Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Skana Prime?

GunBladeSlash

From what I can see, people just want the mastery for the weapons. Being that Founders still have exclusive mastery, this won't solve much, other than to scratch some people's collector's itches.

It won't even do that since collectors would undoubtedly still be jelly of founders exclusives.

The problem here is that people keep on trying to say that these weapons have to solve a problem to be released.  There's no reason they can't just be new content.

DE would lose credibility, and it would discourage people from paying for exclusives in the future.

lol, i dont think so, for one which leaves, 10 more will come and play :-)

thats life ...

and what do you wanna tell to the people which spend more money then whatever "founder" ?

founders should be generous, if not, they have to start mastering their minds ...

That would be true if releasing these weapons actually meant they were breaking their word.  They never said anything concerning these weapons being exclusive.  That people want to extended a very explicit promise of exclusivity to other weapons is their own problem.

There was an implicit agreement that being a founder meant you had something nobody else had. Plus what's the point of spending $250 if your exclusive stuff is just going to get released in an almost identical form later?

There was an implicit agreement that being a founder meant you had something nobody else had. Plus what's the point of spending $250 if your exclusive stuff is just going to get released in an almost identical form later?

Depends on how many people are willing to shell out money for it.  Founders are slowly dying off and soon will be a thing of the past.  Each day their opinions lose more and more weight.  It is only a matter of time before very few will be left and whatever is done will be done.  A lot of things are in flux at the moment and there is a time and place to approach a subject like this...this is not that time currently.  Wait a month and approach the subject again.  

I'll just quote this:

IF I remember right they said they were there because they just looked cool.  DEdrew was the one who responded to it and said it was for the cool factor that it was used.

To original poster, wait 33 days (if you've been following the drama you'll know why) and then we'll know more about whether we will be seeing founder items coming back at some point.  That is my suggestion.  

Clarification Edit:  The original founder contract was with DE.  If every news site that has reported on the drama is to be believed. An acquiring company is not beholden to any previous contracts unless specifically stated they will honor all contracts as they currently stand.  This includes all previous prime access as well which I'm not a fan of as I like that not many people have my Misa Syandanna Prime.  So founders you should be worried on that front as well and not so quick to dismiss the idea.  My suggestion is hold your breath and hope for a favorable outcome for the players.  

Now can we lock this topic as currently the official answer most likely will not come for now till other more important things happen first.  

Edited by Zaresin

No, the agreement was actually quite explicit and detailed exactly what exclusives founders were getting.

Here's the faq from the founders page:

http://web.archive.org/web/20130509142314/https://warframe.com/faq

What is an “Exclusive Founders Set”?

The Exclusive Founders Set is available for a limited time only and equips the user with the Excalibur Prime Warframe, and/or the Skana Prime Sword, and/or the Lato Prime Pistol. This special set is exclusively for Warframe Founders and available for a limited time only!

If you can actually believe most founders, they did it to support the game when it was starting.  The heavily discounted plat, which was the cheapest way to get plat at the time was probably a motivation too.

Edited by (PS4)Urabask

So can we get this thread locked?

"MODS HE PROVED ME WRONG LOCK THREAD PLEASE."

Stop it already.  Don't bother taking part in the discussion if you're going to start thrashing about every time one of your arguments is refuted.

Edited by Aggh

"MODS HE PROVED ME WRONG LOCK THREAD PLEASE."

Stop it already.  Don't bother taking part in the discussion if you're going to start thrashing about every time one of your arguments is refuted.

Have fun waiting for your dual skana primes.

I've sent back point after point, you guys just don't get it. It's like arguing with a wall.

where did you get buying primes from the market from? can they just become drops from the void?

If you're going to get DUAL SKANA PRIME you'll need 2 Skana Primes and guess what you cant get em..and im pretty sure if this happens in my dream or somewhere in a book the DE wont let us craft it with "parts" like Blade and handle

Well there isnt just a single Zoren

There was nothing stopping them from adding one if that was really a rule set in stone.  They've had the appropriate grips and animations for it for quite a while now.

I've sent back point after point, you guys just don't get it. It's like arguing with a wall.

Only because your points aren't backed up by actual facts.  You have noticed how we've been linking you to official statements that actually refute your claims, right?

If you're going to get DUAL SKANA PRIME you'll need 2 Skana Primes and guess what you cant get em..and im pretty sure if this happens in my dream or somewhere in a book the DE wont let us craft it with "parts" like Blade and handle

Again, the dual skana does not require any weapons in its crafting cost.

Edited by Aggh

Well there isnt just a single Zoren

But there is a single skana.....soooooo....yeah you don't have to have two of one to make a dual with the current system.  And dear lord i'm agree with Aggh....we usually disagree on everything....is it a full moon?

Edited by Zaresin

lets say this was an argument in court (which is taking this a bit far) with two opposing parties and and an unbiased jury what would your counter argument for why these weps should not be made? the intial argument has already been made and stated many times that the dual skanas are not part of the founders pack

all i ask for is a logical reason why can we not have dual skanas besides founders will get mad why would they when their precious single skana prime will still be exclusive

They are founders who kinda helped "develop" the game we now love...And we are just normal players who joined later on, Exclusive is exclusive. If you're still not sure search the dictionary for the meaning of Exclusive

lets say this was an argument in court (which is taking this a bit far) with two opposing parties and and an unbiased jury what would your counter argument for why these weps should not be made? the intial argument has already been made and stated many times that the dual skanas are not part of the founders pack

If it was being argued in court, they would only have to go by the wording explicitly stated in the original written posting for the founders packs which did NOT include the duel or ak versions as they are separate weapons with different stats and animations.  No credible lawyer would try to argue that point as a judge will look at it and give you that look like "Are you Fing kidding me?" 

Edited by Zaresin

They are founders who kinda helped "develop" the game we now love...And we are just normal players who joined later on, Exclusive is exclusive. If you're still not sure search the dictionary for the meaning of Exclusive

The founders program went for well over a half a year past the time when warframe was an unquestionable success.  Many founders didn't help found the game any more than people that just bought plat.

besides sharing a similar name and maybe a similar design (because they haven't been implemented yet) it will be a completly different item than the founder exclusive item because since it is a duel version it will behave differently and will most likly have different stats just because it looks like a duck dosn't mean it quacks like a duck(metaphor)  

Hmm, so the FOUNDERS got 1 SKANA/LATO PRIME, and we normal players get a DUEL WIELDING VER. of them and for possibly free?

GG

You. You've got things worked out. You will do fine in life.

Also, how was this not mentioned earlier? This is probably the most concrete argument against Dual Skana Primes.

The same could be applied to Aklato Primes.

P.S. I'm keeping this thread open because discussion has been relatively on topic (ironically the people asking for it to be locked repeatedly have been the ones coaxing it towards off-topic/derailing... derailing a thread and then asking for a moderator to lock it is totally uncool).

You. You've got things worked out. You will do fine in life.

Also, how was this not mentioned earlier? This is probably the most concrete argument against Dual Skana Primes.

The same could be applied to Aklato Primes.

P.S. I'm keeping this thread open because discussion has been relatively on topic (ironically the people asking for it to be locked repeatedly have been the ones coaxing it towards off-topic/derailing... derailing a thread and then asking for a moderator to lock it is totally uncool).

As has been mentioned multiple times before, neither the dual skana nor the aklato require a weapon in their crafting cost.

Hmm, so the FOUNDERS got 1 SKANA/LATO PRIME, and we normal players get a DUEL WIELDING VER. of them and for possibly free?

GG

Only if you think that the amount of time it takes to grind for new primes (take loki prime/bo prime for instance) is free.

Hint: it's not.

Edited by Aggh

But many advanced dual-wield weapons do. It's inconsistent.

Fang prime

Fang

akstilleto

Twin  gremlins

Dual skana

aklato

dual zoren

dual ether daggers

dual ichor

Nami Skyla

Dual cleavers

Dual ether

Dual heat swords

Care to guess what these weapons all have in common?

Fang prime

Fang

akstilleto

Twin  gremlins

Dual skana

aklato

dual zoren

dual ether daggers

dual ichor

Nami Skyla

Dual cleavers

Dual ether

Dual heat swords

Care to guess what these weapons all have in common?

Yup. None of them are a dual version of a founder-only weapon.