Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Power Not Unlocked - Answer Found!

Hekcate

Question

Hi - my ingame name is Hekcate and I have a recurring issue with my L22 Saryn trying to use Miasma ..

Please assume that I and others ingame have already explored this problem from almost every possible angle and situation - and now we are at the point of probing you others out there for other, perhaps stranger reasons why I cannot use the Saryn Frame Power Miasma.

I have tried various Mod window configurations and now have the Power Mod in the bottom right hand slot - as advised.

I have swapped Frames and relogged - even did a File Cache check and had Steam reinstall the game completely - and checked things such as key-mapping problems - but I have a L30 Excalibur that works absolutely 100% perfectly with all the game settings I have customised for my own use.

On advice from one of the many very helpful people who have spent time trying to help me sort this problem out ... I have taken some screen shots and will post the direct links to the Image Hosting site I have put them on.

1. My Installed Mod Screen - http://postimg.org/image/8xezvhyvx

2. Ingame Screenshot showing the Power Level indicators and selected Power on the bottom right - http://postimg.org/image/we6atg2gv

As you can see the 'Power Not Unlocked' message appears as I try to trigger the Miasma Power - just as I would any other - all of which work fine.

It could well be and probably is something to do with my game as others have been using their Saryn's today and triggering Miasma with no problem at all ... but, apart from doing a reinstall, File Cache check  etc etc I'm not sure what else I can do.

If anyone can expand or elaborate in a new direction I would be most pleased to hear from you :)

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I hope we can find a solution as I love Saryn and want to continue to play her !

Edited by Hekcate

13 answers to this question

Are you using the keys or the mouse wheel?  I use the wheel and have never had an issue.

Mouse Wheel to scroll through the powers (if more than 1 installed) - and Numlock 0 to trigger the Power.

I think I have the problem unborked ...

The Power Keys

Button 1 = Power A

Button 2= Power B

Button 3 = Power C

Button 4 = Power D

Miasma is Power D .. but I had Numlock 0 mapped to Power A - so if the Power Venom (Power A) is not installed it gives me the message 'Power Not Unlocked' ...

I am so sorry  ... I just assumed the Key to trigger any power that was selected by the Mouse Wheel was a SINGLE BUTTON ... which it obviously not ><

In other games you can cycle through abilities and then trigger any of them with one key ... but Warframe isn't made like that!

in Warframe each Power has it's own Key as it's trigger but is selected by the Mouse Wheel.... which is where I was getting confused.

I will probably only use Venom and Miasma so will remap two keys just for them ...

Thank you all for helping me sort out this very banal but brain-crunching annoying little problem :)

Props to Darjan and Inhumane for helping me untie this little knot of bleh ..,. and thank you all.

Are you sure your hitting the right key? Have you tried reset your key bindings to default and see if it works at default settings?

Well, in theory I was using the right key I'd mapped ... but for my Excalibur 'Power A' power.

Miasma is Power D ... and my mapped key to trigger the Power was trying to trigger Power A ... and the only Power I had slotted was Power D ><

Duuuuuh ...

Thanks for the right pointing comment though. Appreciated.

No worries! Best option is to change your keymap for running Excal to have that choice key activate current ability. 

Though most of us are just used to hitting buttons 1-4, because it's really no different than any other MMO (or FPS for switching weapons).

No worries! Best option is to change your keymap for running Excal to have that choice key activate current ability. 

Though most of us are just used to hitting buttons 1-4, because it's really no different than any other MMO (or FPS for switching weapons).

Absolutely - but I'm a bit well ... ambidextrous in a funny way ....

My dominant hand is my left hand (i write with my left hand) - I use the Mouse with my right hand , but I use the keyboard as a right handed person might ... my left hand thinks it's my right hand on the keyboard ... it wants to use the Arrow keys and surrounding keys for actions.

It's easier for me to use NumPad keys than the Number keys above the letter ones.

Most right handed people I know use their mouse with their right hands ... as I do, but I'm left handed in most things ... except a few things where my left hand thinks it's my right ... such as with the keyboard. lol :)

Like ... I kick with my right leg .. that's my main leg, can't kick for anything with my left foot ...

but, I shoot (focus eye) with my left eye.

and in tennis I can do identical serves, backhands, forward hits and smashes with either hand ...

kinda mixed-up ambidextrous mutant ...

Edited by Hekcate

I think I have the problem unborked ...

The Power Keys

Button 1 = Power A

Button 2= Power B

Button 3 = Power C

Button 4 = Power D

Miasma is Power D .. but I had Numlock 0 mapped to Power A - so if the Power Venom (Power A) is not installed it gives me the message 'Power Not Unlocked' ...

I am so sorry  ... I just assumed the Key to trigger any power that was selected by the Mouse Wheel was a SINGLE BUTTON ... which it obviously not ><

There is a keybind for 'Use Selected Power' which defaults to Mouse 3, iirc. That is the binding you would use to activate a power after having selected it with the scroll wheel. Setting that to Numpad 0 should give you the configuration you were looking for.

There is a keybind for 'Use Selected Power' which defaults to Mouse 3, iirc. That is the binding you would use to activate a power after having selected it with the scroll wheel. Setting that to Numpad 0 should give you the configuration you were looking for.

Thanks Darzk - I will scan through the key bind options! :)