Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Not Hyped For Player Ships?

Drunken_Child

Because none of those are exciting. A Sentinel is better then any damn dog. The current interface is sleek and well designed. Hell, I'd say other games should take notes. If I can Old Yeller other people's dogs via a bug, I'll be doing that.

Ships are just going to be Walking in Stations for Eve all over again. Oh, and they don't involve "Orokin did it!" to explain how they work. Stuff like that annoys me.

So no, I am not excited for this waste of man hours and money.

Edited by Mazrim

It looks cool but if you really want to impress then make it so you can control it like in assassins creed 4. We can fly around in real time go on missions raid other ships and assemble a crew that sings space shanties

Oh what do we do with the drunken spacer?

Certainly in the minority here, but I was expecting my spaceship to actually well... fly. Not just be there as a space hotel room. Not gonna rag on the people that look forward to this feature. Just wish it was something more substantial. I will say though, the hours spent making something like this would have been better of spent on gameplay mechanics (imo). Gameplay needs some serious attention compared to something like a UI update. UI's are important, the one we have now isn't great but it does what it needs to do (for now) the ships, I felt should have been added when they could add cooler features to it something more to it, like a flight feature. However, all we get is a shiny new dojo. Waste of man hours compared to the other problems the game is facing. Drop in the bucket if you ask me, but to each their own.

Edited by TheDoctah

It was an unnecessary change

And as I said and have to obviously repeat myself

You and the rest of the hyped people: "oh cool... What now... Oh yeah let me join a match because basically that's all what it is"

It's a new layout with a bunch of new bugs

" No you don't understand there won't be bugs they revamped it and took care of them"

Suuure they did.

So basically you're just a pessimist? Can't change that.

I will welcome the interface. The current one has too many flaws and it is extremely hard to navigate with a controller. I don't care about Cujo or walking around the ship. The exact same layout is in Dust 514 and it was interesting for about 3 minutes. After that all I want is a single click to get to the menu and solar system.

Those of you that want to fly to different planets should probably re think that. DE will likely make it a 12 or 24 hour trip between planets.

I'm curious. Guardedly so. I'd rather have a fast efficent UI than having to "run around" in game for menu features. The reason this design worked in say a game like Mass Effect is because there were game elements on the ship (like dialogue interaction with crew members/party members). A tenno ship in theory only has a crew of one so far. Maybe if there was some ship to ship combat or larger tenno ship you could create for assualt or bording actions.

You won't necessarily have to run around, part of the new ui is the pause menu that allows you to access and teleport to anything in the ship. Also if you get lonely add a kubrow.

I see all this as a foundation to future updates months or years down the road. it is only change for change sake if you don't have the imagination to see what can come of it in later updates. i don't know what that could be. but the UI is the foundation to any game. 

with the current UI adding anything more to the game that requires UI elements will just look bolted on to the side. 

in short. new UI new possibilities. 

I'm not saying to never change, but change for the sake of change is not good. There are things that have priority (bugs, performance issues...) and this new UI is not important at all. Even less if it's going to fill the most relaxing part of the UI with things that should be in the Arsenal, for example.

Then I am even less hyped. This new UI will most surely bring along tons of new bugs only for the sake of "changing". *Sigh*

FYI, you can quote from other threads like this: Go to the thread the text you want to quote is and quote it, then copy all the text in the Text Box, go to the thread you want to post and paste. I think that should work.

It isn't 'change for the sake of change', it has several purposes. 

1. Immersion.

2. The New player experience.

3. Looking cool.

Have you even watched the livestreams where they explain this? New bugs is no reason to hinder change, there is a reason why this game is still in beta.

I like that they are changing the menu. I never liked the grid we have today, it's always been cumbersome. It's better right now than a year ago, but still not a huge fan. I like the idea of seeing the planet outside your ship, and having something a big different. Player ship, I'm not 'hyped' for, but I welcome the immersion it will add. It's still just UI, but it starts to feel more like your 'place'. And your Dojo is still your main area - the player ship is tiny, it's just to take you to missions and back to the Dojo...just like the ship that has always dropped you off in the videos.

First of all, the new UI brings a streamlined, interesting and more distinctive look. It also brings immersion, and a physical aspect to the UI. It makes just being in the game more lively, and all around gives Warframe a bigger personality. It also simplifies things, and explains to new players what everything means (such as transmute, fusion, the foundry, codex etc.) as the players will get and repair those parts in the ship, thus actually getting them to understand what everything is used for. If you had watched the devstreams explaining this, you would know. Devstream 31 and 32 both explain this.

31: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT6-XBSkaRM 

32: 

I don't know how you cannot see that as an upgrade. And as always, with every update, come bugs and glitches. I don't know why you're being so negative and only focusing on that.

And with the player ship, again comes more immersion. This, along with the beautiful, less confusing new UI will attract more new players who join, and increase the active player base. Obviously this is more important than repairing newly-added systems for veteran players (which they are working on, it's not like they're ignoring these. They address these problems in literally every devstream, and always say they are working on it. In fact, with U14, new fixes to these "veteran problems" will come.)

Ships and Kubrows don't harm the game, so I don't really have a problem with them, but I do wish DE would focus a bit more on gameplay and fix melee. I can't believe they took charge damage out of the game. I haven't seen a galatine in a a game since melee 2.0 came out. My glaive was finally maxed the day before melee 2.0. T.T Compared to previous damage levels, those 2 weapons are now obsolete.

Ships and Kubrows don't harm the game, so I don't really have a problem with them, but I do wish DE would focus a bit more on gameplay and fix melee. I can't believe they took charge damage out of the game. I haven't seen a galatine in a a game since melee 2.0 came out. My glaive was finally maxed the day before melee 2.0. T.T Compared to previous damage levels, those 2 weapons are now obsolete.

I use a Galatine D:

Channeling is more solid than charge attacks...you can't expect them to bring back charge attacks because one weapon is "broken".

I honestly like the star map the way it is, and the layout of the menu the way it is. I have absolutely no desire for the player ships. Wish they'd give us an option on whether or not we have to use them. I don't want to have to build my foundry or walk around in the ship. I like things the way they are, but sadly sometimes people like fixing things that aren't broken. I have a feeling I'm going to hate it. A lot.

I honestly like the star map the way it is, and the layout of the menu the way it is. I have absolutely no desire for the player ships. Wish they'd give us an option on whether or not we have to use them. I don't want to have to build my foundry or walk around in the ship. I like things the way they are, but sadly sometimes people like fixing things that aren't broken. I have a feeling I'm going to hate it. A lot.

Who said its being FIXED? UI is just being re worked, does not necessarily always have to be done cause it doesnt look good, that's your opinion that you hate U14, majority of the people are restless for this.

Oh my god see if you had watched the devstreams, you would know that building your foundry and all that NPE stuff is only for new players. People who have already played the game and used the foundry obviously won't just get that taken away. You can also just access everything from the menu, doing it by walking around is just for looking cool, and for the physical aspect and immersion.

Edited by Jahadaya

Oh my god see if you had watched the devstreams, you would know that building your foundry and all that NPE stuff is only for new players. People who have already played the game and used the foundry obviously won't just get that taken away. You can also just access everything from the menu, doing it by walking around is just for looking cool, and for the physical aspect and immersion.

Thanks for reminding him about not building the foundry, forgot to do it by myself