Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orthos, Or Scindo?

(PSN)Cyanide6992

Question

I'm just curious which is the 'better' weapon, an un-potatoed Orthos, or Scindo? My Orthos (level 30) is awesome, and I love it. Its fast, and hits hard. My friend has a level 30 Scindo that I believe has been potatoed, as such its powers are way, way greater then my Orthos, so its hard to get a read on if its really a better melee weapon or not. With melee 2.0, I'm really getting into up close and personal combat.  I don't want to waste time leveling a weapon that's not going to be as good, as my current level 30. Any thoughts?

6 answers to this question

"Better" isn't really applicable when comparing these two weapons. "Better" is subjective. See, if you want raw base damage, Scindo is your tool of destruction. If you want some decent striking speed along with great range, Orthos is your deal. Honestly, it's your call. But if you're asking for my opinion specifically, then I'd 30 them both, throw them away, and immediatly go farm the Orthos Prime. But hey, that's just me.

But if you're asking for my opinion specifically, then I'd 30 them both, throw them away, and immediatly go farm the Orthos Prime. But hey, that's just me.

Listen to this man, you won't regret it.

"Dumb knife stick" best comment, ever. On a side note, I would love to get Orthos Prime, but currently, I have no one to farm keys with, and soloing them my self is a bit of an issue beyond T2. And even below that, I can solo them, but I can't run around and check everything, and kill all the things for chances at drops.

So I'm trying to farm Cleaving Whirlwind, anyone have suggestions with places to try? So far I've been doing infested defense missions in the hopes of running into an Ancient Disrupter. Or multiple of them.

got mine in an ODD if that helps