Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

-Remove Blood Option-

Gunide

The Removal of Blood Option

Yes, it would be nice to have the ability to disable blood in general. The disable gore option is awesome but it makes no sense to not have a remove blood option. I know blood is part of the games mechanics, such as bleeding out, but it could be easily replaced with something a lot less "disturbing".

I know most of you will say things along the lines of "it doesn't bother me", "it's just blood, no big deal", or "if anything, their isn't enough blood!". Your psychopathic conditions could be discussed another time. Please state the reasons why this is and isn't a great idea. Though I don't see any reason why this cannot be done.

I hope this thread is heard, I'd rather not be desensitized from this amazing game.

--------

And yes, it obviously doesn't bother me enough to stop playing, but it still does.

Now that I think about it... For a game with a lot of dismembering, there's too little blood.
Anyway, I agree with the toggle. There's nothing wrong with giving the option to customize the game to your liking as much as you can. In fact, it's a good thing.

I understand if you don't like blood 'cause you think its disturbing and all, I can respect that. But its not reason to call others psychopaths because you are disturbed by it. I can handle fake gore and everything but real life gore is pretty scary.

That being said I do agree this should be an option some people are just slightly disturbed, others phobias, and others not even slightly disturbed all sides should be respected the same.

Edited by J4CKY

First off, I'm amazed with how fast you people respond to these threads.

Anyway, Biobasher stated a good idea. Sparks are usually the substitute.

And yes, the love of blood is absolutely unnatural, you learn to tolerate it, that's a fact.

I understand if you don't like blood 'cause you think its disturbing and all, I can respect that. But its not reason to call others psychopaths because you are disturbed by it. I can handle fake gore and everything but real life gore is pretty scary.

That being said I do agree this should be an option some people are just slightly disturbed, others phobias, and others not even slightly disturbed all sides should be respected the same however.

I wasn't being entirely serious, it's slight sarcasm. :)

And yes, the love of blood is absolutely unnatural, you learn to tolerate it, that's a fact.

Well, for one thing, hating blood would probably leave you quite dead if you are bleeding out (not to mention that you will never be a good surgeon), so there is that. 

First off, I'm amazed with how fast you people respond to these threads.

Lots of people on at once.

I wasn't being entirely serious, it's slight sarcasm. :)

Slight? I mean, yeah, you'd have a point, if it was real life.

A lot of people are fine with seeing limbs flying across the room in a videogame, but if they saw it for real, ho boy.

Wow. Then I must be quite the psycho, because I stick needles into people's bodies for a living, and the blood doesn't bother me one bit. Never has, actually.

Edited by xZetsumeix