Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 13.10 - The Vault Opens.... (Official Hype Thread)

MDRLOz

Hmmm maybe regretting making thread...

Personally I think it will be a new lost weapon on the login reward, to replace gorgon and maybe snipertron vandal or strum wraith as a reward from some mini event.

I am shocked people are getting so defensive and aggressive about their event rewards unlike founder stuff event stuff was never promised as exclusive.

Also it has been stated on the live streams several time that these weapons go into "the de vault" to come out now and then. It was a jokey reference to the Disney vault. Back in VHS days Disney did not have their entire movie collection available all the time due to the cost of them. So instead they sometimes had certain movies out of release and in "the vault". This would allow Disney to re-release a movie and make more money.

The de weapons vault allows de to reuse rewards without having to make something new all the time. It also allows people a limited chance to acquire items they missed out on. Originally events only ran for one weekend, if you were busy that weekend? Tough luck. Now events run for at least a week to allow people more time. So old items coming back should not cause so much hostility people. This was always on the cards.

Edited by MDRLOz

I could see multiple reasons as to why this happened..

One MAIN reason is that its kinda stupid to limit those event exclusive weapons to such a small peroid of time.

Instead now they let others obtain it in order to let people level since they count towards mastery, im actually glad they're doing this since its kinda like saying...

"Im sorry you weren't there on that one day, you can't reach the level cap." 

The Bible disagrees!

Well that was random.

I suppose in an ideal world, everybody would be able to fluently use number systems with bases other than 10 so instead of "13.10" it would be version "D.A"

But alas.

I could see multiple reasons as to why this happened..

One MAIN reason is that its kinda stupid to limit those event exclusive weapons to such a small peroid of time.

Instead now they let others obtain it in order to let people level since they count towards mastery, im actually glad they're doing this since its kinda like saying...

"Im sorry you weren't there on that one day, you can't reach the level cap." 

Event weapons were never stated as being exclusive. That term, 'exclusive', has been twisted and misused on this forum so everyone just assumes these things about it.

I hope they make a return in an obtainable way. Not the daily log in and alert crap

Login was specifically what they mentioned, cycling out the gorgon to be exact. Which is why I'm confused about why it is included as in the vault it is still available.

Isn't Primed Chamber already back? My friend who wasn't here for the Grineer Regulator event got it from a mission. I'm just saying, it can be found.

I think he got Charged Chamber, not Primed Chamber. 

Same function, except Charged Chamber offers a smaller bonus. 

Isn't Primed Chamber already back? My friend who wasn't here for the Grineer Regulator event got it from a mission. I'm just saying, it can be found.

Thats just not correct sir, your friend is missleading you. At the moment this mod is completely and totally unavailable.

CBT gifts and celebratory weapons won't be returning (these had been confirmed 100% exclusive). 

And I'm 99.99% sure that when they say "opening the vault" they're just re-releasing some or all of the discontinued weapons, such as the Gorgon, Ether Daggers, Snipetron etc, and that they're not re-releasing event weapons (wraith/vandal variants).

Everyone who is whining about Exclusive weapons and mods coming back. Shut, your, bratty, mouth.

In the contract you sign with the DE they can do anything they want to do, they could reset your account right now and owe you nothing. So DE owes you all, NOTHING, you can't say. "I have a right because i farmed my @$$ off for these weapons" that is stupid, people say New player experience in Warframe is horrible, and that is one of the reasons. Why limit what the new players can get just because they didn't know about this game when you did. It makes no sense to punish someone just because this game isn't super known. Anything that wasn't given in closed beta should come out to everyone, and if you feel like they shouldn't, refer to what i said, You signed a agreement to the DE that you wouldn't complain or sue if something you payed for comes out for free, or something exclusive comes out for everyone.

You should just be happy DE doesn't release Excal Prime, and other Prebeta and alpha gear to everyone, because they could.

Wraith weapons, and exclusive mods will come back and should.  You can't do anything about it,and if you think the DE owes you for giving the new players chance to get them. Then you should go back and read that AGREEMENT YOU SIGNED WHEN YOU MADE YOUR ACCOUNT.

Rant over

Don't mean to be offensive, just tired of the constant complaining when something that couldn't be gotten before, comes back. 

All of my upvotes to you my good sir! I never thought I'd see the day when someone else realizes this!

Well Sheldon said so on the live-stream and in a twitter comment:

https://twitter.com/sheldoncarter/status/486634152842633216

The DE warframe vault is finally cracking opening and some stuff from the past is coming back. Now we don't have an official list of stuff considered to be in "the Vault" but it was stated to contain previous weapons and items that were removed. I am going to say this now because someone will mention it:

FOUNDERS STUFF IS NOT IN THE VAULT AND IS NEVER COMING BACK.

DE HAS SAID ITS NOT COMING BACK SO MANY TIMES ITS NOT FUNNY ANYMORE.

However here is some stuff that could possibly be in the vault:

The "Lost" weapons

Gorgon

Ether Dagggers

Machete

Boar

Snipertron

The "Event" weapons

Snipertron Vandal

Strun Wraith

Machete Wraith

Twin Vipers Wraith

Gorgon Wraith

Prova Vandal

The "Beta" weapons

Lato Vandal (Listed as CBT - Closed Beta Tester exclusive https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/14530-exclusive-cbt-weapon-revealed/)

Braton Vandal

The "MoDs" (added in for completions sake)

Tethras doom MoDs

Breeding Ground MoDs

Primed Chamber (DE have said it will come back in another event at some point...)

So what do you think which of these lovely toys is coming out of retirement boys and girls?

Also how will we obtain them? Will be an event? Will it be as a log in reward? Will it be the market?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit1: Just to help anyone it is not Update 14 this week as it was stated on the livestream and also De Drew said that "We will know" when the actual u14 day is inbound.

Edit2: Just so people know iteration patch numbers can go to two digits. Its just a number. 13.10.0 Is very acceptable. There is not magic rule on these things. It is just a made up number to track progress after all.

Edit3: Added MoDs though the elemental/proc mods I feel is to soon and they will have special places e.g. Void Vor for Cicero mods. However DE did say that primed chamber will return at some point.

Edit4: what are bredding grounds anyway? Thx bronte.

I will belief it all when I see it all.