Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are You The Whale?

elijahpw

I'm definitely the whale, over a grand into the game already, and buying Prime Access the moment it comes out

You out-whale me, lol. I have bought the full founder pack (obvious by the forum tag, lol), and the Prime Access packs, but I never spend money on just plat itself. I have more plat than I'll ever spend anyway, just from founders/PA packs. This is the first F2P game I've put real money into.

Whale, I suppose - and happy to be able to support a game I like, since nearly the beginning :) Without a few whales, you wouldn't be able to leech ;)

I know right, how dare they play for free in 'free-to-play' game.

I know right, how dare they play for free in 'free-to-play' game.

Nah, I'm not saying that. It was a joke, because some people think it's silly to spend money on a 'free' game. The issue with that of course, is if no one is paying...the game just goes away. Free to play imo, means you are playing essentially a massive demo - the game still needs backers though. I don't begrudge anyone who just plays it for free, this is the first free game I've ever spent more than $20 on, myself.

My philosophy is simple: play free game, see if I like it. Will I spend 40+ hours on it? If yes, I will start helping out the game. I never intended to spend over $40 on this game initially. I feel like I should give *something* to any 'free' game I play, if I stick with it at all, but usually that's $10/$20. I just wanted to support DE on this project. The only other game I'm interested in supporting heavily is Star Citizen.

I had vowed never to drop money on any game using the F2P model. This game, and only this game, changed that. The dev should be commended for their balancing act and lack of greed. They obviously really care about their userbase, which is very rare within the F2P dev community.

No, you only win internets if you know if that's the first, second or third actor to play him :|

Miss that show q.q

That was the first and in my opinion the best. Tim curry also did a good job (second) and I don't recall the third but would have preferred either of the other two over him. Edited by NevanChambers

I was huge fan of the original Unreal Tournament game, so when I found out Steve was making WF, I had little choice. I had to support it.

As for the PR team...some of that "PR team" are people that are also actively working on the game, like DE_Rebecca. I believe she works on hotfixes, if I recall.

Yesterday I bought that one Platinum + 2 Mods thing, which is priced at $99.99.  I don't know what that makes me, though I'd prefer something positive, like if that makes it look like I'm "committed", though it's not like I can spend that much money all the time.

Monk (I think Dale the Whale finally met his just desserts in the end of the Monk book series [the old author's Monk book series, at any rate]). 

Goddamnit. You beat me too it. I agree that is a fantastic show. I need to watch the dvd's again. Goddamnit warframe forums. y u do dis?