Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Not Hyped For Player Ships?

Drunken_Child

I don't get it what al the ruckus is over the player ships.

"OOH a place where I can walk around in."

Yeah, its call a mission.

"No you don't understand, there is no enemiesssss and there is stuff you can doooo."

Yeah its called a dojo.

"You don't understand, you just don't understand."

I think I do

Edited by Einde
Made convenient.

Because it grounds the player in the universe and it looks cool as hell.

Why does it have to have a point? Why can't it just be awesome?

By all means, don't get excited over it. But don't have a go at people who are. 

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Not to mention that it ties directly into the New Player Experience. One of the key problems with the current NPX other than the learning curve and a few other things is the fact that there is nothing really driving the player to get immersed into the world. Gameplay is important, but so is immersion.

I'm more interested in that rather than the mechanics. That being said, I am looking forward to the mechanics.

EDIT: And we have to start somewhere when it comes to connecting gameplay and the world around the player. We have few enough connections as it is, and hopefully this will be a good way to not only connect but also get new players interested right away. Keeping players is important, but getting them interested as much as possible right off the bat is just as important.

EDIT 2: Plus there is the UI revamp. Aside from the obvious, one of the most asked for additions/fixes/changes for the UI was a better lobby system. According to what the Devs have mentioned and said in recent Devstreams and developments, the new player ships (and by extension the player lobbies) will bring major improvements.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

Not to mention that it ties directly into the New Player Experience. One of the key problems with the current NPX other than the learning curve and a few other things is the fact that there is nothing really driving the player to get immersed into the world. Gameplay is important, but so is immersion.

Also, like, why have the Normandy in Mass Effect?

Walking around? You can do that in missions.

Firing range? Missions.

Stuff to do? Everywhere else.

Pretty lights? The entire frigging game is built on pretty lights.

I'm looking forward to it because I think spaceships are the tightest S#&$, the view from the main deck looks snazzy as hell, and I know I'm gonna be colouring the absolute sodding buggery out of the whole thing.

All we need to top it off is a little big-headed Lotus bobblehead that says "it's the grineer!" in a really high voice when you activate it.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

I am insanely excited. It will bring in a new level of immersion. Instead of just finishing a mission it will feel like an interlude as you maintain control of your character and have him/her doing the interaction with the different modules which normally you would just click on. You will also have the epic views and get to feel like you are a soldier making his/her way around the solar system trying to maintain balance (get the best loot).

Then once you have had your Tenno select the pet, frame, and weapons they want you will have them wonder over to the new and beautiful star chart, select your mission and then with a small cutscene of YOUR liset flying across space and dropping you off, then having YOUR liset pick you up. It will be a fantastic new level of personalisation and immersion, a level of which we have not experienced anywhere close to yet.

This will make the game have a constant flow which will make it feel more persistent. I am ridiculously excited to see DE pull this off (fingers crossed this week, however unlikely).

If you are not, well then I'm sorry to hear that, and i hope that dispute this you still enjoy it when the changes arrive.

I am insanely excited. It will bring in a new level of immersion. Instead of just finishing a mission it will feel like an interlude as you maintain control of your character and have him/her doing the interaction with the different modules which normally you would just click on. You will also have the epic views and get to feel like you are a soldier making his/her way around the solar system trying to maintain balance (get the best loot).

Then once you have had your Tenno select the pet, frame, and weapons they want you will have them wonder over to the new and beautiful star chart, select your mission and then with a small cutscene of YOUR liset flying across space and dropping you off, then having YOUR liset pick you up. It will be a fantastic new level of personalisation and immersion, a level of which we have not experienced anywhere close to yet.

This will make the game have a constant flow which will make it feel more persistent. I am ridiculously excited to see DE pull this off (fingers crossed this week, however unlikely).

If you are not, well then I'm sorry to hear that, and i hope that dispute this you still enjoy it when the changes arrive.

You don't understand how happy reading this made me :D

to be fair, the point of it is to make the ui more new user friendly since each part would end up getting explained and purchased individually along with changing the now-confusing planet map thing

to be fair, the point of it is to make the ui more new user friendly since each part would end up getting explained and purchased individually along with changing the now-confusing planet map thing

Oh yes, the NPE will be great too. It'll really bring the new players in and actually teach them stuff.

But for the rest of us, having a snazzy-@$$ ninja spaceship to plod around in is gonna be just as rad.

I never had a proper tutorial. I never got the love and attention from the Lotus that I needed.

With the new tutorial, I can feel young again.

I can live. 

[size=2] ...And then die horribly because I suck at the game. [/size]

Edited by AdunSaveMe

I don't get it what al the ruckus is over the player ships.

"OOH a place where I can walk around in."

Yeah, its call a mission.

"No you don't understand, there is no enemiesssss and there is stuff you can doooo."

Yeah its called a dojo.

"You don't understand, you just don't understand."

I think I do.

- The Hitler of Hype

Dojo doesn't have the same feel as a player ship does, it feels you're just in some high-rise building that's made of space metals, whereas in the player ship, it feels like you're actually in space rather than....well, a space skyscrapper (incidentally, is it still called a skyscrapper if it's in space?) Also, because we wanna feel like we're actually the master of our own destiny by giving us more immersion and another place to call home.

+1 to OP.  It's eye candy.  All the goals they've set out to accomplish with it could be done with a simple 2d ui.  Said the same thing when people were going all gugu over the hubs.  There were better ways De could have spent their time :|