Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

-Remove Blood Option-

Gunide

Again, I have people commenting on how it isn't in issue for them. I can care less as to what you think is ok or not. I'd honestly just like to have the devs acknowledge this post and take it into consideration. It would be an option, not a mandatory requirement. 

Remember, there are a lot of people that don't play this game due to the blood and gore.

Remember, there are a lot of people that don't play this game due to the blood and gore.

Not many.

Your point is valid, but you probably shouldn't bother trying to get an appropriate response from everyone.

If it doesn't bother them, they WILL tell you about it. That's how it goes.

Again, I have people commenting on how it isn't in issue for them. I can care less as to what you think is ok or not. I'd honestly just like to have the devs acknowledge this post and take it into consideration. It would be an option, not a mandatory requirement. 

I'm pretty sure the blood aspect is pretty low on the list of reasons for people not playing the game.

A very small percentage play games cause they're gory. It has nothing to do with everyone else.

I'm all for a "Germany" option to block all violence, for those who want it.

But you kinda gotta realize how silly you seem, asking for a non-violent violent game.

Blood makes the game more realistic, rather than some game like poke'mon who "faint".

That is probably more of a gameplay mechanic. 

After all, if the Pokemons that you caught do die, then expect quite a lot of frustrated (pun not intended) players.

Your playing a game all about shootin' em up, hackin' em up or blowin' em up... And it's the blood that bothers you. This game is literally about killing stuff in cool ways. Launching enemies across rooms, pinning their corpses to the wall with bolts or arrows. Trick flips into back spin slash, beheading your target. Using abilities to crush, vaporize or shatter their frozen bodies...

Then in a poor attempt to validate your request you jump to the conclusion that We're all psychotic... This may be a long shot, but you consider maybe this isn't the game for you? Perhaps Hello Kitty Island Adventure is more your speed. I'd hate for all of our psychotic tendencies to rub off on you....

Not sure if I'm the only one but I'd love a "paintball mode" toggle where bullet holes and blood splatters would be replaced with rainbow paint. That'd be pretty fun and hilarious.

On-topic:

I don't think it's worth the time for the developers to create another option to disable blood altogether. Doesn't really make sense to be playing Mature rated shooter and then complain about the Mature content...

Edited by Psychosist

Man, you guys are really fantastic at not contributing well.

He is proposing an option to disable blood BECAUSE HE WOULD LIKE IT.

He's not asking for input on why blood is there or how he should grow a pair.

Thank you very much for understanding

Your psychopathic conditions could be discussed another time.

I'd like to play a game with you.

On a more serious note, warframe is rated m for mature audiences so it's expected to have some blood/violence in there. As for the blood you practically don't see any (when the gore is off) unless effected by procs. It's up to De whether to turn off blood when gore is turned off and spread the game across multiple ratings.

Your playing a game all about shootin' em up, hackin' em up or blowin' em up... And it's the blood that bothers you. This game is literally about killing stuff in cool ways. Launching enemies across rooms, pinning their corpses to the wall with bolts or arrows. Trick flips into back spin slash, beheading your target. Using abilities to crush, vaporize or shatter their frozen bodies...

Then in a poor attempt to validate your request you jump to the conclusion that We're all psychotic... This may be a long shot, but you consider maybe this isn't the game for you? Perhaps Hello Kitty Island Adventure is more your speed. I'd hate for all of our psychotic tendencies to rub off on you....

You're a sensitive one aren't you.

While more options are always nice, keep in mind that this is a highly graphic M-rated game about ninjas slicing and shooting everything in sight. I'm not saying no to this option, but frankly, you should be thankful that the game already has a "disable gore" option handy, because that's already leagues more than what most M-rated games will do to appeal to a more general playerbase.

If you want a shooting game with no violence, then Warframe just might not be for you.

Edited by SortaRandom

While more options are always nice, keep in mind that this is a highly graphic M-rated game about ninjas slicing and shooting everything in sight. I'm not saying no to this option, but frankly, you should be thankful that the game already has a "disable gore" option handy, because that's already leagues more than what most M-rated games will do to appeal to a more general playerbase.

If you want a shooting game with no violence, then Warframe just might not be for you.

I'm extremely grateful of the disablement of gore, it shows that they took it into consideration. But I honestly think removing gore is a harder option than blood, due to an almost complete redo of the death animations.

And for all of you who still don't get it, I'm not against violence, I still play warframe.

I'm extremely grateful of the disablement of gore, it shows that they took it into consideration. But I honestly think removing gore is a harder option than blood, due to an almost complete redo of the death animations.

I'd imagine a gore option is done for technical reasons as well, not just to defend people's sensibilities. Less gore means fewer objects with physics to render. Blood's just a texture, that's pretty cheap.

I'd imagine a gore option is done for technical reasons as well, not just to defend people's sensibilities. Less gore means fewer objects with physics to render. Blood's just a texture, that's pretty cheap.

Reason why it's such an easy option to create

A setting in which you can change the gore settings would be a good idea for us players, if we want a more gory when we slice enemies in half with melee weapons to feel like a boss of if we have for example people that cant handle blood, make it so these little or none so it doesnt affect them.

I agree with this option 100%