Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Not Hyped For Player Ships?

Drunken_Child

+1 to OP.  It's eye candy.  All the goals they've set out to accomplish with it could be done with a simple 2d ui.  Said the same thing when people were going all gugu over the hubs.  There were better ways De could have spent their time :|

God forbid they should build their game, right?

I'm hyped for the inevitable disappointment it will be. I give it two days before people, especially the people so excited, come on to the forums and go, "So, uh, is this it?"

Oh boy, this

People are hyped for everything they've shown. They know what they're gonna get, and what it's gonna look like.

Most aren't hyped for big space battles or disco balls, cos they know it ain't gonna happen. For now. They know what to expect.

And they didn't even show everything.

I reckon most people will be quite satisfied.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

I'm curious. Guardedly so. I'd rather have a fast efficent UI than having to "run around" in game for menu features. The reason this design worked in say a game like Mass Effect is because there were game elements on the ship (like dialogue interaction with crew members/party members). A tenno ship in theory only has a crew of one so far. Maybe if there was some ship to ship combat or larger tenno ship you could create for assualt or bording actions.

Edited by Trajhenkhetlive

Isn't the personal ship gonna, y'know make the Dojo pretty much obsolete? The whole point of the Dojo was that it was your Tenno's home base where they hid out, relaxed, trained, and slept. Now we have our own fancy "personal ships" that do all of that and probably more.

Edited by JerZeyCJ

Isn't the personal ship gonna, y'know make the Dojo pretty much obsolete? The whole point of the Dojo was that it was your Tenno's home base where they hid out, relaxed, trained, and slept. Now we have our own fancy "personal ships" that do all of that and probably more.

There are things the Dojo has the Player Ships will not.

Can't research clan weapons in the ship.

Edited by Katakuna

Can't make clan weapons in the ship.

Not yet anyway. Wouldn't surprise me if DE eventually allowed you to do that stuff aboard your ship as well, so that the people that don't want to join/make a clan can get it too.

Not yet anyway. Wouldn't surprise me if DE eventually allowed you to do that stuff aboard your ship as well, so that the people that don't want to join/make a clan can get it too.

Not a good idea to assume, especially on unreleased content. Personally, I don't think it will happen, but the fact of the matter is anything can happen. Another fact is that in order for one to not overshadow the other both the Dojo and Player Ships will need things that make them unique and separate to the other. Right now, Dojo has the Rails, Trading, Activities, and Clan Tech.

The dojo, aside from being a place for research, is also a very large place with decorations and garden rooms that you can't put decorations in, usually where you to go hang out with other people.

Your liset is a small, one-man ship. With bobble heads, hopefully.

You actually don't understand. We have been meditating over the Solar System for how many months? Yeah, from the beginning of the game! Not only is your own ship an awesome, fresh, new idea, It's relief from things that we had for almost a year. Why do you think Prime Warframes are such a hit? Because they are GOLDEN TRIM, COOLER LOOKING, PRESTIGIOUS versions of what already exists. That's why they bring in new weapons ever few weeks. Something new. Something...

NEW.

No, just like the guys above me said, clantech is still going to be it's own thing, so there's that, and you can't invite your friends to your ship at least not until 14.2 or something. Think of your tenno ship as a cozy little abode in space, and the dojo as a space hotel, the two feels different.

I'm still hoping we'll be able to pilot ships to the drop off points or even

Note: Alliance Officials have dismissed the existence of so-called Reavers as nothing more than rumors and ghost-stories.

that would actually be cool to have like during events/or the corpus Vs. Grinner things, like either you fly your ship or its a cinematic as the two factions are fighting it to the death as you go for the mission objective

Personally, I am not hyped at all. In fact, I don't really welcome this "new features". I don't see what is the problem with the UI and all that we have now, I like it as it is now.

Why do you think Prime Warframes are such a hit? Because they are GOLDEN TRIM, COOLER LOOKING, PRESTIGIOUS versions of what already exists. 

I'm sorry but, despite that I am going to look like a sexist person, you just reminded me of the kind of woman that goes shopping even if they don't really need it (Oh, look, new shoes, and this dress is beautiful, and this purse...).
The Prime versions, right now, are nothing but the exact same frame but with a lousy extra polarity and... yeah, golden parts. that-is-all! It's not really worth it. I get them for the XP, nothing else..
Edited by Hawner

Personally, I am not hyped at all. In fact, I don't really welcome this "new features". I don't see what is the problem with the UI and all that we have now, I like it as it is now.

No change ever! Keep everything the way it is! Yeah!

No change ever! Keep everything the way it is! Yeah!

I'm not saying to never change, but change for the sake of change is not good. There are things that have priority (bugs, performance issues...) and this new UI is not important at all. Even less if it's going to fill the most relaxing part of the UI with things that should be in the Arsenal, for example.