Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Thought The Prosecutor Was A Good Idea?

Apophix100

This game is riddled with fake difficulty, it's something you're gonna have to deal with.

Until / if they ever implement actual enemy design rather than bullS#&$ stacked on bulletspongy instagib cannons, you're stuck with it.

Just look how many applicable gameplay flaws Warframe suffers from in this single list http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FakeDifficulty

Prosecutors = Character Select Forcing

"Where the game designs levels or enemies to only be beatable by a particular character or set of characters and doesn't require or at least hint at which characters you need to pick at the outset."

Yea, some of the enemy balancing is pretty bad. Like the Stalker, he isn't actually a challenging fight, he has awful AI and just runs around like an idiot, but he just has a Dread that can deal 1800dmg. It is more of a case of, spam when he is trying to get up so you don't get one-shotted, or run around hoping you don't get one-shotted. Kinda bland imo, because it it fake diffictly, "Well... We can't make this challenging through abilitys, so lets make him do a lot of damage"

Edited by xSwagM0nsterRawYolo420x

I have better S#&$ to do than post on a forum if it's something unimportant.

We were sitting there spamming melee on them for ages, no change in HP at all. It's possible that it was because we had a combined element damage on our melee? I will take off my elemental damage on my sword for now and see if it works.

the prosecutors are vulnerable on slash type damage may be you should try using slash type melee or weapon...

Problems I see with this is:

1) There should be NO ENEMY that cannot be damaged AT ALL even by a different type of damage. A Electric Prosecutor might be immune to Fire, Cold and Viral - but not Critical, Slash, Impact damages  Those are not ELEMENT damages and should bypass the Prosecutor's Immunity (somewhat). The damage can be reduced to a small amount, but there should still be SOME DAMAGE. Otherwise its forcing people to play a certain way, with a specific load-out It also leads to a potential un-finishable mission, because he cant kill you and you cannot kill him..

2) The Prosecutor should be able to be killed another way - but drop nothing. Instead of requiring he only be killed by that element, the Prosecutor should have the ability to be killed by non-elemental means - but the difference is he wont drop anything. Better than having him hang around forever with people scratching their heads trying to figure out what they are going to do...

3) No enemy should be invincible - remember WE are the heroes in this story. We should always have a way to win.Note that the Prosecutor not only has immunity to three elements and all other damage types - you can stagger him but you cant throw him (like the Jat Kittag's ability to throw enemies into the next mission...), If we could make him fly... or SOMETHING besides satisfy his element, the fight would be much more open to other Frames.

4) All Frames should have an innate Element attached to their ability. Ember, Saryn, Frost do. How about the others? Would it be so hard to assign an element to  each Warframe's AoE or attacking abilities?

The last time I brought it up, the issue was.

"I didn't bother to grind everything else, I hate melee, I only want to use my primary, I don't want to give my sentinel weapon" blah blah blah.

100% Player issue.

Today, I went and farmed ceres defense with the wrong mod on my gun. I had blast on instead of just fire. I killed a stalker in that mission too but I just sucked it up and press abort, then went back and farmed for about 15 waves twice. Have all my Hydroid part now.

What did I learn from that? I have to be more careful before just pressing a stage because I had been messing up my Nekky's mod pretty often too because I kept forgetting to change it. I know it's hard but sometime, you just have accept that you are at fault here and that the word "badly-designed" cannot be thrown around as an excuse for everything.

Because like it or not, a game where a single weapon can kill everything and never having to go to mod load out again ever is the badly-designed one, not the one that tells you to change once in awhile to perform well in a certain part of the game.

I've got the mods. I've got everything I'd need to fight the prosecutors. I have no problem killing them with the proper gear. It's not a matter of whether or not I can do it. It's an absolutely abhorredly easy task to kill a prosecutor with the proper gear. This is the problem. It's not a difficult enemy to kill. I had a harder time on mercury back when I was level 1 and didn't know how to play the game. It's just a stupid concept and bad design.

Also since when did I say I'm against switching mods out? I'm against DE picking which mods I use. I'm against being forced to use a specific mod when I get to high level play. Switching mods out because they are more effective against grineer/corpus/infested is completely okay. That makes logical sense. Using "X" mod or "Y" weapon because they are the only thing in existence which can kill an enemy makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER. I also enjoy melee and used it exclusively for a pretty extended period of time when I played the game earlier on. The only thing you're right about on that first statement is that I don't care about my sentinel having a weapon. I have a carrier, and it does its job. Making it aggro other enemies is the opposite of what it is intended to do.

I don't know what more I can say. It's just a bad enemy type. Period. It literally adds absolutely nothing to the game. More importantly, it detracts from the game, making it more linear and just generally simple. Serves no purpose.

Edited by tidus1112

I ran a mission on Ceres last night to test a build and ran into one of these guys. I had to quit the mission because I ran out of ammo and my fingers were sore from trying to use melee. I was running Paris Prime, Acrid and Fang. The Viral damage from Acrid seemed effective at first, but that only went so far. A headshot from PP should not result in a 0 damage number. A significant reduction(75-90%) in damage would be expected, but completely negating the damage from a one shot Boss killer is unacceptable.

So I was lovingly placed into a mission during the reward-timer between wave 5 and 6, got slapped in the face with a host migration screen and then ended up alone at wave 6 because the rest of the team evacuated.

I had pure fire and ice weapons equipped and ofc a toxic bugger spawns. None of my weapons did anything, and I mean ANYTHING. Straight zeroes all across the board. Plugged him with sniper bullets in the face and the guy just ate them like peanuts and asked for more.

Had to alt-F4 to get out of that mission.

I'd call that a game breaking "feature".