Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wow, So This Is The Warframe Community?

Lambsteak

thanks for the wise words

So now "you"(and by you I mean the community of people like you) think that closed net is wise? That friendlist and clan is wise? What a wagon...

Need to share keys? Need a Nekros for farm? Need an alert taxi? Sure, contact clan. But if you will go clan-only for every single mission, I'd personally send you right there.

What did that group do to you? Did they steal your item? Ruin your mission? Nothing that can't be helped by you.

Take another coop pve game - *ayday 2. A place where you can't talk to people in chat channel, where communication is limited to rather unnoticeable chat window. Where the mission is ten times harder than hardest stealth\assault mission of Warfarm. Where a person can be kicked at the whim of the host. Where a random guy can enter, hax-ruin your game or just fail your stealth and leave, no repercussions whatsoever.

THAT is a bad community. THAT is where closed net is wise.

To resort to friends in a game about casual farm - is to sink so low you can't see the light.

And should we have to wait 15 mins at extraction because one guy is going to open every container and explore every room? Hell no! If you cannot keep up with the team, too bad. Tho, it wasnt really nice from the guys to extract if you asked them nicely.

His point isn't that fast people should be forced to wait, his point is that slower people shouldn't be forced to leave.  I agree.   As per soon-to-be-canon, every Tenno operative has their own shuttle so there is no reason why you couldn't stay in the mission and hunt up loot if you wanted to.

His point isn't that fast people should be forced to wait, his point is that slower people shouldn't be forced to leave.  I agree.   As per soon-to-be-canon, every Tenno operative has their own shuttle so there is no reason why you couldn't stay in the mission and hunt up loot if you wanted to.

thanks a lot! :)

Play with friends. Playing with random people oftenly results in bad games. You don't have friends ? Try to get some, it's not that hard as long as you're not a jackass. :p

'Try to get some, it's not that hard'. 

Sounds like a walk in the park. 

Edited by Renegade343

You,re bound to run into some people who rushes the hell out of missions, which is kind of sad as they don't pay attention to whom is actually in their team to begin with, especially on the earlier planets. Which, in this case, might include a new(er) player who hasn't yet gotten the grasp of the game yet or prefers to play the mission thoroughly.

As for quality of player attitude, it's an often given advice to run missions preferably with friends or clanmates. Going with PuGs is pretty much forfeiting your expectations for literal decency within your group. Then again, that holds true in any game where you can randomly be matchmade so really, Warframe doesn't really differ there.

But don't worry, at times, you'll be paired up with decent people who are actually out there to help their team more than helping themselves.

Edited by Wiegraf

Play with friends. Playing with random people oftenly results in bad games. You don't have friends ? Try to get some, it's not that hard as long as you're not a jackass. :p

I love to play with random people and meet new players. That's an option that doesn't need to result in a bad experience. You can design a game to prevent such bad behavior , for example as Momaw nicely suggested.

That^. Its true... find and make some friends, join or create a active clan, thats the best way to prevent being teamed up with players that u may dislike in the end.

Very true. 

thats why i run solo all day, every day

Also true. 

So advise to OP, as most people have stated, is play with friends and solo if you want to not get a negative experience. When playing public you risk getting people rush or not consider the whole team. 

Just a risk we all must live with. 

I love to play with random people and meet new players. That's an option that doesn't need to result in a bad experience. You can design a game to prevent such bad behavior , for example as Momaw nicely suggested.

And if his suggestion will be implemented, we will have a situation, in which when host extracts, everybody else will get a nice little host migration, with a perspective of losing everything they earned this mission, if their connection with new host will be impossible to establish. That is not this game issue, but rather player's internet thing.

If you're trying to talk about bad design, try to learn some ropes beforehand. Your posts here shows me that you're too fast to jump to conclusions and a little more selfish and self-entitled than you need to be to feel yourself comfortable in any coop game, not only this one.

Try LoL. Or DotA. Or BF. Or any other popular online game. After that, we'll talk about this community :)

Edited by Khranitel

That suggestion however, does not prevent that bad behavior at all. It just makes it so you do not feel the effects of them leaving. It will only result in people giving even less attention to their team mates because they can extract without them. Then you are just better off running solo.

EDIT: and as Khranitel above me said, host migrations. So have fun with the bad hosts you get after your real host leaves. (if you do not get kicked out because the computer/internet of the new host can not handle it)

Edited by Airwolfen

That suggestion however, does not prevent that bad behavior at all. It just makes it so you do not feel the effects of them leaving. It will only result in people giving even less attention to their team mates because they can extract without them. Then you are just better off running solo.

EDIT: and as Khranitel above me said, host migrations. So have fun with the bad hosts you get after your real host leaves. (if you do not get kicked out because the computer/internet of the new host can not handle it)

They won't give less crap about the other players than they already are.

No it doesn't prevent bad behavior, but you wont have to deal with it if there is any.

And if his suggestion will be implemented, we will have a situation, in which when host extracts, everybody else will get a nice little host migration, with a perspective of losing everything they earned this mission, if their connection with new host will be impossible to establish. That is not this game issue, but rather player's internet thing.

If you're trying to talk about bad design, try to learn some ropes beforehand. Your posts here shows me that you're too fast to jump to conclusions and a little more selfish and self-entitled than you need to be to feel yourself comfortable in any coop game, not only this one.

Try LoL. Or DotA. Or BF. Or any other popular online game. After that, we'll talk about this community :)

As for host migrations and all its disconnections: This is not an issue we should take as granted. If every connection fails, at least you should be able to host yourself.

It's easy to blame a single person for his difficulties in a game. Though once it occurs to a larger amount of people, things stand in a completely different light. I'd be surprised to see that I am the only one having this issue.

It's hard to keep up as a newbie if everyone copter-rushes the hell out of every mission.

sorry, but just learn to do it asap.

it's not hard and you can do it with an unmodded skana. it'll save you a lot of annoyances later on.

and for OP, well, it wont be the last papaya you stumble over, so dont worry too much over spilt milk.

OP, Most of the community is very nice, unfortunately you just got paired with some elitists. I hope for the best Warframe experience for you. 

Just a side note. Joining a small clan or alliance with a microphone helps a lot with the fun-factor. People who care about each other in this game is what keeps me playing.

Good luck Tenno.

-Crimson

What this breaks down to is people looking for speed runs. at witch point i just start going slower and getting all the loot i can. and kill every enemy i can find. 

i do, do speed runs. but with a private group of my clan members. how it should be in my opinion. 

Edited by Srafa

Look friend, this is the internet. You shouldn't expect anything more than entitlement and excessive swearing/namecalling. If you do, you only court disappointment and frustration. Find the people that stand out to you and that you enjoy running with then forget about the rest. But don't judge an entire community on the actions or words of a few. 

Well, I usually go with the group, if they seem new to the game I slow down so they can do their (noob) stuff and close to rez them... A lot. I have no problem with ppl exploring. If they are veterans more than likely they wont see me for the duration of the game. Everyone is on its own. But thats just me...

Edited by (PS4)Aurvid