Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is There A Trick To Survival Missions?

Aramanth

Question

In a survival mission I noticed I don't die from enemies so much as I do from suffocation.  Is there some sort of trick to get enemies to drop modules more often or to make Lotus be less stingy with her life support pods?

25 answers to this question

Pick an easier survival map if you're going for extended survivals, and if you still have problems, grab a few friends (or even strangers, as long as you have more tennos, you will be fine) since enemy count is linked with how many players there are in a mission. Also remember to manage your oxygen supply carefully, don't use the pods until 20 or 30% and in the same room if you can. If all else fails, bring a nekros. Happy surviving.

Its a good question, survivals are pretty messed up.

A map can either provide you with good spawn rate and allot of life support, just like in the next run he doesn't give u neither.

Some maps are obviously broken, like some towers survivals, and even some mars maps, were no matter what it doesnt give enought enemies nor life support.

The best trick I found till today, is too look which tile set is the "party room" , this is, there's always some tile sets or 1 tile set which enemies do spawn better and at good rate.

Another trick is sticking together, cause I've noticed if all team mates or in different rooms, the game will spread out the enemies or not spawn as many, as he tries to place some enemies in the few unopened doors or empty rooms.

Either way I would love to see DE personal reply to this, or even fix this issues.

PS: ppl replaying nekros are soooo smart... it's like they are proud of saying 1 specific mission type is dependent of having that so specific frame, nekros. That is terrible game design.

Edited by 7grims

There is also an element of RNG at play that you just can't avoid.  Some maps have great spawns, some missions have great drops and on occasions you get both at once.  I had a perfect contrast of this last night in two back to back T3 runs with the same PUG.  The first one was ideal in every way, we didn't use a life support until the 45 minute mark.  The second had noticeably fewer drops and we were much more dependent on 30% boosts.

If you aren't getting what you need by way of RNG there's no harm in grabbing the rewards you already have and starting over.

Its a good question, survivals are pretty messed up.

A map can either provide you with good spawn rate and allot of life support, just like in the next run he doesn't give u neither.

Some maps are obviously broken, like some towers survivals, and even some mars maps, were no matter what it doesnt give enought enemies nor life support.

The best trick I found till today, is too look which tile set is the "party room" , this is, there's always some tile sets or 1 tile set which enemies do spawn better and at good rate.

Either way I would love to see DE personal reply to this, or even fix this issues.

Even when you find the good party room, life support will only spawn on the complete opposite side of the map just to spite you. I have learned this from experience.

Silly rabbit, tricks are for kids. Survival takes skill, and that skill is desecrate.

Skill is a trick, just like strategy is, and desecrate inst a solution, it's a dependence that shouldn't be required.

Edited by 7grims

The trick is not to take a nekros.  

Have a team who understand the basics of survival like how spawnpoints enable when players aren't looking at them for 10 seconds and shut off when they do look at them.  Farm spawnpoints early on so you don't need life support pods Lotus sends you until you reach the point where enemies start refusing to die and you have to start using real tactics.  But by then you will have already gone 20-40 minutes, easily achievable in T3-T4 solo.  

Try taking a Loki+Vauban (best buds forever), and a Nova with a Lanka.  You should make it several hours.