Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Dragon) Nikana Position And Grip

BenzinNinJa

My room mate just pointed out, that the Nikanas are mounted upside down, curved side up, and that the way the Tenno grip the Nikanas doesn't seem practical/useful in any way.

Just to be sure, we grabbed a length of pipe, and had a go ourselves. It really feels higly impractical and and unnatural.

The question of being upside down can of course be excused by the other side of the blade being sharp, but that also seems to defy my internet-ninja logic.

Edited by BenzinNinJa

the nikana is worn with the edge facing up because this is the traditional way the samurai wore there blades its a way to prevent the blade from being dulled by the sheath and allows for a very powerful attack on the blades draw you could probably find several videos on the subject on youtube

Edited by Omega224

Well, I guess we've learned something new today then.

The blade facing upwards seems to make sense, I think.
But try this:
Go to your arsenal
Equip your NikanaH

Have your warframe pose with it
Stand up and turn your back to the screen
Look over your shoulder and replicate the grip

Tell me if you are able to do anything while holding a sword/stick/penis whatever like this.

I haven't practiced anything, but have a really good look at the position of the hands, try it out yourself, and compare that to the grip on the other non-katana swords.

unless your wrists bend and flex in some magic way, the Nikana grip can't be useful...

Edit:

Also, they grip other swords, like the Cronus or Jaw Sword, differently. With those swords, you could actually swing it around.
With the Nikana grip your arms/wrists are blocking each other.

Edited by BenzinNinJa

this could very well be.

I probably should have mentioned that I speak of the grip seen in the arsenal.

Yeah if you're referring to the blocking animation (when the Warframe points their weapon forward as you highlight the nikana in arsenal), that grip is extremely wonky.

But for the rest, it's fine. You were just not informed on the way katanas are traditionally wielded (for many reasons too, as stated by a few fellow Tenno here). I do agree the blocking grip needs work, since it's just awkward-looking.