Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I The Only One Who Liked The Ember's Old World On Fire?

Icebreccer

I mean visually. Those beautiful circling fireballs and running enemies burning till they were reduced to ashes. It looked so gentle yet deadly.

The new one is just so unfitting for the Ember. Those lame fire bursts erupting from the ground. Those and sounds make it seem such a cheap movie like "explosions here and there" kinda ability. I'd say this ability would fit better for a male Ember if it was ever created.

So am I the only one who preferred the old World on Fire visuals over the new "hardcore" one?

I remember my first reaction to the new "boom-boom-boom" WoF being recoiling at how completely unsightly it was.

A change was not necessary, and I feel that the change was not for the better.

I liked the old one better until I used Ember again after a long break, and I now really like the violent fire spumes.  Perhaps it will return those as an optional ability?

Edited by Rajko

It'd be nice if one could choose, though.

A million times this. More options are always welcome.

I'd personally like to see the old WoF released as a separate ability mod, or perhaps released as a "4" for hypothetical Blaze (assuming that Blaze and Ember will be able to exchange abilities).

I like the new one, though I do miss the area indicator that tells you exactly where enemies will start erupting into flames.

As for the mechanics, I wish it hit all enemies in range, not just three at a time. I mean everyone else's ulti hits everything at once. Why not Ember's?