Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Thought The Prosecutor Was A Good Idea?

Apophix100

So I need to kill some Grineer to get a thing. So me and my buddy did a Grineer defense. No big deal. Started killing things. No problem. Then a 'Fire Prosecutor' showed up. Neither of us had pure fire damage because why would we so we literally could not advance. I would go and put fire on one of my weapons but then an electric one or one of the others would show up.

What you've effectively done here is said "hi people who want to play the game how you want to, eat S#&$, now you have to specifically build your S#&$ a very specific way just to deal with this one enemy that sometimes decides to show up." That's all fine and great for an actual boss fight that is actually warned about in advance, but basically the game just straight #*($%%@ us over when we're just trying to do a simple defense mission. Even worse if you're crazy enough to want to solo missions, well now the math literally does not work. 4 element types you need to bring in, 3 weapons to put them on. Come on now. (Yeah, I realize you can use an elemental warframe, but that's not even close to a good defense. I have to buy, build, rank up, and master an entire warframe just so I can do Grineer missions? That's not acceptable.)

I suggest you keep their elemental vulnerability, that's fine. But add some way of killing them if you didn't happen to get lucky and bring the correct elemental damage into the mission.

+1 to op

I understand that making the game more difficult is a good thing. I understand that making players adapt to certain situations is a good thing. This, however, is not a good approach. It doesn't make sense to force everyone to use a specific kind of loadout. I mean, given so many options for playstyles and everything else, where warframe lets you choose what weapons/powers/mods fit your playstyle, who seriously thought it was a good idea to say "F*** all of that freedom to play how you want, let's make this a 'build your loadout to kill a single enemy' type of game." Like was said above, if it were a boss, sure, that makes sense. If the boss randomly chose an element, sure, fine, that's great. But to not be able to play a grineer mission solo because "Oh, here's a random invincible enemy that defies any sort of logic whatsoever because raisins," is just stupid.

Edited by tidus1112

So I need to kill some Grineer to get a thing. So me and my buddy did a Grineer defense. No big deal. Started killing things. No problem. Then a 'Fire Prosecutor' showed up. Neither of us had pure fire damage because why would we so we literally could not advance. I would go and put fire on one of my weapons but then an electric one or one of the others would show up.

What you've effectively done here is said "hi people who want to play the game how you want to, eat S#&$, now you have to specifically build your S#&$ a very specific way just to deal with this one enemy that sometimes decides to show up." That's all fine and great for an actual boss fight that is actually warned about in advance, but basically the game just straight #*($%%@ us over when we're just trying to do a simple defense mission. Even worse if you're crazy enough to want to solo missions, well now the math literally does not work. 4 element types you need to bring in, 3 weapons to put them on. Come on now. (Yeah, I realize you can use an elemental warframe, but that's not even close to a good defense. I have to buy, build, rank up, and master an entire warframe just so I can do Grineer missions? That's not acceptable.)

I suggest you keep their elemental vulnerability, that's fine. But add some way of killing them if you didn't happen to get lucky and bring the correct elemental damage into the mission.

at least one Prosecutor WILL show up on any Grineer mission on Ceres.

This game is riddled with fake difficulty, it's something you're gonna have to deal with.

Until / if they ever implement actual enemy design rather than bullS#&$ stacked on bulletspongy instagib cannons, you're stuck with it.

Just look how many applicable gameplay flaws Warframe suffers from in this single list http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FakeDifficulty

Prosecutors = Character Select Forcing

"Where the game designs levels or enemies to only be beatable by a particular character or set of characters and doesn't require or at least hint at which characters you need to pick at the outset."

Always like reading people that for the first time ever posting is a complaint thread

Not contributing to a thread by doing nothing but discrediting OP for something completely pointless is also funny. Ha. I laughed. If nothing else, it just means that nothing else seemed important enough to complain or talk about until now.

The existence of prosecutors could be telegraphed for new players in-game / before they're playing a lost mission. I think that kind of UI feedback is something DE should generally include for all missions that require it - if not include some amount of automation and initiative in getting players set up. Imagine if corrupted keys only showed up in your gear list when you join / host an Orokin Derelict mission. Or that the first time you do host an ODm, a pop up window walks you through buying corrupted key blueprints, building your own corrupted keys, and equipping them.

The current codex information system is sort of ok for having information on hand, but it's not going to jump in when players don't know they need to know something.

Re: "3 weapons, can't solo" - you actually have 5 ways of dealing elemental damage solo - 3 weapons, 1 warframe, 1 sentinel.

Edited by Novocrane

Always like reading people that for the first time ever posting is a complaint thread

I have better S#&$ to do than post on a forum if it's something unimportant.

Can't you just use melee to kill them? I've been able to melee them with no elements and kill them just fine.

I just melee them, works fine.  Ash's abilities don't hurt them though.

We were sitting there spamming melee on them for ages, no change in HP at all. It's possible that it was because we had a combined element damage on our melee? I will take off my elemental damage on my sword for now and see if it works.

Edited by Apophix100

The existence of prosecutors could be telegraphed for new players in-game / before they're playing a lost mission, but you actually have 5 ways of dealing elemental damage solo - 3 weapons, 1 warframe, 1 sentinel.

We've already established that warframe essentially isn't an option unless you've already spec'd into an elemental frame. On top of that, the requirement to respec all of your weapons solely to kill one kind of enemy will do nothing but hinder your performance against every other kind of enemy that you will run into. I fail to see how this enemy adds anything but frustration to the game.

You do have a point, not the communicated in the best way, but a point. However, it is not impossible to do even in solo, you just have to play smart.

You have three weapons and a sentinel (I would think if you're in Ceres). There are 4 main elements. Put a different element per weapon/sentinel and use your melee to help out your sentinel. If your in a team, it's even easier for obvious reasons.

But all that being said, there are some changes that need to be done and DE has been told, but it's up to them to decide if they want to keep it or not.

The existence of prosecutors could be telegraphed for new players in-game / before they're playing a lost mission, but you actually have 5 ways of dealing elemental damage solo - 3 weapons, 1 warframe, 1 sentinel.

Like I said in the OP, telling me to use a different Warframe to kill one type of enemy is absurd. It's literally a different playstyle. I don't own any elemental based Warframes and I don't intend to own any elemental based warframes because my playstyle complements Rhino's abilities.

Yeah, sentinal is a valid point I suppose but by the time the prosecutor shows up it is often dead by that point.

I get what OP is saying.  They're making us play a guessing game with the enemies.  Yeah, sure, we could use an elemental type Warframe, but what about someone who wants to play as their favorite Warframe that doesn't exactly have every element needed to kill a prosecutor?  I'm not going to use a different Warframe just to kill a single enemy unless it's some sort of boss fight.  

It was possible to kill them with sheer brute force but they changed it cause 'WHY NOT', so now we have to give our sentinal a combat mode, but that doesnt work because the entire grineer fraction loves AOE and kills the sentinal quickly. and not everyone has every warframe or is good with every warframe so pretty much DE says to us, "Go play online and take a gamble with the conection or no endless defense/survival for you."

So yes changes are needed.

at least one Prosecutor WILL show up on any Grineer mission on Ceres.

I've done a couple of solo exterminates on Ceres, I've never seen a Prosecutor in my life.

Fact of the matter is, you shouldn't have to lock yourself into a single warframe or weapon just for an enemy that MIGHT show up.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Ceres has prosecutors. Congratulations, you now know they exist. Plan accordingly.

Also, please note: You can have 5 damage sources:

1. warframe

2. primary weapon

3. secondary weapon

4. melee weapon

5. sentinel weapon

Which means that you can have all 4 elements at once, AND have something that doesn't use one at all. So, soloing is no big deal.

I'm not sure how you managed to get so far and have neither of you knowing they exist, but they do.

If you're going in to places blind, you're going to learn the hard way(like you just did). If you gather any info from outside sources, you'd have easily discovered they exist.

They're easy to handle, easy to plan for, and rather infamous.

EDIT: Bonus: Many weapons have special single-element specials that aren't altered by the mod layout(amphis ground strike, for example, is always electric damage). So it's actually possible to get all 4 elements using only 2 weapons.(amprex+dual heat swords, for example)

Edited by Llyssa

Aren't prosecutors only on Ceres ? Sorry if I'm wrong but, in that case, just stop playing on Ceres unless you have a full elemental stuff... :(

Nope. In fact, they're even more specific than that. They're only on maps that:

1. Are grineer controlled.

2. Are on ceres.

3. Use the shipyard tileset.

So it works out to something like 4 maps in the whole game feature them(which has been cited as a problem by Hek hunters).

It's quite far in the game, quite difficult to reach, and very limited in scope even where it shows up. So, it's not like, say, the lightbulb fiasco, where people on mercury were getting vaporized after playing for 10 minutes. This is something you've been playing for 50+ hours before you see, unless you make special taxi trips to get there. Even then, the taxi trips would demonstrate the problem.

So there's no excuse for not knowing they're there. The only thing I can imagine is an old player returning, not reading any updates, not playing with any other players, and randomly lucking out on picking one of the 4(out of 260+) maps where they exist. As noted, if you happen to be in this rare, exceedingly small group of people, you still learn about them and have the ability to leave the mission, fix your gear, and go back. So it's a bit of a non-issue.

Ceres has prosecutors. Congratulations, you now know they exist. Plan accordingly.

Also, please note: You can have 5 damage sources:

1. warframe

2. primary weapon

3. secondary weapon

4. melee weapon

5. sentinel weapon

Which means that you can have all 4 elements at once, AND have something that doesn't use one at all. So, soloing is no big deal.

I'm not sure how you managed to get so far and have neither of you knowing they exist, but they do.

If you're going in to places blind, you're going to learn the hard way(like you just did). If you gather any info from outside sources, you'd have easily discovered they exist.

They're easy to handle, easy to plan for, and rather infamous.

EDIT: Bonus: Many weapons have special single-element specials that aren't altered by the mod layout(amphis ground strike, for example, is always electric damage). So it's actually possible to get all 4 elements using only 2 weapons.(amprex+dual heat swords, for example)

I already addressed all of this. As for not knowing they existed yet, I just recently got back into the game after not playing for some time.

Forcing me to change my entire play style for one enemy is not acceptable. Ever. Especially in such a class-based game.

Aren't prosecutors only on Ceres ? Sorry if I'm wrong but, in that case, just stop playing on Ceres unless you have a full elemental stuff... :(

Not playing part of the game is also not acceptable.