Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is The Point Of 5P Trades?

I actually gave someone a 5P mod for an AUra not evne worth 1 P, just to give it to someone that wanted it. Spent 2 trades "losing" plat to help a friend. "ooooh wasn't 20 Plat, someone call the G3, harvester AND Stalker on them"

Seriously, look at Team Fortress 2, as a specific example, we'll use the price of Keys, no?

In trading, once upon a time, Keys were worth 4.66 Refined Metal each. as time went on, less and less people were selling keys, and more and more people were after the lower supply, so prises started to rise. I know someone, during those events that paid money and bought 50 keys, and sold them for 2 Refined each, to help out the market. The price went down about 1 Refined for a while.

What you're proposing is to set a Floor, to prevent something like this for happeneing. WHy? SO *YOU* can make more Platinum selling garbage that, if you can't sell, no one wants for that price. It's just like the Materials in Spiral Knights. Beast Fangs STILL sell very high, even though they're a REALLY low-level material, BECAUSE they're used in a lot of popular item sets.There's crafting items of higher tiers that people won't even pay the price of ONE beast fang for.

Rather than complain that DE needs to step in and regulate trade, like EA would probably do if they had a game with trading, I say, let them act more likve Valve/3-Rings. Leave it hands-off, the more trading happens, the more people are inclined to purchaes platinum with money for that trading. I know that I plan to purchase some for trading eventually, even if it's just to trade for a bit. If you're having issues selling, BECOME one of uis "Blebian scubs" that are selling for 5P, you have limited trades anyway, and regardless, you'll have *MORE* plat after the sell than BEFORE it, no?

TL;DR: Trading is fine as-is, Valve and 3-Rings use similar trading systems, it does promote purcahsing platinum, and We need more of a refined trading system, like Steam Trading.

Why do you even suggest a trade floor?

When I had less trades, if there were trades that weren't worth 20p of business or more, I just chose not to make them. Now since I have more trades, I can do more of the nickel and dime trades.

If you want to have a self-imposed trade floor by all means knock yourself out, but that doesn't mean you should have in any right the ability to take away other players' rights to do small trades.

Why do you even suggest a trade floor?

When I had less trades, if there were trades that weren't worth 20p of business or more, I just chose not to make them. Now since I have more trades, I can do more of the nickel and dime trades.

If you want to have a self-imposed trade floor by all means knock yourself out, but that doesn't mean you should have in any right the ability to take away other players' rights to do small trades.

You seem to be the type of player that will spam "wtb -insert new hot weapon / frame- for 25p" for hours and days instead of actually farming or paying what is worth at the time

Like most people Itt.

You seem to be the type of player that will spam "wtb -insert new hot weapon / frame- for 25p" for hours and days instead of actually farming or paying what is worth at the time

Like most people Itt.

And you seem to be the type of player who sells junk mods and parts for grossly inflated prices.

And you seem to be the type of player who sells junk mods and parts for grossly inflated prices.

I don't sell much if at all. I don't need the plat, I'd rather transmute or sell for creds.

Brb going to dojo

host migration

haggling and waiting at the trade window

just made 5p for 10 minutes of my time

Brb...

No thx. You're better off looking for pennies on the ground

You aren't going to steal my customer because a 5p trade isn't worth my time or anyone else's...

Trade needs a price floor, period

no price floor if anything it need a ceiling, you "sellers" are con artists to say the least.  I get it if someone is willing to pay 200p for a loki prime systems then its their stupidity but look what patience can get you, I got a cicero set yesterday for 20 plat. they were 1200 a few weeks ago.  Same goes for Rhino Prime and all other stuff in the game, people feel this need to have everything the second it comes out and they end up overpaying for a mediocore product then regret it once people start paying half of what they paid for it.

Trade in general in this game needs regulation, set prices for all mods, parts and everything to balance the terrible in game economy and to eliminate some of the terrible terrible sellers that this community has.

I don't sell much if at all. I don't need the plat, I'd rather transmute or sell for creds.

Brb going to dojo

host migration

Brb...

Well I think you've just had bad experiences with the trade system and don't grasp the concept of saving. If you've noticed, the trade chat is available to view in your dojo, so you can stand right next to your trading post, make a deal, invite the person and be done in under a minute. Putting in a price floor would be a slap in the face to players who don't have money to spend on platinum because it would discourage trading on everything but big-ticket items.

Brb going to dojo

host migration

Brb...

If you're not buying/selling things at these cheap prices, why do you care if other people do?

no price floor if anything it need a ceiling, you "sellers" are con artists to say the least. I get it if someone is willing to pay 200p for a loki prime systems then its their stupidity but look what patience can get you, I got a cicero set yesterday for 20 plat. they were 1200 a few weeks ago. Same goes for Rhino Prime and all other stuff in the game, people feel this need to have everything the second it comes out and they end up overpaying for a mediocore product then regret it once people start paying half of what they paid for it.

Trade in general in this game needs regulation, set prices for all mods, parts and everything to balance the terrible in game economy and to eliminate some of the terrible terrible sellers that this community has.

So patience is a synonym for being cheap... Lol at the thought of wasting hours trying to low ball people instead of instead of adding an reasonable offer and going on about your day

I wanted critical delay and I didn't want to do the stupid key thing in the derelicts so I offered 50p and and got offers immediately

I should've offered 5p for it then spammed trade chat for a few days while I'm waiting on the dojo with the window open doing exactly nothing...

Edited by (PS4)youngn0121

Well I think you've just had bad experiences with the trade system and don't grasp the concept of saving. If you've noticed, the trade chat is available to view in your dojo, so you can stand right next to your trading post, make a deal, invite the person and be done in under a minute. Putting in a price floor would be a slap in the face to players who don't have money to spend on platinum because it would discourage trading on everything but big-ticket items.

Its not just that, cheap doesn't always equal good. This bottom feeder attitude is what's wrong with people now and days.

Not talking about you specifically just speaking in general

Well, other games have made it easy to pawn cheap crap off especially Guild Wars 2 where you can spawn off your items instantly to bidding players without the need to contact them.

Seems your issue is about laziness. the fact that you must get invited to Dojo, initiate trade, repeat over and over going through 2 login screens and potentially more due to connection issues, etc. All time consuming and energy wasting.

or do i have to read the thread to find out how you truly feel?

Because you know how i feel about reading this damn thread.

7 pages...pft...