Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wow, So This Is The Warframe Community?

Lambsteak

Honestly its two part with this situation

1. Getting used to grabbing anything you can reach and is in sight.

2. Just going at your pace and if it seems like the squad is "OMGWTFBBQGOTTAGOFASTERMAGHERD!!!" I would suggest resorting to ^

Now I don't want to be an &#! on this and I really do understand this feeling but really its just the occasional group that does this. Now I can say that if you ever need help on a run let me know and I will gladly help. Just for now take each group as its own small incident and you will see how sometimes its just easier to face palm then get annoyed with everyone. 

Good luck ^^

I would have waited, the one that irks me is when the team all selects continue on a defense mission, then switches at the last second, basically screwing you if you're not the right frame.

Happened to me yesterday, even had a harvester spawn after they left, made it to wave 20 solo as Rhino and just couldn't get to the last few guys fast enough to stop the objective from blowing up.

It can go both way Jordio but the people who are not saying "man up newbie S#&$ happens" Are doing a service at this stage. Yes you have to learn quick but no reason to not enjoy a level for what it looks like and maybe some materials etc. Its a pretty new experience compared to most games so if it was an early mission I can understand why op was annoyed. Still I would set the tone more as some players can be annoying and got to go fast.

A rare mod just dropped and I was on my way picking it up while asking the other teammates nicely to wait for me, because I didn't pick up the mod yet.

Of course they quit the mission..?

A friend of mine was in the team so I know it was one of the hard-to-get mods "Gnashing Payara"...

Off to a good start, huh? Boy, what a lovely community....

I don't get why you even would be able to force quit the mission. Just let the teammates back if they want to stay?

edit: yeah, apparently now everyone here knows that as a newbie you can't copter-rush every mission and keep up if every elevator door gets slammed in your face

Sorry you had a bad experience.

PUGs aren't well known for their patience and consideration in this game.

Neither is the new user experience in general...

Only slightly less well known, is the lack of patience and consideration found in the forums....

I guess you know that now though though, huh?

My best advice is only mission solo or with friends. The game is simply more enjoyable that way.

PUGS are for instances where you need the mission completed badly, quickly, or when you need the extra bodies to increase spawn rate and none of your friends are on.

I wish you the best of luck and experiences in the future!

A rare mod just dropped and I was on my way picking it up while asking the other teammates nicely to wait for me, because I didn't pick up the mod yet.

Of course they quit the mission..?

A friend of mine was in the team so I know it was one of the hard-to-get mods "Gnashing Payara"...

Off to a good start, huh? Boy, what a lovely community....

I don't get why you even would be able to force quit the mission. Just let the teammates back if they want to stay?

edit: yeah, apparently now everyone here knows that as a newbie you can't copter-rush every mission and keep up if every elevator door gets slammed in your face

Might want to reword what you've said OP, including the title.

It's quite unfortunate that you lost out on the rare mod. 

Hope you manage to get it again without RNG crapping all over your day. 

Disconnected from a game =/= community's fault. Now actual community will see you as a whiny weakling who wants to be entitled. If you change your forum title now, you can avoid the ridicule you'll face for your exaggerated remarks about the community over something entirely unrelated.

Just giving you a heads up - I won't hold it against you if you get worked up over advice.

Now now child, now's not the time to throw a temper tantrum just cause you've been given a name you don't deserve. It's fools like you that give US a bad name. In fact, I kind of know why you're named "Vile Death". 

@OP: It's alright. It's a small portion of the community that is like that. If you don't really like the community, you can hmu and I'll run some missions with you :D.

Just going off OP, I can say with definite assurance that it used to be player courtesy to use default "G" to waypoint dropped mods and resources for fellow players to grab.  This is how things were back in closed beta.

And why I don't play nearly as often now.

You missed a mod, and it may or may not be because of other players. Cry me a river.

I mean really... If you get so worked up over a misshap on this game, you really should make sure you NEVER play any PvP related game. I think you might die of a stroke. Community here's as passive as the internet can allow.

Edited by Eruend

The main reason this happens alot for new players is because of the copter exploit, and I will keep calling it an exploit. It's not some stupid, worthless "Identity" as DE calls it. Worst possible answer I've ever heard them say.

With all the talk about New Player Experience, the one thing that needs to go is the coptering. Many players only use melee for the purpose that it was never/shouldn't be intended for, instead of using it for melee, go look at that thread asking about giving the Venka a copter, otherwise that player won't use it. That specific thread is what melee weapons and coptering have now come down to at this point: "If it doesn't copter, I won't use it."

---

I never get into a game with players using in-game voice chat so our communication is done with waypoints, so if a rare mod drops, the player who spotted it first will always set a waypoint which will happen regardless of which uncommon/rare mod it is as well as setting waypoints on Oberon drops.

Edited by __Kanade__