Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Not Hyped For Player Ships?

Drunken_Child

Because

1. Not a plain menu

2. Brings more life to game (heavily desired since CB)

3. Dust (EVE) Did it, and it was pretty cool. Plus not everyone wants to join a clan I am sure.

4. Gives the game a more alive skin. Perfect for PS4, and Xbox one. Instead of making it look like another mindless game. It gives it personality. The age of staring at a star chart that sometimes act as if the Tenno were on drugs when the planets get huge is over...

So, nothing important.

I'm sorry, but I do not see any improvement. What you would call "boring" and "plain" I call "Simplified". It's perfect to relax before and after each mission, you don't have the screen full of gadgets and so much things.

Yeah, that huge planets thing I do understand. It's logic to think that small planets and moons would need to be bigger on screen to be easily selectable, but that hurts a little to the eyes.

So, nothing important.

I'm sorry, but I do not see any improvement. What you would call "boring" and "plain" I call "Simplified". It's perfect to relax before and after each mission, you don't have the screen full of gadgets and so much things.

Pretty much the things you don't like are the same things other people do like.

What you think of as needless and unimportant, others see as refreshing and awesome.

There is only one solution.

IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-DUEL

God forbid they should build their game, right?

The creation of actual game play systems/mechanics are more integral to game building than a flashy UI.  I'd have though that would be fairly obvious to most people :|

Consider that this update will most likely take a full month longer than some of the most comprehensive and game changing updates that the game has had.  And most of that is because of the player ship.  Imagine all the extra playable content we could have if they instead spent that time on more quests, lore, the proxy war system and the focus system.

The game is a little dry and stale now new up date U14 = new input for the game so not dry and stale and on the plus side the gamers feed back i,m reading on this forum says to me lot people will play this game more if its any good for the game this = more players playing it 

The novelty will wear off quickly once you run through all the content of the update.  I'd have preferred that we get more new gameplay content rather than a new flashy UI.

Edited by Aggh

IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-DUEL

I just heard it with the same voice as in the opening of Yugioh. God, brings back memories...

The creation of actual game play systems/mechanics are more integral to game building than a flashy UI.  I'd have though that would be fairly obvious to most people :|

Can't agree more, pal.

Edited by Hawner

Consider that this update will most likely take a full month longer than some of the most comprehensive and game changing updates that the game has had.  And most of that is because of the player ship.  Imagine all the extra playable content we could have if they instead spent that time on more quests, lore, the proxy war system and the focus system.

Except we're getting quests, we're getting lore, and we're also getting the new dark sector conflict, and new mission types.

It's not even mostly about the player ship or the UI or the space dogs.

The other aspects are coming. It's in progress

But the NPE takes precedence over stuff for existing players.

Because you don't get existing players if nobody gets past the first couple of hours.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Except we're getting quests, we're getting lore, and we're also getting the new dark sector conflict, and new mission types.

It's not even mostly about the player ship or the UI or the space dogs.

The other aspects are coming. It's in progress

But the NPE takes precedence over stuff for existing players.

Because you don't get existing players if nobody gets past the first couple of hours.

Please, as if those would take any more than completely reworking the entire melee system.  Or the damage system.  It shouldn't come as a surprise that reworking the entire UI into a brand new 3d environment is taking up a substantial part of this updates   development.  We could have undoubtedly had all those systems earlier if it weren't for the player ship.

Edited by Aggh

As you can see OP we are dealing with an community who us probably 12 years old or they're grown up but still have a brain which didn't develope

So yeah expect this situation...

Devs spend months working on this useless new skin for the UI

Devs think it will keep the players attracted for a while

This kids enter the game say "oh cool" and move on... No other words on the useless UI

A bunch of bugs will come with it and they'll be fixing it for another 6 months if not more

Please, as if those would take any more than completely reworking the entire melee system.  Or the damage system.  It shouldn't come as a surprise that reworking the entire UI into a brand new 3d environment is taking up a substantial part of this updates   development.  We could have undoubtedly had all those systems earlier if it weren't for the player ship.

I hope you aren't implying damage and melee are more important than the new user experience, cos that would be silly.

This ship, the UI, all the other stuff isn't just flashy lights (I mean, it is, technically, but you know what I mean).

It's there for a purpose, a purpose which has been stated multiple times already.

This is what happens. Content gets added. Things take priority, and things take longer than other things. You can't just fix bugs overnight. You can't just put aside the entire experience for new players, the one that gets them interested and keeps them in the game, just to tweak a recently-changed system. And this ship and the UI are not the only big points of this update.

But hey, maybe they should never have even started with the player ship. Make a different NPE. Have the Tenno sit on a map till the next century ticks over. Have a flat and bland UI.

Don't even bother making it an interesting and immersive experience, oh no. That's not allowed!

Edited by AdunSaveMe

knowing DE latest release  stratagem it will be buggy and half broken ,

Channeling has as much wrong with it as right , same goes for DS , the new specters ;  who uses any things else but vapor ?    And argon crystals 

plus PWE hanging over our head like a sword of  Damocles  i'm  now an alert  / Friday only player  ...

knowing DE latest release  stratagem it will be buggy and half broken ,

Exaggeration

Channeling has as much wrong with it as right 

Opinion, make a thread about it in feedback

same goes for DS

Actually being changed in this update

And argon crystals 

A unique resource you have to farm for? Unheard of!

the new specters ;  who uses any things else but vapor ?

Anyone who has anything other than vapor? Anyone who actually knows how helpful specters can be? Just a guess.

plus PWE hanging over our head like a sword of  Damocles  i'm  now an alert  / Friday only player  ...

You mean that thing that people panicked about without knowing half of what was going on?

You mean the stuff that people seemed to feel had already happened when in fact nothing had happened at all?

You mean the thing that has died down now that people realize a) it's not certain and b) they couldn't do anything about it if it was?

Edited by AdunSaveMe

One of the main reason I think that DE has prioritized the NPE over tweaking their existing content, is the same reason other industries (such as the car industry, sales and corporate, etc) spend more money/time on coming up with and distributing new products. It makes them more money. It spreads their name to more people. It allows them to keep doing what they're doing.

Existing customers are more likely to stick around for the new stuff, have opinions on the new stuff, and experience it. They are also more likely to give more money to the company, and tell their friends about it.

New/non-existing customers aren't a factor in ANY OF THIS. They don't know that there's new stuff, they can't have opinions on the new stuff, and they certainly won't be giving any money to the company or telling their friends about it. That just doesn't make any sense at all.

So the company needs to reach out to these new players, by providing them with a good sales pitch, coupled with good reputation and solid, reliable products.

It's pretty much the same concept for DE.

They create player ships, with a flashy new UI, some pretty lights and hopefully bobbleheads, and suddenly the game seems so much more appealing. New players will look at Warframe and think "wow, this game is well polished and interesting" and they will stick around and become existing players.

All this being said, DE is still fixing and tweaking existing content. It's not like the company is one guy who only has enough time to work on one part of the game at a time and judges which part needs work by the amount of people whining about it. They've been around a long time, and have a plethora of people working for them.

tl;dr DE likes money. DE likes new people. DE hasn't run away from patching bugs.

As you can see OP we are dealing with an community who us probably 12 years old or they're grown up but still have a brain which didn't develope

So yeah expect this situation...

Devs spend months working on this useless new skin for the UI

Devs think it will keep the players attracted for a while

This kids enter the game say "oh cool" and move on... No other words on the useless UI

A bunch of bugs will come with it and they'll be fixing it for another 6 months if not more

That is quite the generalization saying people are children and brains "didn't develop" just because they want something new. Also most people will actually enjoy this new UI including myself. Also exactly what UI do you want a flat screen with little interaction whatsoever? Yes this was a big change incoming and the other aspects i.e quests are coming to so just wait and see y'know make it easier for everyone.

That is quite the generalization saying people are children and brains "didn't develop" just because they want something new. Also most people will actually enjoy this new UI including myself. Also exactly what UI do you want a flat screen with little interaction whatsoever? Yes this was a big change incoming and the other aspects i.e quests are coming to so just wait and see y'know make it easier for everyone.

It was an unnecessary change

And as I said and have to obviously repeat myself

You and the rest of the hyped people: "oh cool... What now... Oh yeah let me join a match because basically that's all what it is"

It's a new layout with a bunch of new bugs

" No you don't understand there won't be bugs they revamped it and took care of them"

Suuure they did.

It was an unnecessary change

And as I said and have to obviously repeat myself

You and the rest of the hyped people: "oh cool... What now... Oh yeah let me join a match because basically that's all what it is"

It's a new layout with a bunch of new bugs

" No you don't understand there won't be bugs they revamped it and took care of them"

Suuure they did.

You can't possibly predict the state it will be in, that's ridiculous.

You also can't possibly know how the people who are looking forward to it will react.

You're making a lot of silly assumptions.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

The novelty will wear off quickly once you run through all the content of the update.  I'd have preferred that we get more new gameplay content rather than a new flashy UI.

This.

I hope you aren't implying damage and melee are more important than the new user experience, cos that would be silly.

This ship, the UI, all the other stuff isn't just flashy lights (I mean, it is, technically, but you know what I mean).

It's there for a purpose, a purpose which has been stated multiple times already.

This is what happens. Content gets added. Things take priority, and things take longer than other things. You can't just fix bugs overnight. You can't just put aside the entire experience for new players, the one that gets them interested and keeps them in the game, just to tweak a recently-changed system. And this ship and the UI are not the only big points of this update.

But hey, maybe they should never have even started with the player ship. Make a different NPE. Have the Tenno sit on a map till the next century ticks over. Don't even bother making it an interesting and immersive experience, oh no. That's not allowed!

Let me see if I get this correctly.

Acording to your post, you think that a new and flashy UI, an interface that the only thing that does is to get you to certain menus such as buying/modifying/changing/etc you gear and weapons, see the "photos" you have made to the enemies (all this outside missions) or how you see how much health/energy/shield/ammo you have (that in missions) are more important than fixing bugs (such as the inability to shoot or fight at all when an Ash does Bladestorm, to say one example from the very long list), the balancing of weapons/frames, adding more and different types of enemies/game modes or the connectivity issues a lot of players are actually experiencing and that DOES make tons of new players, and also old ones, leave the game?

Please, tell me I have misunderstood. I need to hear (read) that to stop myself calling you names you would deserve otherwise.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot about how the RNG works here, but I don't think that is going to be improved any time soon.

Edited by Hawner