Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GunBladeSlash

Dual Skana Prime?

This seems to be a very common pattern here.  People post nonsense assertions without sources or reinterpret dev posts and make stuff up.  Then when it's pointed out that what they say isn't supported by the actual evidence concerning their assertions, they immediately go into OMG SHUT UP YOU'RE NOT GETTING IT mode.

If you expected all of these unproductive responses to this topic, why exactly does this thread exist? Everything here has been said before. Multiple times. The thread is pointless and brings nothing new to the table.

...there's no evidence supporting what you're saying. At all. Ask AntoineFlemming, he has the answers here.

Antoine spent most of the previous thread posting about how he was waiting for an answer to his PM and ended up getting his answer in this post:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/242356-june-6th-community-hot-topics/page-7#entry2833799

If you expected all of these unproductive responses to this topic, why exactly does this thread exist? Everything here has been said before. Multiple times. The thread is pointless and brings nothing new to the table.

Actually the reinterpretation of DE's statements on the issue and related issues is relatively new :|

Even in the previous thread people knew better than to try to say that drew's post about the aklatos in the trailer was a statement saying that there was no release.

Antoine spent most of the previous thread waiting for an answer to his PM and ended up getting his answer in this post:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/242356-june-6th-community-hot-topics/page-7#entry2833799

Well I suppose I could go over this all AGAIN, but there's no point. Sure, why not. They could put in dual skana primes. The forums exploding would be hilarious.

Antoine spent most of the previous thread posting about how he was waiting for an answer to his PM and ended up getting his answer in this post:

Actually the reinterpretation of DE's statements is relatively new :|

What statements are you referring to exactly? Quit using the ":|" like I'm some sort of imbecile.

Doubtful. Someone pointed out the Aklato Primes in a recent trailer, suggesting that they might be added, to which DE replied "Sorry but it's not happening."

IF I remember right they said they were there because they just looked cool.  DEdrew was the one who responded to it and said it was for the cool factor that it was used.

To original poster, wait 33 days (if you've been following the drama you'll know why) and then we'll know more about whether we will be seeing founder items coming back at some point.  That is my suggestion.  

Clarification Edit:  The original founder contract was with DE.  If every news site that has reported on the drama is to be believed. An acquiring company is not beholden to any previous contracts unless specifically stated they will honor all contracts as they currently stand.  This includes all previous prime access as well which I'm not a fan of as I like that not many people have my Misa Syandanna Prime.  So founders you should be worried on that front as well and not so quick to dismiss the idea.  My suggestion is hold your breath and hope for a favorable outcome for the players.  

What statements are you referring to exactly? Quit using the ":|" like I'm some sort of imbecile.

How about the only ones that DE has made on this issue?

If that's you want to interpret it that's your prerogative :|

Well I suppose I could go over this all AGAIN, but there's no point. Sure, why not. They could put in dual skana primes. The forums exploding would be hilarious.

Oh look, we're back here again.  Feel free to come up with actual definitive rules that would prevent it's release.  If forum discontent was all that was needed to prevent something from being done this game wouldn't have had a single update in it's entire history.

Feel free to come up with actual definitive rules that would prevent it's release.  If forum discontent was all that was needed to prevent something from being done this game wouldn't have had a single update in it's entire history.

DE said it. That's it.

How about the only ones that DE has made on this issue?

If that's you want to interpret it that's your prerogative :|

Oh look, we're back here again.  Feel free to come up with actual definitive rules that would prevent it's release.  If forum discontent was all that was needed to prevent something from being done this game wouldn't have had a single update in it's entire history.

You have yet to make any statement I have not read before the opening of this thread.

This seems to be a very common pattern here.  People post nonsense assertions without sources or reinterpret dev posts and make stuff up.  Then when it's pointed out that what they say isn't supported by the actual evidence concerning their assertions, they immediately go into OMG SHUT UP YOU'RE NOT GETTING IT mode.

You're not ever getting it

You have yet to make any statement I have not read before the opening of this thread.

And you've yet to actually prove your case with actual facts.

Source please.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/242356-june-6th-community-hot-topics/

[DE]Drew, on 06 Jun 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

"A significant number of threads have been popping up over the past week about exclusives in Warframe. For the sake of clarity:

We have no active plans to re-release any of the exclusive founders gear."

AntoineFlemming, on 10 Jun 2014 - 12:16 PM, said:

"A simple answer on just how far this exclusivity extends determines whether it's even possible to have dual variants of the lato prime and skana prime as an option."

[DE]Drew, on 10 Jun 2014 - 12:46 PM, said:

"Exclusivity does not necessarily extend to variants, but I realise (and players have told me) that those variants could/would feel like a sneaky way to get around exclusivity."

lJLOQzg.png

It's not gonna happen man, DE said a million times, you have no idea how many topics like this i've seen, the answer is always the same.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/242356-june-6th-community-hot-topics/

"A significant number of threads have been popping up over the past week about exclusives in Warframe. For the sake of clarity:

"A simple answer on just how far this exclusivity extends determines whether it's even possible to have dual variants of the lato prime and skana prime as an option."

"Exclusivity does not necessarily extend to variants, but I realise (and players have told me) that those variants could/would feel like a sneaky way to get around exclusivity."

lJLOQzg.png

Don't read into that, it says exactly what it says and should be taken at face value.  Either way...wait 33 days and we should know more about what to be expecting about the future of founders items.  

lJLOQzg.png

You do realize drew said these wouldn't necessarily be considered a violation of exclusivity?  The first post you linked would only apply to these weapons if they were actually founders exclusives, which they aren't.

So again, please feel free to link me to a source where DE has said these weapons will not be released.

You do realize drew said these wouldn't necessarily be considered a violation of exclusivity?  The first post you linked would only apply to these weapons if they were actually founders exclusives, which they aren't.

So again, please feel free to link me to a source where DE has said these weapons will not be released.

There is no way to build a Dual Skana Prime without 2 Skana Prime. 

But yeah sure, keep dreaming.

Another link? lol now you are in denial.

There is no way to build a Dual Skana without 2 Skanas. 

there is ways around it from a design stand point but as it currently stands no they will not be coming back (or dual or ak versions being implemented).  That may change in a month but won't know until the dust has settled.  For now though this topic should be locked and possibly reopened or re-posted by the original poster depending on outcome in 33 or so days.  My opinion on the matter. 

There is no way to build a Dual Skana without 2 Skanas. 

The dual skana doesn't require any weapons in its crafting cost.

i Think DE will release anything if they want/need the money. and I DONT want a skana prime i want a Daul skana prime yes the founders will still get it aswell and with the founder population dropping slowy and the new player population rising rapidly i think they should become a thing i have seen a lot of founders ok with this but what i do see is a lot more non-founders saying no to this but i can say everyone would be happy if they came out all of you saying no would get it to look cool and for mastery logicaly what is the downside if they released them?

And you've yet to actually prove your case with actual facts.

If you haven't realized already, I am not even trying to have a case. I've been in discussion on this topic a dozen times already. Nothing you can say on the matter would bring anything new to the topic, and nobody else can either. This topic has been beaten to death, resurrected, and beaten to death again. And again. And again. There is simply nothing to be said.

i Think DE will release anything if they want/need the money. and I DONT want a skana prime i want a Daul skana prime yes the founders will still get it aswell and with the founder population dropping slowy and the new player population rising rapidly i think they should become a thing i have seen a lot of founders ok with this but what i do see is a lot more non-founders saying no to this but i can say everyone would be happy if they came out all of you saying no would get it to look cool and for mastery logicaly what is the downside if they released them?

The only downside is that a vocal, shrinking minority of the player population that throws temper tantrums at the drop of a hat will get mad.  In the mean time DE would make buckets of money.

The only downside is that a vocal, shrinking minority of the player population that throws temper tantrums at the drop of a hat will get mad.  In the mean time DE would make buckets of money.

DE would lose credibility, and it would discourage people from paying for exclusives in the future.

before everyone types up a storm saying"No founders only!" the normal skana prime is a founder only exclusive item but do you guys think a dual variant would be available to every one since dual skanas were not part of the founders package? i repeat DUAL skana primes should they become a thing?

let me share some ego-killing thoughts:

the moment somebody has given around or more then 250 bucks, she or he is a founder, simple as that

everything else is in the mind of whomever and a bad, really a bad fantasy

yes, i want the founder pack according to my investment and im open for that everybody get what all players can get :-)

all this "im special" has nothing to do with the meaning of TENNO

a tenno has no time for jelousy or egotrips, if yes, better go and play something which fits your mind if you are on NO ...

anyway, i dont care about "being special", i simply want what everybody got and get :-)

thx for your understanding ...

From what I can see, people just want the mastery for the weapons. Being that Founders still have exclusive mastery, this won't solve much, other than to scratch some people's collector's itches.

DE would lose credibility, and it would discourage people from paying for exclusives in the future.

That would be true if releasing these weapons actually meant they were breaking their word.  They never said anything concerning these weapons being exclusive.  That people want to extended a very explicit promise of exclusivity to other weapons is their own problem.