Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Stances

Questnpc

First off, The system itself is amazing. It brought a lot to the game, though I wish I had a little more time with my Jat Kittag before the removal of charging, Channeling just doesn't seem the same.

My biggest problem comes from the polarity of certain weapon's Stance spots. Some of stances are clearly meant to go with certain weapons, either through how the combos unfold, or even the unique artwork on the stance itself. Yet myself, I don't wish to forma a weapon just for its stance polarity, when the weapon is clearly meant to go with a certain mod.

Biggest example of this is Stalking Fan/Hate, Reaper Prime. I have both of these weapons, cause I personally am a weapon collector, and both of these scythes use the polarity that is meant for the uncommon mod, Reaping Whirlwind. While I like both stances, when I'm modding these nearly identical weapons, I'd rather have Stalking Fan on the Hate, and Reaping Whirlwind on the Reaper, yet In order to fit the mods I'd like on those weapons, I'd have to forma one of them, and I don't use either that much to really want to do that, I mostly use em when I'm playing my Nekros/Frost.

Another example is the Heat Swords/Dagger/Longsword. I have all three, I'm a collector, again, and I really love how the stances work the Heat weapons' flame burst attack into some combos, but again, those combos do not fit the polarity of the weapons! The stance for the dagger that even goes far enough to have an Ember wielding a Heat Dagger on the front of it has less combos than the uncommon stance, and honestly has some abysmal range! And when I had Iron Phoenix drop for me as one of my first stances, and I saw the finisher combo with the explosion, I knew I'd have to slap that on my Heat sword but surprise! It didn't match the heat sword's polarity! And the stance that did, Crimson Dervish, didn't proc the effect at all!

I'm sure there are some other weapons out there that are slipping my mind, and if anyone else has suggestions, feel free to post em here, but a small fix to some of the stance polarities would fix a lot of the problems I have with the weapons, and a lot of the weapons I notice have the appropriate polarity for the stance, but these tiny ones have just bothered me recently, so I don't know whether it was intentional or just unnoticed, but a bit of attention to this area would be appreciated.

Mayhaps the card art be just that: decorative.

And well, with Aura/Stance polarities... just forma it? It's bad that it needs to be done, sure. But if you like it enough than what's another round of ranking up?

Mayhaps the card art be just that: decorative.

And well, with Aura/Stance polarities... just forma it? It's bad that it needs to be done, sure. But if you like it enough than what's another round of ranking up?

Yeah, I'm probably going to end up doing it down the line, I'm just calling attention to it, cause some of them, mainly the Heat Sword/Iron Phoenix and Hate/Reaper Stalking Fan just seem like a couple of oversights.

Yeah, I'm probably going to end up doing it down the line, I'm just calling attention to it, cause some of them, mainly the Heat Sword/Iron Phoenix and Hate/Reaper Stalking Fan just seem like a couple of oversights.

I wanna say that they didn't pair them 'correctly', that it was a mistake/oversight- but I'm not privy to all their design choices to say what is correct.