Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Think Primes Should Have More Purpose?

Quackerz

Solution:  Make the regular frames a component of the prime frames.

Sadly not implemented yet by DE for whatever reason (I remember technical issues with the foundry being cited, although I could be wrong).

OT: Primes should be cosmetic only. A few extra polarities are nice, but nothing beyond that - otherwise, again, the base warframes would be completely overlooked if you had the ability to jump to the Primed version.

Sure, lets just make this game a pay to win mess where the only frames worth playing are either bought or farmed from the void for 50 hours.

New frame comes out? Who cares, build it for mastery and throw it away until it's prime version comes out.

Your favorite frame won't be primed for another year? Oh well, guess you're playing Rhino or Loki for the time being, sucks to be you.

Edited by RancidTurnip1603

*IF* every prime for every warframe was already out, I would be okay with the idea. As that is not the case, I wouldn't want to give "Loki" an unfair advantage over every other 'frame just because development was finished on him before Valkyr, or Nyx, or whoever. 

Status symbol, but in that regard I'm on the fence about them having better stats.  I spent quite a while farming my rhino blueprints and not long after I do I find someone selling the whole Rhino Prime set very cheap and I snatch it up.  Now my Rhino's worthless once my Rhino Prime is made because Rhino Prime has better speed and is covered in Bling Armor when he presses 2.  I personally think all frames should have a purpose other than to be outdated by a Prime frame, but at the same time a prime frame should stand out and be more significant than a skin change.

Agreed. Primes should be the Master Race. Primes should be more then just a minor stat upgrade. Would be nice to see primes having an attribute of some kind to accommodate its updated form. Ember is more fire resistant, Frost is more ice resistant, Loki has more hp, mag has more energy, rhino has more armor and Excalibur has more damage.

Just an idea :/

Agreed. Primes should be the Master Race. Primes should be more then just a minor stat upgrade. Would be nice to see primes having an attribute of some kind to accommodate its updated form. Ember is more fire resistant, Frost is more ice resistant, Loki has more hp, mag has more energy, rhino has more armor and Excalibur has more damage.

Just an idea :/

Congratulations, non-prime versions are now rendered useless and in order to get the best you have to farm for hours on end or buy it, and in some cases, you'll be using a frame you don't like the look of, just because not doing so is bad.

Logically, they should make Primes just for the Veteran Warframe Excalibur, Frost and Loki. To me they 3 are like the first gen of Warframe, and are like the kings or leader, and that's why they have prime versions. DE shouldn't make Mag P, , Ember P, Rhino P. Just limit to 3 prime is enough and continue to make new warframes, not making new prime.

I mean, this Warframe community must have a Master race or Father like Warframe, then you feel more attached, like families or blood brothers. 

From what I understand Excalibur, Frost and Loki are like 3 big brothers. Most of the post above seuggest some very cool ideas like quest, orokin tomb and all. They deserve to be heard by DE.

that is a very illogical assessment of what constitutes an original frame.

Other than some small buffs (warframes) and looking rather fancy primes aren't really very special but how about if we had a certain level type where only primes could access like 'Orokin Tomb' or something where you could only bring prime gear, this could be some more end game content which feels fairly lacking at the moment. Ofcourse there are some issues with the idea as primes are very cheap on trading and some people just dont like the idea of primes in general. Lore wise the reasoning could be that some form of orokin technology doesnt allow foreign objects into the tomb as a protection measure or something similar. Do you think they should play a part in the missions available or just stay as mostly a status symbol?

They already serve their purpose: swag, swag, and oh yes, more swag. 

But jokes aside, it saves you a Forma so that you can fit that one extra mod you wanted. 

So Primed Warframes aren't allowed to be better than Normal Warframes but Primed Weapons are allowed to be better than the regular weapons?

Primed Warframes should be better than the normal warframes. This game isn't even hard enough to require a prime warframe just to clear a mission.

Primed Warframes are already better than their originals. It's just that the originals and the Primed Warframes are built a similar way. IF Primed Warframes were given a buff to power strength or power efficiency, you won't be seeing any Nyx's, or Ash's or Saryn's (I mean hell, look at the rant on Rhino Prime's sprint speed buff). It's already bad enough using Boltor Prime/Paris Prime as a STANDARD in T4. 

Edited by ikillyou8196

The thing I suggest is have Primes have stronger abilities but longer cast times and different animations to make up for those longer cast time and rename.

Frost Prime:

(I'm gonna name it Charged for a place holder)

Charged Freeze Shot- Frost charges up a frigid energy blast that can blast through enemies while freezing them.(It would be much like how Frost charges up his Freeze in that one trailer)

Ground Glacier- Frost slams both hands into the ground, then launches up Giant Ice Glaciers up from the ground, dealing massive damage.(The cast time will be long and they will come up every second) 

Igloo- Frost freezes the moisture and vapor in the air until it is frozen solid to create a frozen fortress that can only be entered through one way. Anyway damage hitting the Igloo will be absorbed and not reduce it.(Longer Cast Time to make up for the fortress of solitude)

Sub-Zero- Frost brings the temperature around him to Sub-Zero temperatures, causing enemies to instantly freeze and shatter in a radius.

That's all I can think up.

Or you could just have them cast their animation for their abilities differently. Masters of their frames would probably summon their abilities much differently then the regulars. 

Defintily just a "Status Symbol". If they weren't people who don't want to farm for primes would miss content. Right now everything is avaible for everyone and that is good this way.

It still is awaliable to all players, theres this thing called "the trading channel"

I think that Prime Warframes should be better than there regular counter part. The one extra polarity slot, that is worse than a FORMA because you can't chose the polarity isn't that big of deal. I like how Rhino Prime, Loki Prime and Excalibur Prime all have a little buff but those buffs should be even higher.

Rhino Prime should have an even higher Dimond Skin (Not GOD)

Loki Prime should have a higher base Shield/Health rating

Mag Prime's Shield Polarize should restore 100% of friendly shields

Ember Prime should have an automatic 50% Damage resistance to fire damage

Frost Prime's shields should not be affected by cold missions

Excalibur Prime should have a health restore feature like Rejuvenation (not that many plays have him anyways)

If new Prime Mods would have to be made for Rhino Prime and Mag Prime than so be it.

That is the point. You get Ember, use her, enjoy her and then get a better version. Why have 2 same Embers, with a little gold being the only difference?

You don't. If you don't feel like alternating between the two, you simply pick the one that you prefer.

Here's the thing: with Primes being direct upgrades, you don't get to pick. The choice is already made for you by raw numbers.

Don't agree with the choice that the game picked for you? Too bad, enjoy your crappy stats.

Primes should be meaningful, but they should not be direct upgrades. If base stat alterations must be had, then they should still be an overall sidegrade to their counterparts while having slightly different roles (e.g. +Speed -Shields on RhinoP, to shift his role from Tank to "All-around").

Edited by SortaRandom

Pretty much what everyone in this thread has already said. If prime frames had any significant advantage, they would render non-prime frames useless. Prime weapons are exempt from this because some of them are just as bad as market weapons, and a lot of market weapons are really good.

I like the idea of the primes doing more in the void, not just the current energy@trap ability.
an sectioned off area FOR the primes would be awesome and makes more sense for me to farm or buy a prime.

Side-grades and polarization only, imo. The small upgrades rhino prime and Loki prime (or not so small for Loki) are already too much in the way of power creep. They are already pushing it to incentivize prime buy-ins, let's not let it get out of hand.

Besides, lore-wise it's bad as well. The Tenno reverse engineered the Primes, but the Warframes themselves are meant to enhance and amplify the Tenno's innate abilities, as well as protect the Tenno inside, not make Tenno out of normal humans, so a slight stat-buff is all that we should see, as Mods, affinity level, and gear make up most of your late game power. There are also some Tenno weapons that are on par with Prime weapons, the fact is that the actual game play progression has taken the driver's seat in this regard and we see prime weapons filling in slots for late/end game gear, and therefore have a large stat disparity vs. their relatively earlier game counterparts.

Primes with their Void advantages are fine as is... not game breaking, just helpful. And the moment you make them mandatory for anything the cries of unfairness and that you are punishing ppl who don't have them will flood the forums.

Not worth the hassle to make the cream of the crop equipment any better

/wonders how many thousands of players still don't know that Primes even have advantages in the Void

Edited by Kartumterek

No, because I don't want this game to become pay to win. I'm even on the fence with the upgrade we got from Loki Prime vs non-primed version.

I don't think you have any idea what pay to win actually means.

Considering every one in a team gets exactly the same awards from exiting a mission - even if dead may I add - on top of the fact that there is no leaderboards that mean anything, no pvp that means anything, etc etc, I fail to see why you would complain even if Loki Super Prime came out and it had stats 5 times as high as anyone else, considering that actually having someone with it on my team would be rather rare, and when it happened, he would actually HELP ME in getting loot.

"Oh noes a Loki Super Prime !!! Look at all the loot I now have to run around and pick up from all the dead bodies !!!"

And for you're next question I can see thinking right now - they are called "Private Games"

Nope. Aesthetic only.

I don't want to have to be forced to grind for a prime because it is substantially better than my original frame.

You are not forced to grind anything. In fact, the better the Prime is, the least I would be likely to use in everyday games.

I buy a black market, computer assisted compound bow that always gets bullseyes up to 50m.

* Would I use it in a 50m competition for $10K price money, if I was allowed to? Hell yea.

* Would I go to my local archery range with my mates and use it?  I would not, as I would not get any enjoyment out of it.

Since this game has no competitive PvP, any idea of "you have something better then I can get, and that's not fair or balanced." is just in your head.

Edited by DSpite

I don't think you have any idea what pay to win actually means.

Considering every one in a team gets exactly the same awards from exiting a mission - even if dead may I add - on top of the fact that there is no leaderboards that mean anything, no pvp that means anything, etc etc, I fail to see why you would complain even if Loki Super Prime came out and it had stats 5 times as high as anyone else, considering that actually having someone with it on my team would be rather rare, and when it happened, he would actually HELP ME in getting loot.

"Oh noes a Loki Super Prime !!! Look at all the loot I now have to run around and pick up from all the dead bodies !!!"

And for you're next question I can see thinking right now - they are called "Private Games"

I do not think you know what it means either.

Pay-to-win : Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying.

Warframe could be considered pay-to-win already, now that Primes, mods are monetized. However, as prime weapons aren't necessarily the best, it's just a pay of convenience at this moment. That is fine the way it is, but the line is thin and could be easily crossed.

They also had the right idea to limit certain weapons with mastery level.

Also it is fallacious thinking to associate competitive PVP with a pay-to-win system. They are both entirely different concepts that are not mutually inclusive.

If you make the Prime Warframes better than their normal counterparts, you clearly are making this game Pay-to-win. The incentive for DE to make us spend platinums so we can be better will just increase.

Just look at what they did with the helmets. People will pay good platinum for certain arcane helmets now.

Finally, I have no idea what you are babbling about with your last sentence. One has nothing to do with the other. Stay on topic.