Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General Weapon Ideas For Future

GinjahMaster

Guest Tehnoobshow

I guess I can see that. Carbines and PDWs are essentially the same thing, though, at least in the way modern armies use them. I was always bummed by the lack of a full-size "Covenant Rifle", especially considering the Plasma 'Rifle' is shorter than the Terran SMG.

NO NO YOU ARE WRONG! A carbine is a variable operations weapon, useable for almost anything. A PDW is a Personal Defense Weapon, made for the specific purpose of defending in a secondary action. Also, i love the direction this forum took.

A carbine is a defined as a "long gun with a shortened barrel". Basically, it's a short rifle, and shoots rifle rounds. A Personal Defense Weapon on the other hand, is something designed for use in tight quarters with greater stopping power (pistol rounds), and are closer to SMGs or Machine Pistols.

A carbine is a defined as a "long gun with a shortened barrel". Basically, it's a short rifle, and shoots rifle rounds. A Personal Defense Weapon on the other hand, is something designed for use in tight quarters with greater stopping power (pistol rounds), and are closer to SMGs or Machine Pistols.

Fine. Caught with pants down. I'm more of a long rifle and shotgun person anyway. Nice to see I wasn't the only one that was wrong.

Anyway, we need proper SMGs. That's the gist of what I've been saying. And I still think some kind of energy-sling bullS#&$ would be cool.

• 2 months later...

I want a Gattling gun that is a no brainer, also heavy machine gun like the one you can rip off vehicules in Crysis 2 for instance or soemthing equivalent.

Finaly some caster weapon for caster frames! Nekros is the grim reaper and seeing him with a gun is meh, same goes for Ember and any other catser frame. The necron lord Orb could be something to look into, your frame is simply holding the orb in 1 hand and point it foward ( insert particule and sound effect here) and done, a weapon that doesnt look like a gun, maybe even staff or wand cold also do the trick 2.

If they are not into the idea of designing new weapons for that pupose only, maybe a set of skins replacing your main weapon and its animation to he orb i used in example or staff or whatever else they will come out with, Amprex or Synapse and zapping people witht he orb of destruction would be neat http://s274.photobucket.com/user/bazaaro21/media/Picture001.jpg.html

Hybrid weapons able to cover both ranged and melee combat like a gun sword or things of the sort, these would require balance but just for the lookt of things it would be awesome.

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking something similar to the Sharps Carbine of the Wild West. It was a single shot, long-range marksmans rifle that sported an accuracy unseen until its manufacture. Either that or something like the Rolling Block Sniper Rifle.

No more New things until old things are fixed.

WTB a heavy caliber sniper rifle (think .50 cal) of Orokin design with a proper loud bang and recoil >:3

Inspiration for DE: Recoil-15764.gif

Vectis Edited by Kuboy

• 3 weeks later...

You know, we dont have any proper heavy throwing weapons. I think we something that you throw that hits hard and that you actually need to retrieve, like the combat axe in (forgive me for this) COD. Possibly even something lie i mentioned before: a spear, only as a secondary that acts more like a javelin. I think these would e alot of fun, especially with multishot...

• 3 months later...

well, nice to see that a forum that i didnt start has worked out. Let me explain: my brother ( he is younger than me ) gets obsessed with anything i play, apparently he hacked my account, hes good with computers like that, and started a forum under my name, but since its done well i think ill keep it,

Sorry for anything that he may have said that pissed anyone off or started any arguments. ~The Real GinjahMaster