Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wow, So This Is The Warframe Community?

Lambsteak

A rare mod just dropped and I was on my way picking it up while asking the other teammates nicely to wait for me, because I didn't pick up the mod yet.
Of course they quit the mission..?
A friend of mine was in the team so I know it was one of the hard-to-get mods "Gnashing Payara"...
Off to a good start, huh? Boy, what a lovely community....

I don't get why you even would be able to force quit the mission. Just let the teammates back if they want to stay?

edit: yeah, apparently now everyone here knows that as a newbie you can't copter-rush every mission and keep up if every elevator door gets slammed in your face

Edited by Lambsteak

Force quit? Didnt you have like whole 1 minute of time to get that mod? What mission where you in anyway?

And should we have to wait 15 mins at extraction because one guy is going to open every container and explore every room? Hell no! If you cannot keep up with the team, too bad. Tho, it wasnt really nice from the guys to extract if you asked them nicely.

A rare mod just dropped and I was on my way picking it up while asking the other teammates nicely to wait for me, because I didn't pick up the mod yet.

Of course they quit the mission..?

A friend of mine was in the team so I know it was one of the hard-to-get mods "Gnashing Payara"...

Off to a good start, huh? Boy, what a lovely community....

I don't get why you even would be able to force quit the mission. Just let the teammates back if they want to stay?

You do know that not every man on the Earth speaks English, right?

Also, 3 players = whole community. Nice generalization there, OP.

Edited by Khranitel

I'm still not sure how they quit the mission before you got it but I would be &!$$ed off too if I missed that mod, one I need as well.

That being said I don't think I've had more than 2 missions with people actively being arseholes and I've been playing for almost 2 years.

edit. Something you're also welcome to get p issed off about though is the arbitrary automatic censorship on the forum :p

Edited by Krjal

Disconnected from a game =/= community's fault. Now actual community will see you as a whiny weakling who wants to be entitled. If you change your forum title now, you can avoid the ridicule you'll face for your exaggerated remarks about the community over something entirely unrelated.

Just giving you a heads up - I won't hold it against you if you get worked up over advice.

You do know that not every man on the Earth speaks English, right?

How can you tell they forcefully quit the mission? Did they say they were going to quit? Maybe they lost connection or the game crashed. Happens quiete a bit.

"Giving the other players the benefit of the doubt" aside- as the game grows more and more popular and as more and more people start playing, more and more types of people are becoming part of "the community," for good and ill. It's probably better to think of "communities," because the core of closed-beta players are quite different from the competitive players, the collectors, the exporers, the whiny teenagers, and the trolls.

That's what the "friends" feature is for, not to mention clans. When you play with like-minded people, invite them to be your friends and play with them more often. Find (or found) a clan with other likeminded players. And then ignore the rest. But if you're playing online in open matchmaking with the rest of the whole world, you can't expect eveyone to be nice. It's unfortunate, but that's just the way life is.

Welcome to the internet. Now go out on the street, when you run back crying - I will listen. Until then - I can assure that WF's community is NOT the worst, by a long shot. Every community has it's own faults, but in this game - both coop and communication is balanced fair enough.

Besides, as people pointed out - what was the trouble? If people hit extraction, you have a minute, after which the only penalty is losing the cash reward, you keep all the mods. If you can't reach the mod within a minute of people getting to extraction... L2P. Learn to move, get some gear to ignore mobs. It's almost like you got the drop at the beginning of the map and had to run all the way back.
There is a good phrase - 7 people don't wait for one, in this case - 3 for one. And just like you could blame them, so they could wipe their rear with you and not give a hug.

Edited by Wrathinside

It all depends IMO. IF you are the just not so fast kind of person, or the -i'll open every container- kind of person. On the second one... No not willing to wait. Irritating for the other maybe, but those people decide on their own not to be part of the group that runs. If the person just has a slow frame or is a new player, I'll even slow down to match speed.

But I'm not waiting for someone who does not even try.

"Giving the other players the benefit of the doubt" aside- as the game grows more and more popular and as more and more people start playing, more and more types of people are becoming part of "the community," for good and ill. It's probably better to think of "communities," because the core of closed-beta players are quite different from the competitive players, the collectors, the exporers, the whiny teenagers, and the trolls.

That's what the "friends" feature is for, not to mention clans. When you play with like-minded people, invite them to be your friends and play with them more often. Find (or found) a clan with other likeminded players. And then ignore the rest. But if you're playing online in open matchmaking with the rest of the whole world, you can't expect eveyone to be nice. It's unfortunate, but that's just the way life is.

thanks for the wise words

Actually, it's hard to tell without more info, but what it sounds like:

If a player's connection is awkward(likely if you're new, there's fun weirdness involved here), and they're apart from the rest of the team, the game can "hiccup", and cause what we've come to know and love as "Host Migration".

Which means they were forcibly disconnected from your mission, and had to finish it by themselves.

Otherwise, it was the extraction countdown--you have a minute, and it *can* be stopped if everyone leaves extraction, but it starts as soon as half the team gets there, and some people will AFK once they've gotten there.

Either way, I don't think anyone intended you ill will.

Oh, also, technical note: You keep the stuff you have when the mission ends, but don't get the rewards. So if you're running against the extraction timer to grab something, it's actually better just to keep running than to stop and tell them to wait.

I assume everyone is nice untill proven otherwise :)

Don't put the entire community in that same bag ok!? 

Who knows what happened!? Game could have just crashed and made everyone jump out of that mission!? U do know that it happens right!?

Not everyone here is or acts like a douchebag.