The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making Tanks Sturdier

FatRefrigerator

This idea is pretty much the same thing I suggested for Rhino in passive ability thread https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/31712-passive-abilities-possible/#entry288146 although I didn't go in so much detail just calling in generaly knockback resistance. I agree that Rhino needs some loving to stay vailable pick as a tank. Frost has the same stats at 30 but better skills (IMHO). 

• 1 month later...

I'm starting to think that Armor, as a value, should modify knockback likeliness.

Finally someone is making sense! The animations kill my rhino. Oh and the nerf to iron skin almost brought me to tears. Especially since I never got to fully experience his non-damage capped ability.

Just added this idea to the main post:

This is the other option:

Have an armor value above a certain number (let's say 100) give you a percentage of a chance to resist being knocked down/staggered. Each armor point above 100 would give you a (let's say 0.5%) chance of resisting. When a knockdown is resisted, the frame will do the cool slide thing WHICH I REALLY HOPE THEY ADD BECAUSE ITS EXTREMELY COOL, I MEAN COME ON, WE CAN WALL RUN, WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO HAVE THIS TOO. When a stagger is resisted, nothing will happen to the frame.

This option seems to be held as better due to it giving all frames (except the super light frames) a chance at having knockdown resistance.

Rather than base it off of armor, they could give each frame a weight stat.  Rhino's description says he is the heaviest warframe.  It would then be like Smash Bros.  Heavier units take more to knock around.

Rather than base it off of armor, they could give each frame a weight stat.  Rhino's description says he is the heaviest warframe.  It would then be like Smash Bros.  Heavier units take more to knock around.

I thought about that. But then light frames would forum rage that they get knocked down too much

Agreed, Saryn (Being classed with the tanks) should be able to dig in her heels to slide instead of being knocked over. There you go, everyone complaining about high heels in a combat situation, they have a use ^^