Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Nyx Build

(PSN)thegothicwitch

Question

4 answers to this question

Don't like that build much at all to be honest.

+Mind Control, -Psych Bolts

I don't like MC that much since everyone else kills the target but it has its corner case uses (Vor, Healing Ancients)

+Maxed Fleeting, +Arcane Vespa, -Streamline, -Flow

The helmet and FE give you 75% efficiency so streamline isn't needed nor is a larger energy pool given how cheap she casts everything.  Frees up two mod slots.

+Overextended, keep Stretch, -Intensify

Range is good and power strength doesn't matter.

If you care about duration then you can add Continuity or keep Constitution.  This is mostly personal preference and if you're more focused on chaos or absorb.  I happily run neither.

That is what I consider the core mods on Nyx.  From there you have a couple of slots for random stuff.  I like Enemy Sense quite a bit to track how many and how close the mobs are to the absorb bubble, if more are coming and so on.

For the aura corrosive projection is better than siphon (assuming void towers).  Seriously a max efficiency Nyx never has energy problems and as last resort have some restores in your gear that you use while in the absorb bubble. 

Don't like that build much at all to be honest.

+Mind Control, -Psych Bolts

I don't like MC that much since everyone else kills the target but it has its corner case uses (Vor, Healing Ancients)

+Maxed Fleeting, +Arcane Vespa, -Streamline, -Flow

The helmet and FE give you 75% efficiency so streamline isn't needed nor is a larger energy pool given how cheap she casts everything.  Frees up two mod slots.

+Overextended, keep Stretch, -Intensify

Range is good and power strength doesn't matter.

If you care about duration then you can add Continuity or keep Constitution.  This is mostly personal preference and if you're more focused on chaos or absorb.  I happily run neither.

That is what I consider the core mods on Nyx.  From there you have a couple of slots for random stuff.  I like Enemy Sense quite a bit to track how many and how close the mobs are to the absorb bubble, if more are coming and so on.

For the aura corrosive projection is better than siphon (assuming void towers).  Seriously a max efficiency Nyx never has energy problems and as last resort have some restores in your gear that you use while in the absorb bubble. 

I'm just going to agree with most of this post, however, if you're doing a perma-absorb build for defense missions, I would recommend keeping flow, and maybe siphon. I view siphon, at least in the context of perma-absorb nyx, as adding efficiency. That's because with a max efficiency build, you're using 2 en per second about, and en siphon will remove .6 of that. this is the build i use:

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Nyx/t_30_12001430013_1-5-10-4-7-5-7-2-5-8-10-5-13-6-3-14-1-5-46-3-5-55-8-5-96-9-3-98-0-3-99-4-3_98-5-14-5-7-9-46-11-99-7-1-7-13-7-4-9-55-11-96-2-8-14_42/en/1-0-14/11428/0

That's the build I use for def, also if you have a mod you really like, there's no reason not to remove cont or const, many actually like a chaos with a shorter duration.

In my opinion, you definitely want to use an overextended though. Also, if you're running missions other than def, I would agree with the above post that flow and siphon aren't necessary.

I'm just going to agree with most of this post, however, if you're doing a perma-absorb build for defense missions, I would recommend keeping flow, and maybe siphon. I view siphon, at least in the context of perma-absorb nyx, as adding efficiency. That's because with a max efficiency build, you're using 2 en per second about, and en siphon will remove .6 of that. this is the build i use

I probably understated the fact I compensate for the switch from ES to CP with energy restores too much.  A medium is 200 energy or 100 continuous seconds of absorb.  With a 10 pack I can stay in the bubble for almost 17 minutes :-)

You simply can't achieve the same effect as 30% less amour in a similar fashion.