Every reason you've presented has been thoroughly refuted other than the fact that it would make some founders mad.  That's an undeniable truth, but what bearing it should have on the release of new content is a lot more questionable.

Making founders mad is a perfectly viable reason. They paid money, just let them have their skana prime. Is one weapon really that big of a deal?

Making founders mad is a perfectly viable reason. They paid money, just let them have their skana prime. Is one weapon really that big of a deal?

Unfounded user discontent is never a good reason for not releasing content.  Piles of changes to this game would have been reverted or never happened if DE caved to players every time they threw a temper tantrum.

And again, we're not talking about skana prime.

Edited by Aggh

Every reason you've presented has been thoroughly refuted other than the fact that it would make some founders mad.  That's an undeniable truth, but what bearing it should have on the release of new content is very questionable.

Yes all well and good. Possibly even true. Gues what though? Not. Gonna. Happen. Try a campaign for a dual dakra prime or an aklex prime that is far more likely  to happen and has the likelihood of not angering anyone.

Edited by Nkomo-Sama

Unfounded user discontent is never a good reason for not releasing content.  Piles of changes to this game would have been reverted or never happened if DE caved to players every time they threw a temper tantrum.

And again, we're not talking about skana prime.

Skana prime isn't viable as a weapon, and dual skana primes would be barely viable. The only reason people want it is for the prestige associated with it, so releasing it as a free-to-obtain weapon would be pointless. Not to mention, the difference between skana prime and dual skana prime is negligible.

I can't really see one weapon having any sort of meaningful impact on this game, so the whole "change it even though people protest" argument is unfounded.

If they release it, cool. I'll probably get one. It's just not gonna happen though sadly. 

please look deeper in this thread this was answered the normal dual skanas dont require 2 seperate skanas so why would the prime version need to separate prime skana and the dual kama is the only dual melee wep that needs 2 of the orginal ones  

The Dual Skana is also purchasable for less plat than its single form, not everything has to be kept the same.

Actually it's 13 vs 10 in favor of weapons that don't have a weapon in their crafting cost.  Next time try and do a bit of research before making wild unsupported claims.  And as far as melee weapons go there is only one dual melee weapon (the dual kama) that has a weapon in its crafting cost.  The only other melee weapon in the game that has a weapon in the crafting cost is the dragon nikana.

Handles and blades just like the fang prime.  Duh?

My comment was about (and I figured this was obvious, guess not) dual weapons that have single variants. If you take all dual weapons that don't have single variants out of the comparison you're down to:

Don't (5)

-Nami Skyla (Nami Solo)

-Dual Skana (Skana)

-Dual Ether (Ether Sword)

-Dual Heat swords (Heat Sword

-Aklato (Lato)

Do (10)

-Dual Kamas (Kama)

-Akbronco (Bronco)

-Akbronco Prime (Bronco Prime)

-Akbolto (Bolto)

-Aklex (Lex)

-Akmagnus (Magnus)

-Akvasto (Vasto)

-Dual Cestra (Cesta)

-Twin Vipers (Viper)

-Afuris (Furis)

Next time, if you're unsure of exactly what it is that I'm saying, ask me to clarify. I figured the part of the sentence where I said "are crafted from two single variants" would have made it obvious that any weapon that didn't have a single variant wasn't being referred to by my statement. 

So to clarify, most dual weapons (that have single versions) are crafted using two of their single variants.

These topics are always fun to read, though annoying. I'm a Founder, Hunter, which was level two. Sure I could had gotten higher levels, but I didn't. I was content with just Excalibur Prime. Am I bothered by not having Skana Prime and Lato Prime? No, do I regret not getting them, a little. I'm fine though, using a loop hole to get something you want is devious. I feel if DE did release Dual Skana Prime and Akimbo Lato Prime, the Founders would take it as a slap to a face. They were promised that Skana Prime, Lato Prime, and Excalibur Prime would never be available again. Basically, Dual Skana Prime is a Skana Prime in each hand, and Akimbo Lato Prime is a Lato Prime in each hand. It's just copy and paste. The argument where they're COMPELTELY DIFFERENT weapons is bull, you just made a copy of the weapon and put the copy in your offhand. Honestly, just making an akimbo or dual version and making it open to all, is a bad idea. Even making a thread about releasing Dual Skana Prime and Akimbo Lato Prime is a bad idea. Honestly, these threads are bad ideas, it's just going to start a flame war and we don't need that.

The Dual Skana is also purchasable for less plat than its single form, not everything has to be kept the same.

This logic contradicts your argument about dual weapon crafting precedent.

My comment was about (and I figured this was obvious, guess not) dual weapons that have single variants. If you take all dual weapons that don't have single variants out of the comparison you're down to:

Don't (5)

-Nami Skyla (Nami Solo)

-Dual Skana (Skana)

-Aklato (Lato)

Do (10)

-Dual Kamas (Kama)

-Akbronco (Bronco)

-Akbolto (Bolto)

-Aklex (Lex)

-Akmagnus (Magnus)

-Akvasto (Vasto)

-Dual Cestra (Cesta)

-Twin Vipers (Viper)

-Afuris (Furis)

Next time, if you're unsure of exactly what it is that I'm saying, ask me to clarify. I figured the part of the sentence where I said "are crafted from two single variants" would have made it obvious that any weapon that didn't have a single variant wasn't being referred to by my statement. 

So to clarify, most dual weapons (that have single versions) are crafted using two of their single variants.

Oh, so only the weapons that support your argument count?  Good to know.

Also, if that rule were written in stone, the most recent dual weapon would have followed it.

Skana prime isn't viable as a weapon, and dual skana primes would be barely viable. The only reason people want it is for the prestige associated with it, so releasing it as a free-to-obtain weapon would be pointless. Not to mention, the difference between skana prime and dual skana prime is negligible.

I can't really see one weapon having any sort of meaningful impact on this game, so the whole "change it even though people protest" argument is unfounded.

If they release it, cool. I'll probably get one. It's just not gonna happen though sadly. 

Please, DE has released plenty of bad weapons.  If that were a good reason not to release content we wouldn't have nearly as many weapons in the game as we do.

Edited by Aggh

The Dual Skana is also purchasable for less plat than its single form, not everything has to be kept the same.

Don't (5)

-Nami Skyla (Nami Solo)

-Dual Skana (Skana)

-Aklato (Lato)

Do (10)

-Dual Kamas (Kama)

-Akbronco (Bronco)

-Akbolto (Bolto)

-Aklex (Lex)

-Akmagnus (Magnus)

-Akvasto (Vasto)

-Dual Cestra (Cesta)

-Twin Vipers (Viper)

-Afuris (Furis)

we were talking about DUAL MELEE WEPS and the only one that requires 2 of the orginal is the dual kama because we aint discussing secondrys here 

This logic contradicts your argument about dual weapon crafting precedent.

Oh, so only the weapons that support your argument count?  Good to know.

Also, if that rule were written in stone, the most recent dual weapon would have followed it.

No, it doesn't.

No, only the weapons that I was actually referring to. My statement (as I already said) was referring to dual weapons that have single variants. As the idea of attempting to craft a dual weapon out of a two singles when it does not have a single variant is hilariously stupid.

I never said it was written in stone, only that it is far more common.

What is the most recent dual weapon that has a single variant? 

we were talking about DUAL MELEE WEPS and the only one that requires 2 of the orginal is the dual kama because we aint discussing secondrys here 

No, my statement was about dual weapons that have single weapon variants in general. If you want to talk about things that are relevant we can restrict this discussion to dual weapons that are primed. Then we end up being even.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Yes, this topic is about the Dual Skana Prime, if (I don't think it'll be implemented) and it is implemented, as soon as that happens, someone will go, "Hey, they(DE) made Dual Skana Prime a thing, why not Akimbo Lato Prime?" And, we'll start this all over again...

Yes, this topic is about the Dual Skana Prime, if (I don't think it'll be implemented) and it is implemented, as soon as that happens, someone will go, "Hey, they(DE) made Dual Skana Prime a thing, why not Akimbo Lato Prime?" And, we'll start this all over again...

"Hey, why not release Twin Excalibur Prime? He'll be the first ever dual Warframe, and it's totally okay because one exclusive plus one exclusive equals a-okay."

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

That sarcasm, I can feel it. I see as making exclusives a negative, sure in math two negatives make a positive, but outside of math, it doesn't. If you kill two people, doesn't mean you get to be forgiven for what you did, you'd be hated even more.

No, it doesn't.

No, only the weapons that I was actually referring to. My statement (as I already said) was referring to dual weapons that have single variants. As the idea of attempting to craft a dual weapon out of a two singles when it does not have a single variant is hilariously stupid.

I never said it was written in stone, only that it is far more common.

What is the most recent dual weapon that has a single variant? 

No, my statement was about dual weapons that have single weapon variants in general. If you want to talk about things that are relevant we can restrict this discussion to dual weapons that are primed. Then we end up being even.

If it's not an actual rule then it's not really relevant to whether or not dual skana should be released; ie the actual topic of discussion in this thread.

Nami Skyla is the most recent dual weapon.

If it's not an actual rule then it's not really relevant to whether or not dual skana should be released; ie the actual topic of discussion in this thread.

Nami Skyla is the most recent dual weapon.

Not a rule, but it is a precedent. 

Nami Skyla was released before its single variant was released. Please explain how it could have possibly required its single variant as part of its crafting recipe when its single variant didn't exist when it was initially released. DE would have had to go back and change the recipe for that to work. 

As the idea of attempting to craft a dual weapon out of a two singles when it does not have a single variant is hilariously stupid.

Nami Skyla was released before its single variant was released. Please explain how it could have possibly required its single variant as part of its crafting recipe when its single variant didn't exist when it was initially released. DE would have had to go back and change the recipe for that to work. 

As the idea of attempting to craft a dual weapon out of a two singles when it does not have a single variant is hilariously stupid.

With most of the dual swords the single varient is released arfter the dual version. Except for dual skana and dual heat swords but even though they were released arfter the single version they still do not require their single version to make them.

With most of the dual swords the single varient is released arfter the dual version. Except for dual skana and dual heat swords but even though they were released arfter the single version they still do not require their single version to make them.

Then my statement obviously doesn't apply to those weapons. The Skana Prime exists. The Dual Skana Prime doesn't (nor should it IMO).

Then my statement obviously doesn't apply to those weapons. The Skana Prime exists. The Dual Skana Prime doesn't (nor should it IMO).

The skana existed before it's dual varient, the heat sword existed before it's dual varient. Their dual varient still does not need nor require the single varient. Therefor Dual skana prime can exist and not need or require the single version.

Edited by Postal_pat

i agree it should remain a founders wep only and one of the most unique rareities in game.But to difuse the free players qq and thier situation and would love a dual skanna only to the  one and only exception. I PROPOSE of pay package only by  limited timer and definitely Not available with Platinuim . And on the aniversery of War Frame when it entered open beta to public..Other than this proposal..forget about it ! Nope too bad.!

They've changed crafting costs before, many of the weapons that have weapons in their crafting cost didn't have them at first.  If it was an actual rule or precedent that must be followed they would have put it in there as a part of the crafting recipe.  It's just a measure they added to try and make crafting take more time/effort.

Edited by Aggh