Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 13.10 - The Vault Opens.... (Official Hype Thread)

MDRLOz

anyone remember that one of the DE said on dev stream they would open the Vault next week  (this week basicly)? 
was that a joke or really happening

it's true, but you could read other topics in the forum instead of writing your own one to ask about it xD

something like a super huge megathread that it's impossible to not see https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/258999-update-1310-the-vault-opens-official-hype-thread/

EDIT: this topic got merged in the megathread, thank you

Edited by Regar

CBT gifts and celebratory weapons won't be returning (these had been confirmed 100% exclusive). 

And I'm 99.99% sure that when they say "opening the vault" they're just re-releasing some or all of the discontinued weapons, such as the Gorgon, Ether Daggers, Snipetron etc, and that they're not re-releasing event weapons (wraith/vandal variants).

"Celebratory"? Sorry, could you clarify what that means exactly? The only weapon I can think of as being celebratory would be the Dex Furis, but I admit that I can't remember where all of the old exclusive weapons come from.

I'm not really sure why DE would go out of their way to talk about something that's just a re-release of a discontinued weapon. Not that I don't understand them rereleasing those discontinued weapons, but that's the sort of change that could happen in the notes of a hotfix and most people would go "oh, neat." Pretty much none of those discontinued weapons are worth much (except to collectors like myself)...

At any rate, I doubt it'd be the Gorgon since it's already available from login rewards. Other weapons are more plausible though, and I'd be happy with any. If they come back in log-in rewards I can't say I'd be too excited because it'd probably be another month before I see 'em.

Edited by CaptainJohnson

i will be happy just with the lato vandal..yep they said its a exclusive weapon but they said the same in the past events... it will be unfair if they give past content to the others that was supposedly exclusive too and not give us a chance to get that..

i can give my excalibur prime and my scana prime in exchange for the lato vandal xD

Edited by Frenrihr89

"Celebratory"? Sorry, could you clarify what that means exactly? The only weapon I can think of as being celebratory would be the Dex Furis, but I admit that I can't remember where all of the old exclusive weapons come from.

I believe it was either the Lato or the Braton Vandal which was available for the first weekend/first day or two of the open beta. The other one is a celebratory gift to CBT players. And the Dex Furis is a celebratory weapon for Open Beta players.

That's what I mean by celebratory; not event weapons, but not standard weapons either.

I'll be glad to see the retired weapons return. I have all of them, but it deeply bothered me that Boar Prime was available to others, but not Boar.

Similarly a great number of players  have Machete Wraith, but not Machete. Also, Machete is the weapon Scorpions use, so I could see wanting to use it to "cosplay" a grineer warframe or something. 

I leveled my ether daggers recently and they were quite nice. Since this entire weapon category is just fang (prime) another weapon to use the dual dagger stances would be welcome.

What are the odds of it being strun wraith, viper wraith and primed chamber? (all missed cos of work/festivals) could i really be that lucky? haha.

Pity ill probably miss this event too.

What are the odds of it being strun wraith, viper wraith and primed chamber? (all missed cos of work/festivals) could i really be that lucky? haha.

Pity ill probably miss this event too.

I kinda doubt it'll be an actual "event," but I may be mistaken. They may try to test out some of the minor features originally planned for U14 if they're already done with some of the tweaks, but even that seems unlikely. If it's an event, it'll be a really small one- maybe something just to hype us up for U14 or tide us over for the week.

Right decision.The exclusive stuff made only anger and disappointment.

Tell other ppl who dont know from Warframes exclusives,everyone will tell you omg so ....

Way to much exclusive stuff in the game.Ridicolous much.

Edited by K0bra

*resists urge to be disapointed*

I guess its kool that people who didnt already have it can have one tho haha.

i guess. though tbh something as weak, slow, and clunky as a machete should have been obliterated, not stored away in a vault.

What were you expecting, an event weapon?

They're obviously not giving any vandals or wraiths just like that. People have some rather high expectations sometimes.

FYI I have everything that has been vaulted so far so I am just glad they are giving the chance of completion just for the sake of it. And as far as I know by the logic of usefulness then only the Ether Daggers should ever be out, debbie downers.

Edited by RahuStalker

I doubt it is. Its WAY TOO EARLY for the update. Its still Wednesday here, and updates hit on thursday here.

I know.... usually it would be in..... 4~6 hours from now.

But I'm a professional pessimist. That's why I say that this Machete is all we get today.

An update....mmmhh.... I think it will be in 2-3 days, Friday at least.

But know what, I think this Machette gift is a good thing because....How could it be WORST ?

-Worst than what ..!!!? Could you reply.

How could it be WORST than this sh!$$y, unusefull, Inelegant, Grinning ... Blunt Buttttter Knife ... XD

-Euh.. a skana ? some of you may think.

Even the Skana is far out-classing this ...%£ù*$@¤. cannot even call it a weapon ^_^

-euh...

Where I want to come is.... IF the Machete is the first thing we get.... ANYTHING can ONLY be BETTER...