Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Player Ship Thoughts

markzhelezoglo

What else should these private ships have? I'm personally thinking that maybe you could steer the ship by your self and there could be grineer and corpus ships in the solar system. You could the attatch your self and raid the while.looting and receiving loot like platids or on some high level ships could appear as alerts and you would get in your ship and fly around space trying to find it and the dock on it and then raid it. Maybe when the update. Comes out with players.joining on Yuri ships you can take them with you. What do you think or is it to much?

I kinda get what you're saying, but that just reminds me of something like Star Citizen or Elite : Dangerous, both revolve around flying ships... mostly.

I think it's too big of a leap for now... but who knows, Warframe is one of those games that never ceases to amaze me.

Maybe Decals or Decorations? Personally I'd love to cover my ship in Grineer logos and lettering, various warnings written in Grineer across the ship and all the stations built from cannibalised Grineer consoles.

Am I the only one who sees the UI being more and more console-fied? The current one was designed mostly for consoles without using mouse clicks whereas the next one is entirely designed for consoles.

I mean watch the vid and see how uncomfortable the mouse looks and handles. The tabs and layout are to the smallest detail optimized for console/controller layouts.

I'm not saying I have no understanding as to why this is happening but nonetheless I don't like it as I'm a pc gamer and enthusiast.

Am I the only one who sees the UI being more and more console-fied?

^

In a word Yes  

and i don't like it either , btw , and it seems like DE is no longer making a game biased around player enjoyment . 

Edited by Ravel7

Not a fan of open world free flight but missions featuring starship battles akin to SWTOR Gallactic Starfighter would be awesome:

Even better - mission where you need to destroy enemy ship or damage it's hull enough to board it (mission converts to standard Tenno-running) for better rewards (ship parts?) - think of Assassin's Creed: Black Flag:

Am I the only one who sees the UI being more and more console-fied? The current one was designed mostly for consoles without using mouse clicks whereas the next one is entirely designed for consoles.

I mean watch the vid and see how uncomfortable the mouse looks and handles. The tabs and layout are to the smallest detail optimized for console/controller layouts.

I'm not saying I have no understanding as to why this is happening but nonetheless I don't like it as I'm a pc gamer and enthusiast.

That's not even remotely close to the topic...

The PWE deal proves it's all about money from here on. I knew it when console was announced but the final nail in the coffin was PWE "investment"

Everybody measure other people by their own yard-stick.

Edited by xGryphus

Everybody measure other people by their own yard-stick.

It's not about that anymore. As I mentioned, I've seen various changes and refrained from speculation or "measuring" but it's getting out of rational proportions how much neglect the PC side is getting with the game slowly heading towards complete consolefication and that's what killed the elder scrolls franchise for the PC series for me.

While some people are okay with PWE for "as long as DE remains in control" others are not okay at all. I'd be fine with if it was an isolated issue, but sadly it's not. So no, when a strong majority is against something collectively, as PWE for example, I doubt they are the ones using their own individual yard-sticks. More like the opposite in fact.

It's not about that anymore. As I mentioned, I've seen various changes and refrained from speculation or "measuring" but it's getting out of rational proportions how much neglect the PC side is getting with the game slowly heading towards complete consolefication and that's what killed the elder scrolls franchise for the PC series for me.

While some people are okay with PWE for "as long as DE remains in control" others are not okay at all. I'd be fine with if it was an isolated issue, but sadly it's not. So no, when a strong majority is against something collectively, as PWE for example, I doubt they are the ones using their own individual yard-sticks. More like the opposite in fact.

I'm not an enthusiast of PWE either but currently any details are confidential and we have no facts to judge our opinion on - not in this case nor in case of how new UI will behave on PC.

Truth to be told, console version is the one that has been neglected - live build 13.9.1.1 vs 13.7, unfriendly interface, delayed events, limited Prime Access options... DE is giving a bit more love to console version because they want it to catch up. As a result, due to limited capabiliteis of controller, consolefication of  UI is unavoidable - it will not make much of a difference to PC players but a colossal one to console players (especially that Warframe is coming to Xbox One).

Futhermore, judging by the reaction of DE_Steve to A Complete Rework Of The Foundation Of Warframe thread, DE would rather wage a war against anybody, including PWE, then allow to violate their child.

/offtopic

Edited by xGryphus

the ships might look nice and shiny, but then people will start complaining because it's not playable content. Just a menu thing.

but rember you can get kurbows in the player ships, and it would make more sence to have ships to get to planets or corpus/grinere ships also, i think it is going to be grait!!!

but rember you can get kurbows in the player ships, and it would make more sence to have ships to get to planets or corpus/grinere ships also, i think it is going to be grait!!!

Your ships wont fly over to the planets, they would be the same as UI that we have. Instead of bars that we have now ( Foundry, Market, Codex etc ) ship sections will contain them.

So it is UI rework and dont expect much.

Your ships wont fly over to the planets, they would be the same as UI that we have. Instead of bars that we have now ( Foundry, Market, Codex etc ) ship sections will contain them.

So it is UI rework and dont expect much.

Have you watched the most recent devstream? It was mentioned that a lot has changed, and that you will be able to see planet you're at from the window + in the missions.

Futhermore, judging by the reaction of DE_Steve to A Complete Rework Of The Foundation Of Warframe thread, DE would rather wage a war against anybody, including PWE, then allow to violate their child.

Then let us hope that DE would risk everything to make Warframe win in the gaming community. 

Have you watched the most recent devstream? It was mentioned that a lot has changed, and that you will be able to see planet you're at from the window + in the missions.

You will be able to see the planets, but in the end you wont be able to fly that thing around like most of the people think.

I was thinking they want to make the UI look more organic or interesting, not just consolifying it. We'll see how it ends up working out, I hated how Skyrim felt on PC, that was just an awful UI overall (and was the first thing I modded). I think if done how I hope, the new UI starmap will simply be more immersive and interesting. I hope, lol.

You will be able to see the planets, but in the end you wont be able to fly that thing around like most of the people think.

People think you will manually fly the ship? lol. As Mr. Doge said, this is UI only. It's to be more appealing/friendly than the current setup. You will see the planet out your window, because it's cool to see the planet you are at...you aren't flying around though. The ship is purely visual, not a game mechanic.

Whos gonna clean up after your kubrow though huh? Atleast if they added catbrows there wouldn't be a need to clean up after a filthy beast.

It's funny, everyone is kinda forgetting that we are getting more than one ship. The Liset/ New ui is the rework of the current ui and the persistent lobby system. From what I've heard and seen on devstreams, we will get another ship that the Liset w will dock to, kinda like a base. I'm pretty sure this will be the home of the Tenno, where you can customize stuff, and your kubrow can run around. More is coming in this update than were expecting.

I don't care much for controlling your ship, because this is not that kind of game. What I would like to see is during the loading screen it would occasionally show the ship moving on its own, from inside the ship, either sneaking behind a ship or going through the atmosphere, or even sneaking into a solarrail to get to another planet. It should switch between cotpit view too and birds eye view for different loading screens. Also for the cotpit view the tenno should get up and get into his or hers cookie cutter pod when they are near the drop point.