Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GunBladeSlash

Dual Skana Prime?

I still remember, because I took part in flinging flaming piles of crap at most of the compromises, because any compromise that can't handle the topic once and for all is no real solution but a bandaid provoking another discussion about it. xD

meh the complaining (in place of the b word cuz you know thats the perfect word here) will never end either way. People who dont have such things will always complain about it and it will never vanish. And if it comes then everyone would complain about it being added.

DE made a promise. You want them to break that promise. That's the problem here. 

Read again I said I dont care either way. I just stated that they already said it does not break the agreement and in the real world feelings do not take precedence over facts. As my spoiler states you can change it slightly and brand it as a separate item and the real world where laws work it would be considered a separate item. Despite how much you feel its the same its different because said items DID NOT EXIST at the promise time. Your feelings about it matter to DE but in the world of law facts outweigh feelings. (they can choose to do it or not and laws would not prohibit them from doing so as it is considered different)

Which again if you bother to read links even DE has stated it doesn't exactly extend to dual variants https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/242356-june-6th-community-hot-topics/page-7#entry2833799

People complain more about Founder exclusives in this game alone than about preorder bonuses in every other game combined.

Yes release Dual Skana Prime, only for Founders. 

Let the flaming begin.

Let the flaming begin.

I support this, because Forums are too calm lately. Nothing fun is happening and people need to cry more.

Let the flaming begin.

I would accept this alternative.

225.gif

Funny how some people think putting TWO of the same thing makes it ABSOLUTELY DIFFERENT. Makes me both laugh and cry every time...

Can we get this locked please?^^'

Funny how some people think putting TWO of the same thing makes it ABSOLUTELY DIFFERENT. Makes me both laugh and cry every time...

Can we get this locked please?^^'

While it might FEEL like it's the same thing, it's still not. The Dual Skana Prime is practically just two skanas, but...

technically, it's a new weapon. It has different stats, different animations, and it can be owned seperately from the Skana Prime. The Skana Prime remains just as exclusive if the Dual Skana Prime is released, no matter how cheated you might feel.

So yeah, it's different, and it's fair game. DE aren't actually releasing them, though. The founders majority of the founders would cry too loud, and DE really wants to avoid crying.

While it might FEEL like it's the same thing, it's still not. The Dual Skana Prime is practically just two skanas, but...

technically, it's a new weapon. It has different stats, different animations, and it can be owned seperately from the Skana Prime. The Skana Prime remains just as exclusive if the Dual Skana Prime is released, no matter how cheated you might feel.

So yeah, it's different, and it's fair game. DE aren't actually releasing them, though. The founders majority of the founders would cry too loud, and DE really wants to avoid crying.

While it's obvious that DE most likely won't ever be releasing something like the Dual Skana Prime to the public, let it be known that if the weapon (Dual Skana Prime) adopts the same or a similar name as the original (Skana Prime), no matter the circumstances, it will be percieved as the same weapon which in this case, being a dual variant, would be better than the original. In a sense, this would be a big slap to the founder's face, telling them "We know we gave you an exclusive weapon and all, but we're gonna release a better version of it to the public anyway."

Believe me, I wouldn't mind at all if the Dual Skana Prime was released, but the only way to make it's release seem justified is that if it were an exclusive weapon just like the Skana Prime was.

There's no "Fang Prime" there's only "DUAL Fang Prime". We never needed 2 Fangs Prime to build the dual version because it never have been released like 1 single Fang Prime. The Skana prime is a different case, there's the single version already so it would need 2 Skana Prime to build the dual version. Like all the other dual weapons the have their single version.

Back to the topic: Geez, can't you guys forget about that? OMFG .

Exclusive = EXCLUSIVE= end of story.= move on!

Just like the dual skana-oh wait that's not true at all.

While it's obvious that DE most likely won't ever be releasing something like the Dual Skana Prime to the public, let it be known that if the weapon (Dual Skana Prime) adopts the same or a similar name as the original (Skana Prime), no matter the circumstances, it will be percieved as the same weapon which in this case, being a dual variant, would be better than the original. In a sense, this would be a big slap to the founder's face, telling them "We know we gave you an exclusive weapon and all, but we're gonna release a better version of it to the public anyway."

Believe me, I wouldn't mind at all if the Dual Skana Prime was released, but the only way to make it's release seem justified is that if it were an exclusive weapon just like the Skana Prime was.

It'll be bad anyways so what's your point?

Nothing will be re released, and there will be no dual versions. Ever. 

When someone pointed out the dual Lato Primes in a trailer DE said they only did it for visual appeal, and that they won't release them. 

So what makes you think that they'd release a dual skana prime? 

And for the fools who think making it a dual weapon makes it totally different and therefore OK to re release, it's not different at all. It's just double of something that will remain exclusive, therefor, it still counts as an exclusive. 

So stop your pointless butthurt whining and learn to cope with the fact that you can't have everything you want. You'll never survive in the real world if you can't understand that. 

This is the same misinformation that letter13 posted earlier in this thread.  They did not say that they wouldn't ever be released.  They said that their inclusion in the trailer wasn't a teaser for their release.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/242356-june-6th-community-hot-topics/page-6#entry2829179

As for your second assertion, wrong again:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/242356-june-6th-community-hot-topics/page-7#entry2833799

Read again I said I dont care either way. I just stated that they already said it does not break the agreement and in the real world feelings do not take precedence over facts. As my spoiler states you can change it slightly and brand it as a separate item and the real world where laws work it would be considered a separate item. Despite how much you feel its the same its different because said items DID NOT EXIST at the promise time. Your feelings about it matter to DE but in the world of law facts outweigh feelings. (they can choose to do it or not and laws would not prohibit them from doing so as it is considered different)

Which again if you bother to read links even DE has stated it doesn't exactly extend to dual variants https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/242356-june-6th-community-hot-topics/page-7#entry2833799

First off, "real world laws"? Last time I checked there were no "real world laws" relating to exclusive items in video games. If you can find one it'd be news to me. 

Second, that post from drew says that it may not extend to duals, but then he says right after that that it would be a sneaky thing to do.

Do you get this crazy when you see someone with a preorder camo in CoD?

Now to make things really controversial:

They need to release an Excalibur prime... with 2 heads!

The founders keep the old Excalibur but we get one... with 2 heads!

Now to make things really controversial:

They need to release an Excalibur prime... with 2 heads!

The founders keep the old Excalibur but we get one... with 2 heads!

Or 2 Excalibur Primes conjoined at the waist! Dubbed AkExcalibros Prime!

Loopholes. 

DE promised Founders sole exclusivity to Excalibur Prime, Skana Prime, and Lato Prime. That doesn't include a possible Dual/Akskana Prime and/or Dual/Aklato Prime.

Loopholes. 

DE promised Founders sole exclusivity to Excalibur Prime, Skana Prime, and Lato Prime. That doesn't include a possible Dual/Akskana Prime and/or Dual/Aklato Prime.

A developer acknowledged this. However the Dev in question said himself that it would be a sneaky move and that there are no plans for either to be released.

First off, "real world laws"? Last time I checked there were no "real world laws" relating to exclusive items in video games. If you can find one it'd be news to me. 

Second, that post from drew says that it may not extend to duals, but then he says right after that that it would be a sneaky thing to do.

Do you get this crazy when you see someone with a preorder camo in CoD?

No, he says that he realizes that some players would think of it as sneaky.

said himself that it would be a sneaky move and that there are no plans for either to be released.

This part is an addition of your own.  DE has not said this once.

Dude, you're just not gonna get skana prime, dual or not. Neither am I. Let's be done here.

Unless you're AntoineFlemming you cannot know what he said. He's the one who discussed it with the Dev.

There is a solution to all of this QQ...  

DUAL DAKRA PRIMES!!!

The best idea I have seen so far. 

Dude, you're just not gonna get skana prime, dual or not. Neither am I. Let's be done here.

This seems to be a very common pattern here.  People post nonsense assertions without sources or reinterpret dev posts and make stuff up.  Then when it's pointed out that what they say isn't supported by the actual evidence concerning their assertions, they immediately go into OMG SHUT UP YOU'RE NOT GETTING IT mode.

This seems to be a very common pattern here.  People post nonsense assertions without sources or reinterpret dev posts and make stuff up.  Then when it's pointed out that what they say isn't supported by the actual evidence concerning their assertions, they immediately go into OMG SHUT UP YOU'RE NOT GETTING IT mode.

...there's no evidence supporting what you're saying. At all. Ask AntoineFlemming, he has the answers here.