Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dera Vs. Flux Rifle

r3bell1on

Question

10 answers to this question

Dera: good vs grineer, bad vs pretty much everything else. Damage leaves a lot to be desired.

Flux rifle: continuous fire and slash damage. Acceptable proc chance, can be fairly useful.

I'd avoid both of these, flux rifle used to be really good but took a huge hit with damage 2.0, and dera has never really impressed me. If you're set on building one, I'd say flux rifle.

The Dera was and will always be my favorite primary weapon, but let's not let my bias get in the way :).

The Dera is an extremely accurate weapon with no recoil, allowing you to kill enemies from longer ranges.

On the downside the Dera has somewhat low base damage and travel time, meaning you will need to compensate for longer ranges.

The Dera WILL need a forma or two in order to take it to later levels

The Flux Rifle on the other hand has the same accuracy as the Dera, but has a very limited range of 25 meters.

The Flux Rifle has very low base damage but a high fire-rate, coupled with high slash damage it is great against the Infestation.

The high fire-rate of the Flux Rifle can be bad, because you may run out of ammo with it.

The Flux Rifle will need two or more forma to take it into later levels.

But all of this is meaningless if you don't have fun with the weapon.

Edited by 011100110110000101101101

The Dera was and will always be my favorite primary weapon, but let's not let my bias get in the way :).

The Dera is an extremely accurate weapon with no recoil, allowing you to kill enemies from longer ranges.

On the downside the Dera has somewhat low base damage and travel time, meaning you will need to compensate for longer ranges.

The Dera WILL need a forma or two in order to take it to later levels

The Flux Rifle on the other hand has the same accuracy as the Dera, but has a very limited range of 25 meters.

The Flux Rifle has very low base damage but a high fire-rate, coupled with high slash damage it is great against the Infestation.

The high fire-rate of the Flux Rifle can be bad, because you may run out of ammo with it.

The Flux Rifle will need two or more forma to take it into later levels.

But all of this is meaningless if you don't have fun with the weapon.

How do you remember your name XD

I want a decent weapon that I wont regret. I kinda want to take a break from thise really op weapons like boltor p and want to build a rifle that would be fun to mess around with. Both look great but damage is similar.

Should I get the Dera or the flux rifle? What are the pros and cons? I dont really care about the build though.

If these the only two options, I would go with the Dera.  Neither weapon is really top shelf, but the Dera is far more usable.  It's an assault rifle with perfect accuracy and zero recoil so it's really good for boring through enemy skulls as long as you can cope with the projectile travel time.  The Flux Rifle is a continuous beam weapon with a hard-limited range and rather pathetic damage output. It has a high rated status chance, but the way status works on beam weapons makes it kind of garbage for this purpose.

Honestly I wouldn't recommend either of these. If you want a pew pew pew rifle,Tetra is a more attractive weapon than the Dera with its big magazine and better ammo efficiency.   Or if you want a continuous beam rifle get the Synapse, which blows the socks off Flux Rifle so hard it's not even funny.