Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Skana Prime?

GunBladeSlash

First off, "real world laws"? Last time I checked there were no "real world laws" relating to exclusive items in video games. If you can find one it'd be news to me. 

Second, that post from drew says that it may not extend to duals, but then he says right after that that it would be a sneaky thing to do.

Do you get this crazy when you see someone with a preorder camo in CoD?

The founders agreement was basically a contract. Thus if a founder weapon was re released DE would have breached that contract and would be liable for false advertising. The laws of the real world do apply to this. However people keep claiming that it is part of the founders package because it will look similar to 2 skana primes. That is where the laws come in due to the fact that they are not considered the same item as people are trying to make it. DE are under no obligation to keep any variant of an exclusive item away from anyone.

Ive already said before that yes it would hurt the feelings and trust of the founders however my argument was for those who love to claim that its the same thing as a founders weapon. Such as my example of a serrated blade skana prime named skuna prime. Its a different weapon that varies from the skana prime slightly and shares its likeness. But is seen as a separate non exclusive weapon that is not a part of the founders package. (as its not EXACTLY the same, if it is then people can call BS and complain with a solid foundation) As there are many things that look similar but considered different items due to slight changes in visual/material/design/functionality nature. (a example would be in the fashion industry with clothing that looks similar/identical and is made by different companies. Such as something being an imitation of a designer item)

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/242356-june-6th-community-hot-topics/

[DE]Drew, on 06 Jun 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

"A significant number of threads have been popping up over the past week about exclusives in Warframe. For the sake of clarity:

We have no active plans to re-release any of the exclusive founders gear."

AntoineFlemming, on 10 Jun 2014 - 12:16 PM, said:

"A simple answer on just how far this exclusivity extends determines whether it's even possible to have dual variants of the lato prime and skana prime as an option."

[DE]Drew, on 10 Jun 2014 - 12:46 PM, said:

"Exclusivity does not necessarily extend to variants, but I realise (and players have told me) that those variants could/would feel like a sneaky way to get around exclusivity."

It's not gonna happen man, DE said a million times, you have no idea how many topics like this i've seen, the answer is always the same.

All that proves is that they have no current plans to do it and that its does not exactly extend to variants. Which means they can have future plans to do it hence the part "no active plans" And even so that part says founders gear while the 2nd one confirms that the exclusivity is not necessarily extended to variants. Meaning exclusivity  can or can not be applied however if they want to apply it they have to say so. Which they have not as it was said it does not necessarily apply which is an on the fence in between the 2 sides answer. They already have dual versions drafted up based on the teaser vids. So whats to say they will never do it? It looks like they are considering it but the idea is on the back burner and not being a part of the plan process for the time being. (as they have u14 to work on and all that entails) It can go either way at this point which is why there was a debate on it

Edited by dragonkingdx

The founders agreement was basically a contract. Thus if a founder weapon was re released DE would have breached that contract and would be liable for false advertising. The laws of the real world do apply to this. However people keep claiming that it is part of the founders package because it will look similar to 2 skana primes. That is where the laws come in due to the fact that they are not considered the same item as people are trying to make it. DE are under no obligation to keep any variant of an exclusive item away from anyone.

Ive already said before that yes it would hurt the feelings and trust of the founders however my argument was for those who love to claim that its the same thing as a founders weapon. Such as my example of a serrated blade skana prime named skuna prime. Its a different weapon that varies from the skana prime slightly and shares its likeness. But is seen as a separate non exclusive weapon that is not a part of the founders package. (as its not EXACTLY the same, if it is then people can call BS and complain with a solid foundation) As there are many things that look similar but considered different items due to slight changes in visual/material/design/functionality nature. (a example would be in the fashion industry with clothing that looks similar/identical and is made by different companies. Such as something being an imitation of a designer item)

Releasing an item with a minor cosmetic difference and a single letter changed is pretty much the same thing as a little kid putting his hand really close to your face and saying "I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you!" It's dumb, and honestly I would be extremely surprised (not in a good way) if DE did something like that.

Sir... if you dont know how to use Excal by now...

I'll put it to you like this, man. 

When I paid into the founders program, Volt was my go-to frame. I leveled xcal to 15, got bored, shelved the game. 

Came back, Got an Oberon, used that as my main for a while, Leveled xcal to... maybe 25? Got bored, shelved the game. 

came back again, got a rhino prime, used that as my main, finished leveling out the xcal. 

I've never run it aside to level it, mostly because there's almost always something better for the job. 

You know it is highly amusing to read. So some people say that "We have no active plans to re-release any of the exclusive founders gear." means they will never do it?

Hm, English is not my first language, but then explain me how would this statement change if they plan to re-release it eventually, but currently have no active plans to do so? Keep in mind that Drew relays info, not makes decisions. And that by playing the game you agreed that any item you buy is subject to any kind of change, rename or remodeling.

You know it is highly amusing to read. So some people say that "We have no active plans to re-release any of the exclusive founders gear." means they will never do it?

Hm, English is not my first language, but then explain me how would this statement change if they plan to re-release it eventually, but currently have no active plans to do so? Keep in mind that Drew relays info, not makes decisions. And that by playing the game you agreed that any item you buy is subject to any kind of change, rename or remodeling.

They've used more definitive language than that other times they've talked about it.  This isn't the first time I've had to explain this to you either :|

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/247763-excalibur-proto-armor-question/?view=findpost&p=2877525

Founders items are a no go.  The only reason dual variants are worth discussing is because they aren't exclusives.

Edited by Aggh

They've used more definitive language than that other times they've talked about it.  This isn't the first time I've had to explain this to you either :|

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/247763-excalibur-proto-armor-question/?view=findpost&p=2877525

Founders items are a no go.  The only reason dual variants are worth discussing is because they aren't exclusives.

Of course, saying that implies it'd be a discussion and not just two groups screaming at each other, both yelling muh exclusives. 

Of course, saying that implies it'd be a discussion and not just two groups screaming at each other, both yelling muh exclusives. 

We got to that part about halfway through the last thread when a thread was merged. So far this thread has not reached that part yet. Now sit back and eat your popcorn.

before everyone types up a storm saying"No founders only!" the normal skana prime is a founder only exclusive item but do you guys think a dual variant would be available to every one since dual skanas were not part of the founders package? i repeat DUAL skana primes should they become a thing?

Yes, the Dual Skana prime should be available to everyone... But it should require two Skana Primes to build. Good luck getting those as they'll remain exclusive.

Profit numbs the feeling :|

Also, founders really overestimate how much of a presence they have in the overall community now.

As has been said many times before, that is not how the game treats dual variants.  They are crafted/bought separately, they require a separate weapon slot, they need another potato, they have to be leveled separately, they provide separate mastery, they have to be forma'd separately, they have different stats, different animations etc. etc.

Saying that they aren't a different weapon is merely ignoring how the game and DE has treated them for the game's entire existence.

Most Dual weapons (that I'm aware of) are crafted from two single variants.

please look deeper in this thread this was answered the normal dual skanas dont require 2 seperate skanas so why would the prime version need to separate prime skana and the dual kama is the only dual melee wep that needs 2 of the orginal ones  

please look deeper in this thread this was answered the normal dual skanas dont require 2 seperate skanas so why would the prime version need to separate prime skana and the dual kama is the only dual melee wep that needs 2 of the orginal ones  

Then what, pray tell, would the crafting recipe for the dual skana prime be?

Edited by Ionus

Then let's just make it the second melee weapon to ever require its singular version to craft.  No rules in place saying that can't be done.

Actually it's 13 vs 10 in favor of weapons that don't have a weapon in their crafting cost.  Next time try and do a bit of research before making wild unsupported claims.  And as far as melee weapons go there is only one dual melee weapon (the dual kama) that has a weapon in its crafting cost.  The only other melee weapon in the game that has a weapon in the crafting cost is the dragon nikana.

Then what, pray tell, would the crafting recipe for the dual skana prime be?

Handles and blades just like the fang prime.  Duh?

Edited by Aggh

all i ask for is a logical reason why can we not have dual skanas besides founders will get mad why would they when their precious single skana prime will still be exclusive

Skana is pretty useless, Dual Skana is an upgrade from the Skana, but still useless.

Skana Prime is useless, Dual Skana Prime is an upgrade, but still useless, yet you want it to  be publically available to everyone while the Founders are stuck with the more useless 'exclusive' Skana Prime.

Like everyother person who has replied directly to you even with reasoning behind it and DE also stating that founders items will not be returning, yet your still asking for the 'logic' behind it.

If you wanted the Skana Prime, then you should've been here when the different levels of Founders Packages were still around.

-scratches head-

I think this would all be over if one of the DE-peeps makes it clear whether they are thinking of well.. doing something that involves dual skana prime  or if they aren't going to touch it at all and the reason why. 

Skana is pretty useless, Dual Skana is an upgrade from the Skana, but still useless.

Skana Prime is useless, Dual Skana Prime is an upgrade, but still useless, yet you want it to  be publically available to everyone while the Founders are stuck with the more useless 'exclusive' Skana Prime.

Like everyother person who has replied directly to you even with reasoning behind it and DE also stating that founders items will not be returning, yet your still asking for the 'logic' behind it.

If you wanted the Skana Prime, then you should've been here when the different levels of Founders Packages were still around.

Dual skana prime != skana prime.

I'll refer you to the founders program faq 

http://web.archive.org/web/20130509142314/https://warframe.com/faq

Here is the section on the founder's exclusives:

What is an “Exclusive Founders Set”?

The Exclusive Founders Set is available for a limited time only and equips the user with the Excalibur Prime Warframe, and/or the Skana Prime Sword, and/or the Lato Prime Pistol. This special set is exclusively for Warframe Founders and available for a limited time only!

Note how they went out of their way to specifically state which weapons are founders' exclusives.  Founders paid for specific items and they received them.  There is nothing stating that exclusivity extends to dual variants.

Edited by Aggh

again i dont want skana prime i want a dual skana prime and that is not a founders wep again no valid logic behind your comment. DE never confirmed that dual version are not coming

again i dont want skana prime i want a dual skana prime and that is not a founders wep again no valid logic behind your comment. DE never confirmed that dual version are not coming

If you don't understand why this is a bad idea then...just...I don't know

If you don't understand why this is a bad idea then...just...I don't know

Every reason you've presented has been thoroughly refuted other than the fact that it would make some founders mad.  That's an undeniable truth, but what bearing it should have on the release of new content is very questionable.

Edited by Aggh