Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[New Warframe Concept] Umbra [Art Included] Updated: New Abilities

VexPrime

Umbra is night/darkness themed warframe.

I made a concept of a male ninja-like warframe long ago and now I restyled it.

Here's the original concept

aaa.jpg

Now I decided to make him female, and changed his powers.

Here's my first restyled concept

New_Canvas.jpg

Then, I added few colors and changed ultimate's name
umbra2.jpg

And in the end I added line work. You can choose concept that you like most
umbra3.jpg

So here's something like codex entry:
Umbra - the predator that hides in the dark. She uses shadows as her weapon. Now, her powers were unleashed. Can you handle this, tenno?

UPDATE: New pictures. Color variants and Umbra's back armor.

Original colors

umbra_Col_Org.jpg

Random colors

umbra_Col_RAND1.jpg

Smoke colors + red

umbra_Colstalker.jpg

UPDATE #2: New art. Kinda manga style
Umbrakills.jpg

UPDATE: another art. It's a short comic this time.
UMBRATRIBUTE.jpg

Future plans: !!!MORE ART!!!, reworking her abilities, cause current seem to not be liked by anyone.
lotusdoge.jpg

UPDATE: Abilities

umbraabil1.jpg Grip Dash. Single target ability. Umbra grips an enemy with energy/shadow arm, throws it in air and then dash to it dealing damage. This skill is affected by damage and range mods. Energy cost:25

umbraabil3.jpg Cloack of shadows. If friend is targeted Umbra makes him invisible. If nothing targeted Umbra becomes invisible. Affected by range and duration mods. energy cost: 50

umbraabil2.jpg Dark path. Umbra creates a dark portal. If used again two portal becoming linked. Portals stay 15 seconds at rank 3 mod. Affected by duration and range mods. Energy cost 30 per portal

umbraabil4.jpg Eternal night. Umbra turns into giant black hole that protracts all enemies is radius dealing masive damage over time. Affected by duration, range and damage mods. Energy cost: 100

Edited by MG_Vex

Since Darkness is just another invisibility (aside from the property of being toggleable - which does seem op by the way) , 

why not make it an aura power (at a higher power cost - whether toggleable or not) which ''covers'' nearby allies as well in order to give her better team utility?

Aside from that, like the concept. 

*EDIT* - I would also prefer the Black Hole power if she cast it like a projectile, kinda like Ninja Gaiden 3's ''Art of the Piercing Void" Ninpo. 

My two cents.

Edited by TennoSimons

That's pretty cool, i'd like to see it in the game, though i already made a warframe concept which is called Umbra, she's a female alternate of Ash just like Excalibur and Nyx and the first two powers you made are the exacte same that i have in my concept.

Edited by EliteRider

That's pretty cool, i'd like to see it in the game, though i already made a warframe concept which is called Umbra, she's a female alternate of Ash just like Excalibur and Nyx and the first two powers you made are the exacte same that i have in my concept.

Oh... That's akward, cause didn't seen yours concept ever. And as I said, i did this concept long ago and now I'm just reworking it.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...