Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki Prime Or Nova - High Round T4 Missions

Vizsla

Question

i have both loki prime and nova, but i want to know which would be better for high round T4 missions wave 60+ or 60+ survivals. and what loadout. I'm not totally familiar with all the best guns or mods, but my end goal is to be able to survive T4 to ridiculous waves or times or if there is a different frame you suggest i would like to know too and why.

thanks ahead of time!

Edited by Vizsla

14 answers to this question

If a teammate can go one, just go with the other

Loki's amazing for RD, but if you're going to the point where melee units can take down your pod easily, Nova's MP will help slow them down a lot. Also, double damage never hurt anyone and there's always AMD

Boltor Prime is a good all-around primary. Penta and Soma are also good too. Other choices are Synapse and Amprex. Paris Prime can also be good too, but is still out-done by the other high-tier weapons.  For secondary, Brakk, Angstrum, and Marelok are viable options. For melee, Dakra Prime with Crimson Dervish, Dragon Nikana, and Dual Ichors are great. Melee in general are still out-done by guns, so using them for life-stealing will be your best option.

Loki. His utility is always useful, and radial disarm will make enemies a joke. Nova's damage will fall off.

On t4 survival, its probably best not to use nova for her damage (unless you're good with particle drop, you can hit the damage cap with that skill, so obviously its dmg doesn't fall off.) Molecular Prime doubles damage applied to any enemies effected, so it helps your whole team. Also, when enemies are moving (and shooting) at 30% speed, you'll see a noticeable decrease in teammate deaths (and likely your own lol.) This is my Nova build for void: http://goo.gl/V0eOuj

Although I personally prefer Nova to Loki for squad support, I don't think one's better than the other. Best is when you have both together, and enemies are moving at 30% speed, taking double damage, unable to shoot their guns, taking damage cap explosions, and dealing with an invisible assassin (add Nyx into the mix and its overkill.)

Melee in general are still out-done by guns, so using them for life-stealing will be your best option.

Generally true, but invis makes them viable quite a bit longer. After 60 min in t4 survival, it is probably best to switch to guns or abilities to kill enemies.

Generally true, but invis makes them viable quite a bit longer. After 60 min in t4 survival, it is probably best to switch to guns or abilities to kill enemies.

as loki, i tend to mod my melee/secondary for status if the party doesn't have the corrosive aura although i much prefer the aura. finding a group that can go beyond 40 minutes in T4 by pubbing is hell however.

In high level play, Loki's main use is radial disarm. You'll want to maximize range and possibly power efficiency (although Loki has a pretty large pool of energy already).

Nova's used for Molecular Prime, of course. Again, high range is a must. However, the choice becomes whether you take Overextended or not. If you take a maxed Overextended, then M.Prime actually makes enemies move faster. This seems like a bad thing, but combine it with Radial Disarm and Vortex, and you can go through defense waves amazingly fast.

In high level play, Loki's main use is radial disarm. You'll want to maximize range and possibly power efficiency (although Loki has a pretty large pool of energy already).

Nova's used for Molecular Prime, of course. Again, high range is a must. However, the choice becomes whether you take Overextended or not. If you take a maxed Overextended, then M.Prime actually makes enemies move faster. This seems like a bad thing, but combine it with Radial Disarm and Vortex, and you can go through defense waves amazingly fast.

Loki can also move around while invisable, allowing him to pop life support, res allies, and extract if necessary. Because of this, duration is also essential.

In regards to nova, range no longer affects the area covered by mprime, just the radius of prime explosions (which become useless late-game on t4 survival and defense.) Duration effects the area, so you want a max duration build. For a void build Nova, blind rage is necessary for max slow, and narrow for max duration. I would stay away from other corrupteds for that build. Also, don't count out Particle drop, if you know how to use it, it can be every bit as valuable as mprime.

Edit: Also, in regards to superspeed mprime (overextended, negative power strength, makes enemies faster), its very useful for defense farming with the proper allies (like Nyx and Vauban.) I wouldn't use it on any other game-type than defense, and even then its best used against infested (unless radial disarm is used, and allies like nyx and vauban can catch the enemies, and that's pretty risky, a well-coordinated squad is needed.)

Edited by Snowman486

Loki can also move around while invisable, allowing him to pop life support, res allies, and extract if necessary. Because of this, duration is also essential.

In regards to nova, range no longer affects the area covered by mprime, just the radius of prime explosions (which become useless late-game on t4 survival and defense.) Duration effects the area, so you want a max duration build. For a void build Nova, blind rage is necessary for max slow, and narrow for max duration. I would stay away from other corrupteds for that build. Also, don't count out Particle drop, if you know how to use it, it can be every bit as valuable as mprime.

Edit: Also, in regards to superspeed mprime (overextended, negative power strength, makes enemies faster), its very useful for defense farming with the proper allies (like Nyx and Vauban.) I wouldn't use it on any other game-type than defense, and even then its best used against infested (unless radial disarm is used, and allies like nyx and vauban can catch the enemies, and that's pretty risky, a well-coordinated squad is needed.)

a nyx in the pod with vauban sitting next to her will make the pod untouchable except by melee, loki disarms which makes the enemies swarm the pod and vauban uses vortex preventing them from reaching it.

you can go as far as your damage allows you, and you still have a fourth slot, which a nova with the above mentioned fast build can help with.

a nyx in the pod with vauban sitting next to her will make the pod untouchable except by melee, loki disarms which makes the enemies swarm the pod and vauban uses vortex preventing them from reaching it.

you can go as far as your damage allows you, and you still have a fourth slot, which a nova with the above mentioned fast build can help with.

It can work, but I consider it to do this strategy against high-level non-infested enemies. The enemies, regardless of the factions, get to the point where they can 1 hit the pod. However, against non-infested, if the loki misses a cast (which I have seen happen, unfortunately) the pods dead in seconds. Even if you have a nyx absorbing the damage and drawing aggro, a stray corpus grenade can 1-hit the pod. Obviously when this happens depends on where you are farming, and the likelihood of it happening depends on who you're farming with. 

I'm simply saying that, even with a loki, superspeed defense farming is very risky against factions other than infested. Also, exempting mod farms and void prime part farms, there's no reason to farm anything other than infested. XP is the same, as are resources (actually, all the best places to farm resources are dark sectors, and you can only farm from infested there...) 

It's a viable strategy, but unless you're farming faction-exclusive mods (for which you would want at least 1 nekros, making things more risky) or prime parts, it doesn't make much sense. Also, as the risk level is higher by default, superspeed nova is like pouring fuel on the fire (at least at higher waves.) To add even more risk to the mix, consider the new energy sapping leaders in the void (shock extimus?) Loki getting sapped by one far into a t4 def=very bad.

In summary, superspeed farming against factions other than infested is more risky, and there is little reason to do so in terms of reward.

Edited by Snowman486

It can work, but I consider it to do this strategy against high-level non-infested enemies. The enemies, regardless of the factions, get to the point where they can 1 hit the pod. However, against non-infested, if the loki misses a cast (which I have seen happen, unfortunately) the pods dead in seconds. Even if you have a nyx absorbing the damage and drawing aggro, a stray corpus grenade can 1-hit the pod. Obviously when this happens depends on where you are farming, and the likelihood of it happening depends on who you're farming with. 

I'm simply saying that, even with a loki, superspeed defense farming is very risky against factions other than infested. Also, exempting mod farms and void prime part farms, there's no reason to farm anything other than infested. XP is the same, as are resources (actually, all the best places to farm resources are dark sectors, and you can only farm from infested there...) 

It's a viable strategy, but unless you're farming faction-exclusive mods (for which you would want at least 1 nekros, making things more risky) or prime parts, it doesn't make much sense. Also, as the risk level is higher by default, superspeed nova is like pouring fuel on the fire (at least at higher waves.) To add even more risk to the mix, consider the new energy sapping leaders in the void (shock extimus?) Loki getting sapped by one far into a t4 def=very bad.

In summary, superspeed farming against factions other than infested is more risky, and there is little reason to do so in terms of reward.

thankfully loki's disarm removes eximi skills, but the grenade point is very true. if the loki can't get there in time there's gonna be issues.

of course the vauban can provide some good backup throwing vortexes in specific points, but i was mainly refering to T4 defense since there's no point to farm anything else for such long periods, even if i'm gonna farm faction specifics i'd rather do it in survival. obviously not infested though, for that i just bring my vauban and a penta to a dark sector and solo the damn thing until i'm bored out of my mind (so like round 5 or 10.)

Edited by (PS4)CrimsonShinku