my X-mas gift from my fiance to gather dust. Plus I can't stand mouse and keyboard.

More like I can't believe the amount of complacent consumerism in this topic.  The guy's concerns are legitimate.  Game-breaking bugs have ABSOLUTELY NO PLACE in production environments.  If the issues are as prevalent as what I can gather from the numerous topics about them, these could have and should have been identified and patched prior to rollout.  There is absolutely no excuse for this.  I create front end applications for major businesses, and if I let something like this out into prod, I'd lose my contract, for certain.

I suggest pulling your blinding brand loyalty out of your eyes and recognise legitimate issues as they are instead of attempting to belittle them for literally no reason other than fueling your pretentious narcissism. 

or its really was unpredictable and its just a bunch of complaining self entitled children, who dont unterstand that S#&$ happens

That's a bit of a silly thing to say.

Why is it people assume that just because bugs have been reported they should be fixed?

It's a matter of replicating it, finding the cause, finding a fix that doesn't break everything else, then releasing it.

And with the amount of bugs that appear in any given update, this takes TIME. 

I KNOW IT HHAS TO GO THROUGH CERT FOR READ THE POST. IT CLEARLY SAYS THEY PURPOSELY DELAYED IT BECAUSE OF THE STORE NOT GETTING PRIME ACCESS AT THE SAME TIME.

Not yelling just trying to make my point clear since evidently people can't read worth squat.

And I would love to play in pc, but I've got 1000+ hours and dollars into the PS4 version, and would not want to start over again and leave my X-mas gift from my fiance to gather dust. Plus I can't stand mouse and keyboard.

the delay was probably only a few days.

Dude... take 5 minutes and go for some fresh air and deal with it!

U14 is taking forever and it'll take a couple more weeks or more to hit Pc's and u n know what!? It'll ship with tons of bugs and we'll just have to deal with 2. Suck it up and play on.

Edited by Bazools

I wonder if the Xbone will update as fast as PC? Because your right Skyrim did update fast on PC and 360.

This is literally something one can not understand until experiencing both sides of the table. In all honesty if you play on console you should expect far longer delays for content as they go through cert, testing, and repairs, and then cert again. The process on PC is literally just testing and repairs so it's much shorter. Just gotta learn to be patient and understanding of mistakes and delays.

I swear there are some of us who don't act like this. 

We know. On both PC and PS4 there are people who can't find anything better to do than just complain about an update that Just came out, and not looking at the bright side of things.

Dude... take 5 minutes and go for some fresh air and deal with it!

U14 is taking forever and it'll take a couple more weeks or more to hit Pc's and u n know what!? It'll ship with tons of bugs and we'll just have to deal with 2. Suck it up and play on.

Umm, it's storming like crazy here. And Good for you, you get it in 2-3 weeks. Try waiting another 2 MONTHS after now, and sit and watch everyone else have a blast with their new pets, ships, frames, and weapons.

You don't push updates with a shadow of a doubt of bugs through cert on console. Especially huge bugs like this.

There is such a thing as KS, which means known shippable, meaning they'll fix it later in a hotfix, but when your fixes break things there's a problem, now they have to pay to cert another patch. (if the cert process is the same for ps3/360) bad business on DE's end.

Edited by DirkDeadeye

That's a bit of a silly thing to say.

Why is it people assume that just because bugs have been reported they should be fixed?

It's a matter of replicating it, finding the cause, finding a fix that doesn't break everything else, then releasing it.

And with the amount of bugs that appear in any given update, this takes TIME. 

I'm not making any assumptions.  Unlike most of the clinical contrarians in this topic, my career is in application development (I'm not just some armchair "expert" like most of you).  I understand that everything we devs do, we do in a development environment before anything else.  You develop it in dev, test it rigorously, then you roll out to a mock production environment prior to letting it go live.  There are two steps of that process where DE clearly failed to perform the due diligence required for a PS4 rollout.  If they properly tested the update, it wouldn't have failed so miserably.  I don't care if the root cause of the issue revolves around porting specifications, the fact of the matter is that it was DE's job to make sure it worked before pushing the update.  The discovery steps to identify the issue are totally irrelevant to the topic at hand.  They clearly weren't ready, and they pushed it anyway.  

Keep in mind I'm not agreeing with the "I WANT IT NOW" mentality, here.  If anything, quite the opposite.  My qualm is with a bugged rollout, and they should have taken even longer to roll it out.  It's like the dumb Mutalist Ospreys.  They were a terrible idea in the first place, and clearly no one tested them like they were supposed to.  As a result, they had to pull them out of certain portions of the game because they were so bad.  I think all of us would have been happier if they would have just left them out till they were ready.

Edited by Dresden_

PS player complain update taking to long. PS players complain update have bug none saw coming.

It's not the consumers fault that there are bugs despite their desire to be caught up with the PC players.

You're placing the blame on the console player because he wanted the new content, and blaming him for it being allegedly expedited and broken. No, no that is not how things work on consoles, you don't release things unless they work. Every patch has to go through cert which takes ages. Which is damaging to the product they're trying to sell, which means you don't release broken S#&$ in the first place.

Don't blame the console players for wanting it now, and getting a broken update. That's not his fault. If the developers just went ahead and said "ah F*** it, ship this busted &#! code through cert they can't wait any longer" they have no business developing on the console. 

Umm, it's storming like crazy here. And Good for you, you get it in 2-3 weeks. Try waiting another 2 MONTHS after now, and sit and watch everyone else have a blast with their new pets, ships, frames, and weapons.

U know how many months we've been waiting for U14? Plus the fact that it as been delayed!?

Do u know how many weeks of hotfixes for game breaking bugs we'll have to endure after its released? 

I'm sorry dude but u signed up for the PS4 version and ppl that sign on for ported versions of any game usually get the shorter end of the stick. 

On the bright side just think about the awesomeness that Warframe is and that it is a free2play and let your love for this game and for the devs stomp (Rhino reference :D ) the usual and unavoidable bugs that come with every new release/update.

EDIT: 

This is my advice to u and to any other player that gets upset about bugs or set backs with updates.

For those that still after taking a breather this makes no sense, the following is what i say:

Cry me a river, build me a bridge and get over it!

EDIT2: 

And more, do u think that we the PC Players don't get upset with the tons of bugs that come with every update!? We do!

Don't u think that i feel rather dissapointed that months after the Ps4 version was released we still don't have crossplay (i'de luv to play with my friends that own PS4 and i still can't) which was promised!?

Edited by Bazools

I'm not making any assumptions.  Unlike most of the clinical contrarians in this topic, my career is in application development (I'm not just some armchair "expert" like most of you).  I understand that everything we devs do, we do in a development environment before anything else.  You develop it in dev, test it rigorously, then you roll out to a mock production environment prior to letting it go live.  There are two steps of that process where DE clearly failed to perform the due diligence required for a PS4 rollout.  If they properly tested the update, it wouldn't have failed so miserably.  I don't care if the root cause of the issue revolves around porting specifications, the fact of the matter is that it was DE's job to make sure it worked before pushing the update.  The discovery steps to identify the issue are totally irrelevant to the topic at hand.  They clearly weren't ready, and they pushed it anyway.  

Keep in mind I'm not agreeing with the "I WANT IT NOW" mentality, here.  If anything, quite the opposite.  My qualm is with a bugged rollout, and they should have taken even longer to roll it out.  It's like the dumb Mutalist Ospreys.  They were a terrible idea in the first place, and clearly no one tested them like they were supposed to.  As a result, they had to pull them out of certain portions of the game because they were so bad.  I think all of us would have been happier if they would have just left them out till they were ready.

Thank you. Jesus Christ.

my PS4 downloaded update last night. COOL! so I hopped on, let it install. saw the 150,000 credit suspicious shipments alert. f*&k it, may as well

get a quick game in before I have to leave for work.

completed it. no issues whatsoever. credits banked.

for me so far, it's a success!