Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Are Vitality And Redirection Calculated?

(PSN)Guerrilian

Because it says +440%, but when I put it level 30 Volt, I don't get 2,430 Shield Points from the 450 base points, I get about 1100. 

Its calculated from the original base shields, it looks like. Why? Did they find in testing that it somehow ruined fun because frames were too durable? That only seems to ruin fun if you are staying around the inner solar system. If anything, it would push higher players out of lower levels because they wouldn't be challenging enough to keep them engaged.

And if you find you don't need more hit points, you could just, you know, stop leveling the fusion core sink that are Vitality and Redirections. 

Is it to late, since older players have gotten used to it? What gives?

Its based off the frames level 0 health and shields and not the stats of the frame at level 30.

Having over 2k shields/health would be horrible, the game is easy enough as it is, no need to make it easier. Enemies only do enough damage at like wave 150+ in defense in order to be able to kill a warframe with over 2k health/shields.

Edit: In order for it be balanced to work with frames at whatever level they are, the health/redirection mods would need to be cut in half of what they do. Instead of being at 40% they would need to be at 20% per upgrade or lower.

Edited by Dtexas

Its based off the frames level 0 health and shields and not the stats of the frame at level 30.

Having over 2k shields/health would be horrible, the game is easy enough as it is, no need to make it easier. Enemies only do enough damage at like wave 150+ in defense in order to be able to kill a warframe with over 2k health/shields.

What about T4 Survival into the later stages where nearly everything is one shot and a mobile brick to our weapons?

On another note; is it me or do the mods max out shield and health long before we max out the mod? In my case my Excalibur remains at a certain number.

Power creep isn't a problem in itself. People want challenges, but saying "It can't be more powerful because then it would be more powerful" is not an argument I can agree with. If the definition of power creep is that it eliminates fun, I take back my first sentence. 

Sure, you can hardly balance a game around endless defense or survival. I'm not talking about that. Not everyone is as good at the game at the game as saying the entire game is easy. If Redirection, Vitality, Vigor, and Flow scaled to affinity based states, players that find the game too easy can just stick to under leveled versions of those mods as self imposed challenges. As long as people stopped and tweaked their load out, they would lose nothing. They could decide their level of thrill while less adept players and players that want to farm at peak levels have a slightly larger margin of error. 

I think there should be multiple versions of Redirection and Vitality, Common, Uncommon, and Rare.

Common would give the same as now, 440% off of base at rank 10.

Uncommon would give 660% off the base at rank 10.

Rare would give 880% off the base at rank 10.

It would make Tower 4 Survival and Defense less dumb at 40+ Minutes or 50+ Waves where heavy gunners can drop in in under 2 seconds, and it would let the players choose what to equip, so if you want a challenge you can use the common, but when you plan to long haul survival or defense, you can whip out the uncommon or rare.

Plus to justify the power, the rarer ones would obviously be much harder to rank up than the common ones.

Pretty much what Dtexas said. We have enough issues with the scaling on those mods already, don't need to make it worse.

How would this make it worse. Magnetic Damage  kicks shields and especially energy in the teeth. Toxic damage eats through health (though I admit, mostly on higher levels). 

Players want a challenge, but they also want to feel stronger as they progress. Higher levels unlock more powerful and troublesome enemies. If health, shields, and energy scaled to affinity, you'd be able to tailor your experience yourself. If someone feels they are untouchable and thus boringly powerful, they can use that edge to craft weaker versions of mods in exponentially less time. Or, if they feel underwhelmed because of using both Redi and Vitality , they can take one off or use Vigor instead.of both.

Actually, what's to stop players from doing that now? Why are players saying they can't get a challenge when they can easily go to weaker mods and intensify their experience? The dev's excuse for having abilites on the drop table is that you can have multiple versions of the same mod. Why not take that reasoning and use it with these mods. 

I know I'm not the only one to bring this up, but surely there is a way to self-impose a challenge for every time the game feels too easy. 

For instance: One of my cousin's plays nothing but hard mode. I told him his current follower in Skyrim was technically unkillable and he fired her on the spot, just to get a companion that could die. He had to ask me what the game was like on Hard Core on Fallout: New Vegas because even trying the game on lower difficulties had never crossed his mind.