Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do Not Have Just One Enemy That Requires A Change In Build, Have Multiple Of Them

Pbrandon1

Ok, after looking through feedback of the forums on the Mutualist Ospreys and Prosecutors, I have understood that players seem to have an issue with the fact it requires you to change your build just to deal with one enemy which is understandable.

Having to change just one part in your build which could hinder your frame greatly just to deal with one enemy can be quite bothersome. Now, just because I say this doesn't mean we shouldn't encourage players to change their builds due to enemies being resistant. How can we do this? Well it is pretty simple really.

What I propose is that enemies in certain planets are only able to use one element and be resistant to that one element.

Considering some of the environments we have, wouldn't it make sense to build your weapons and gear around resisting that?

It could go something like this...have it where Pluto has Corpus and Grineer units have the ability to proc for freeze damage and be able to resist the damage that they output.

Ceres could be a place filled with gas enemies being able to proc you with gas at any chance. They are also resistant to that gas too. 

Saturn being a place where hardened troops are trained and could have enemies that proc blast damage.

Etc.

These will help you change your builds so you can effectively deal with the issue at hand and make warmcoat and other resistant mods useful and finally worthwhile to take up a slot in your build.

Now, we also have to be able to make this change in enemies seem visible so I suggest that we have the enemies use the skins that the Eximus use for their certain ability. It is sad to see those beautiful colors go to just one unit. It should at least be shared and plus lore wise, it would make much more sense since we have Corpus leaders and different clans and all that stuff. You could have different colors for each planet and more.

Example:

Saturn could have units that take on the coloration of the Blitz units and be resistant to blast damage and be able to proc for blast damage and impact. They are hardened troops, so we reflect that hardness with procs that will do that.

Eximus units that say are Arson or Guardian or Blitz, etc. will only spawn on that planet and that planet alone. These units will probably have to receive a different coat of painting or something more to make them more noticeable. For the most part, Eximus will stay the same.(Even though I could go into detail, a man named Renegade already did that and did a pretty good job).

Prosecutors will be must like Eximus where they must be on the planet that matches their element. 

Now, another problem presents itself is that, what about those who don't have resistance mods to what you are spewing. Well, first things first is that to solve that issue, we will have said mods that deal with these issues drop from the enemies on that planet so you can effectively equip yourselves. Damage mods will also be able to drop from these planets.

So Cold Resistant Mods, Fire Resistant mods, etc. can drop from these places only. Now, you will also say, well what about those procs like Blast, Toxic, and more that we don't have mods for. Well, to deal with, you can also have the ability to combine resistant mods like you do already with weapons to become resistant to that certain proc. 

This can also be changed where you just get a mod that will just give you the resistance already.

"WHAT ABOUT THOSE WEAPONS AND FRAMES THAT ARE BUILT AROUND ONE ELEMENT LIKE FROST, EMBER, OGRIS, IGNIS, AND MORE? ARE YOU TRYING TO HINDER PEOPLES CHOICE?! ARE YOU THE DEVIL COME TO LEAD DE ON A PATH OF EVEN MORE UNBALANCE!?!?!?"

Hold on there cowboy, when I say resistance, I don't mean a full reduction. Not everyone can be fully resistant to something. Vaccines have proven to us that even though we are vaccinated, you still can get sick with it, but not as badly as we would have without it. So, it won't be like how prosecutors are where you can even do a single bit of damage without the right mods. You can still do the damage, it's just reduced to an amount that you are making somewhat of an impact but not as much as you wished. So yes, I kinda am but not so much. Other mods or procs like Toxic, Corrosive, and more that aren't listed as resistant will be resisted some but not as much as the proc the unit itself resists.

Much like resistance to things comes drawbacks of course. These enemies will also receive bonus damage if shot or proc'ed with certain elements like Fire, Ice, Shock, And More.

So, if a Fire Unit gets hit with say Ice, they will receive a bonus on that said damage. Blast units will take a bonus damage to radiation and so on and so forth.

What about physical damage mods? These will stay the same for the most part.

Puncture will change to being an effect that can reduce elemental resistance. So, have a problem with not being able to do enough damage with your weapon or frame? Well, slap puncture on and you can finally be able to break through that defense.

"THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN MAN! HOW WILL THEY BE ABLE TO LIVE IN A WORLD OF HARDSHIPS?"

That is simple, just present the tutorial on how it will work as a quest once they finally hit Venus or Earth. Make it a quest where you can skip it but you will miss out on some free resistance mods or damage mods too and there you go.

Certain enemies like the bombards, scorchers, and napalm will go to their respective places and stay there. You will now at least know what you are going up against when you approach the planet.

Now, although I said that enemies should be resistant to one element, we could also make it where enemies could be resistant to several more as planets are added or a new element could be added and change the entire playing field.

Just depends on what the devs wanna do.

Now, my intention isn't just to have this be the core and leave it at that. It can be something to work off of. You can have different units for certain planets or change up existing units to fit the theme of said planet. Like Bombards or Napalms have explosions of Ice have paths be blocked in ice. Scorcher could use the new freeze weapon coming up and so much more.

You could have environments and etc.

All of these will require buffs in some of the resistance mods or working enemies around them.

TL;DR- Make it where you give players more of a reason to equip resistance mods and the such and use base mods by themselves instead of just making one thing that will just annoy players to due the fact on how they work and how they have to use this mod for just this one enemy even though it could have gone to so much better use to deal with other enemies or survive. (I probably worded this badly)

So basically if you decide to do something like this, remember these rules:

-Make it where there is a good advantage to using their weaknesses against them.

-Don't outright make it where you can't effect them at all without the right mods.

-Make it visible.

-Place them in specific locations and make it where it effects more enemies so you aren't just changing mods just to deal with one enemy.

-Use this as a base to work off of.(Gotta have something other then just changing your gear man, gotta have in the field skill)

-Prepare players so they do not get rekted.

Edited by Pbrandon1

It's obvious you've put some thought into it, really. It's always nice to have new ideas.

But, with that said, I just don't like the idea, personally. It makes things rather... needlessly complicated.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

If you've been reading the forums recently, you'll have noticed that there's been a lot of threads about player agency and essential mods. Forcing us to take certain elemental types would be needlessly complex and restrictive. Go check out the threads about prosecutors.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/211408-prosecutors-and-damage-20-not-so-good-design-decision/

If you've been reading the forums recently, you'll have noticed that there's been a lot of threads about player agency and essential mods. Forcing us to take certain elemental types would be needlessly complex and restrictive. Go check out the threads about prosecutors.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/211408-prosecutors-and-damage-20-not-so-good-design-decision/

This idea is not meant to be forceful in anyway, just to shake up builds somewhat and actually bring use to resistance mods and also try to use the base damage of the mod. Most of the builds I see and have are just using two combination of elemental mods, never by itself. I know some do that but it seems way more viable to combine mods then use the base damage of that elemental mod.

Right now, the argument is, is that DE forcing players to equip fours mods and guess what the prosecutor will carry. The argument also is that there are other enemies that they have to deal with and them having to change up their builds for just one enemy to be able to survive or do damage is horrible.

This idea deals with both of the issues while not forcing players to have to commit to using the mods. You still get a good amount of damage from your builds but the reduction is enough to want you to try to take advantage of their weaknesses. 

Edited by Pbrandon1

This idea is not meant to be forceful in anyway, just to shake up builds somewhat and actually bring use to resistance mods. 

Right now, the argument is, is that DE forcing players to equip fours mods and guess what the prosecutor will carry. The argument also is that there are other enemies that they have to deal with and them having to change up their builds for just one enemy to be able to survive or do damage is horrible.

This idea deals with this issue while not forcing players to have to commit to using the mods. You still get a good amount of damage from your builds but the reduction is enough to want you to try to take advantage of their weaknesses. 

There's one thing I'm getting from the idea.

Prosecutors force you to change your build for one enemy. By making you change your build for every other enemy too, this lessens the problem.

Would that be correct? Or am I way off?

There's one thing I'm getting from the idea.

Prosecutors force you to change your build for one enemy. By making you change your build for every other enemy too, this lessens the problem.

Would that be correct? Or am I way off?

You are correct.