Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General Weapon Ideas For Future

GinjahMaster

How about some imagination other then "another gun that fires a bullet".

* How about an energy rifle that charges up as long as you hold the trigger, then causes damage based on how long you charged it, (larger charge = larger ammo use on that shot, but gets more efficient on higher charge). Also make it auto-fire once it reaches a max charge so some timing is involved.

* Rapid fire pistol with rounds that home in on anything with active shields (within some reasonable aim arc of course) INCLUDING PLAYERS (but no damage to players)

* Launcher that fires Rollers that after landing, start chasing mobs, or just start ripping into them on direct hits (stagger?)

* Arc Trap launcher.

* Secondary fire creates a frontal energy shield attached to weapon that uses up energy pool, primary fire ... just ... fires damn bullets, ok?

* A gun that has a primary fire that launches walnuts that attach to a target, and a secondary fire that launches REALLY hungry squirrels. Ok, this last one is just my dream weapon.

* The damn Shock Rifle from UT. I loved that gun too. Fire shock core, stab someone in the face, backflip off a wall into the air, shoot and detonate core. Now THAT is ninja.

How about some imagination other then "another gun that fires a bullet".

* How about an energy rifle that charges up as long as you hold the trigger, then causes damage based on how long you charged it, (larger charge = larger ammo use on that shot, but gets more efficient on higher charge). Also make it auto-fire once it reaches a max charge so some timing is involved.

* Rapid fire pistol with rounds that home in on anything with active shields (within some reasonable aim arc of course) INCLUDING PLAYERS (but no damage to players)

* Launcher that fires Rollers that after landing, start chasing mobs, or just start ripping into them on direct hits (stagger?)

* Arc Trap launcher.

* Secondary fire creates a frontal energy shield attached to weapon that uses up energy pool, primary fire ... just ... fires damn bullets, ok?

* A gun that has a primary fire that launches walnuts that attach to a target, and a secondary fire that launches REALLY hungry squirrels. Ok, this last one is just my dream weapon.

* The damn Shock Rifle from UT. I loved that gun too. Fire shock core, stab someone in the face, backflip off a wall into the air, shoot and detonate core. Now THAT is ninja.

As long it is the BFG 9k, I down with that.

DSpite has a point, hmm, ok how about:

*Richochet primary fire, alt fire is reactive, 1 bullet = little damage, 10 bullets = BOOM! Like Halos' needler

*Standard bullet primary firearm, secondary turns into a limited support sentry (based on ammo left in clip)

*Rapid fire canister rifle. fires large cal. high pressure air canisters, upon impact they break and sling alot of shrapnel

*A ballistic sword (yeah sue me)

**Reminder: This is for any weapon, not just guns, so have at it.

Guest Tehnoobshow

Yay for obsolete primitive classical weapons! I want a sling next!

Edited by Tehnoobshow

OK guys, ive got a good one. A rifle with a hold-to-charge fire rate, longer charge, more damage. When it fires it releases a bolt of electricity which, chains between enemies, causes radial damage if it hits the ground, and loses damage over distance. Also, it takes up a melee slot, when using quick melee it lashes out with an energy whip, like the Lecta, and when you swap to your melee the gun transforms into a hammer with default shock damage, i call it Mjolnir! 

Would an SMG style weapon be an interesting idea? Something primarily for close-range combat, very high rate of fire, low to moderate recoil, and has a large magazine capacity to offset for a low damage for each individual bullet? Sort of like a sci-fi version of a TDI Vector/Kriss submachine gun?

Guest Tehnoobshow

Would an SMG style weapon be an interesting idea? Something primarily for close-range combat, very high rate of fire, low to moderate recoil, and has a large magazine capacity to offset for a low damage for each individual bullet? Sort of like a sci-fi version of a TDI Vector/Kriss submachine gun?

We have 3 of those: The Akfuris, The AkZani, and the Dual Cestra.

Yeah, less of an image of an alien trying to dual-wield the sci-fi equivalent of Mini Uzi's like a gangster and more like a "professional" submachine gunner, like maybe a sci-fi version of the Kriss, or heck for nostalgias sake a Thompson.

Yay for obsolete primitive classical weapons! I want a sling next!

A futuristic sling would actually be pretty baller if done right. Could make use of the current "charged shot" mechanic to control distance and "firing" arc, might be usable to deploy DoT charges like firebombs or the Tenno equivalent of arc traps.

Has to look the part, though. Thinking similar in aesthetic to a tiny syandana.

I think he meant more of a rifle, and less of 2 pistols

Yes please. A proper SMG. My friend who'd just started the game bought the Burston with the impression that it was a submachine gun because of its similarity to the P90, but was saddened when I explained that it was technically a rifle in game terms. Not that it lessens his enjoyment of it in use at all, but I share his disappointment. We need more proper submachinefuns.

Edited by Jaycemonde

Guest Tehnoobshow

A futuristic sling would actually be pretty baller if done right. Could make use of the current "charged shot" mechanic to control distance and "firing" arc, might be usable to deploy DoT charges like firebombs or the Tenno equivalent of arc traps.

Has to look the part, though. Thinking similar in aesthetic to a tiny syandana.

Yes please. A proper SMG. My friend who'd just started the game bought the Burston with the impression that it was a submachine gun because of its similarity to the P90, but was saddened when I explained that it was technically a rifle in game terms. Not that it lessens his enjoyment of it in use at all, but I share his disappointment. We need more proper submachinefuns.

Wait, what? How in the world does the P90 look like the Burston? The magazine placement is all wrong, the P90's magazine goes in at the top. And since when did the P90 have burst mode? (I thought it only had full auto and semi?)

Wait, what? How in the world does the P90 look like the Burston? The magazine placement is all wrong, the P90's magazine goes in at the top. And since when did the P90 have burst mode? (I thought it only had full auto and semi?)

I was referring to the general flow/shape of the gun, and the odd ejection port (?) located near the back of the gun and facing downwards. P90 probably wasn't the best comparison, but I'm tired and not thinking straight. The point is that the Burston looks like it should be a submachine gun of some kind, what with the odd flashlight thing and the...unconventional, PDWish furniture. Especially considering the Grineer (who are admittedly gigantic) who are shown holding it in some of the older promo material make it look like it's a small weapon.

I guess it could also look a lot like the FN F2000, but I neglected to mention it because, well, it's a rifle.

Edited by Jaycemonde

Guest Tehnoobshow

I always thought the Burston looked more like a Covenant Carbine from Halo, especially the Prime.

640px-H4-T51CovenantCarbine-LeftSide.png

PrimeBurston.png

Notice how they have the exact same curves at the front.

Edited by Tehnoobshow

Contents from post #22. 

Seems like so, but other than that, there is really not much similarity (maybe except for the back, to a small extent). 

And speaking of which, it seems to be a bit of a waste for the gold under-barrel protrusion on the Burston Prime not to be a bayonet. Sometimes, I wish I could just get some Salvage, make the same shape, then replace the gold under-barrel protrusion with more stronger metals for a good bayonet to stab enemies with. 

I always thought the Burston looked more like a Covenant Carbine from Halo, especially the Prime.

Notice how they have the exact same curves at the front.

I guess I can see that. Carbines and PDWs are essentially the same thing, though, at least in the way modern armies use them. I was always bummed by the lack of a full-size "Covenant Rifle", especially considering the Plasma 'Rifle' is shorter than the Terran SMG.

NO NO YOU ARE WRONG! A carbine is a variable operations weapon, useable for almost anything. A PDW is a Personal Defense Weapon, made for the specific purpose of defending in a secondary action. Also, i love the direction this forum took.

Edited by GinjahMaster