Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank Really Mean Anything?

(PSN)Kamranos

Question

I've noticed a ton of people posting in the recruiting tab and they always ask for mastery rank. My question is, do you guys/gals really think ones mastery rank is a testament of their skill? 

Personally I see it only as the amount of weapons and warframes built. I've seen M15's with half my in game time, yet they are prefered over someone who may be level 4, but a great player. 

So I leave it to you. Do you think mastery means anything other than their collection of goodies?

11 answers to this question

you can use it to measure 2 things:

- playing time time wasted on levelling stuff

- amount of weapons levelled

it doesn't say anything about actual skill, whether you have a good build, or whether you actually know how to use your weapon / frame.

At the moment having a mastery rank over 8 means nothing. It's not a testament to skill, more like the availability of better weapons. This might be the reason higher mastery rank players may be preferred, I don't really know. I'm a mastery rank 16 player with over 1000 hours in the game and I sill get myself killed a lot wither by not paying attention or killing myself with explosives.

I've noticed a ton of people posting in the recruiting tab and they always ask for mastery rank. My question is, do you guys/gals really think ones mastery rank is a testament of their skill? 

Personally I see it only as the amount of weapons and warframes built. I've seen M15's with half my in game time, yet they are prefered over someone who may be level 4, but a great player. 

So I leave it to you. Do you think mastery means anything other than their collection of goodies?

It means absolutely nothing. I played for months and months at rank 3 or so, simply because there was nothing beyond the Galatine and Boltor that I wanted, and I had fun and did well playing like that.  Then I wanted the Soma, and it took me *maybe* a week to get to rank 7.... getting Mastery Ranks is extremely easy if you know how. Since then, I haven't bothered taking Mastery Tests (I'd probably be like 12 now if I did) because there's no real need for me to do so.

I've actually had people try to tell me I didn't know what I was doing in Warframe because my mastery wasn't high enough. I am Mastery 12 with 700+ hours in game, but I know it means nothing to the reasonably minded player. They may have M15 but not a single 'good' build, or they can be great at mastery 2 using a loadout of Boltor Prime, Lex Prime and Orthos Prime. All of which are great when throwing forma at them and require no higher than M2.

Currently, you only need to get to Rank 8 to get access to all of the available weapons. After that, it's just a number. I think DE is planning to do reward you for higher Mastery Rank in the future, but I'm not sure. But yeah, right now it's not required for you to get to Rank 16 just to get everything in the game.