Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alert Afk Players

Zrazies

This probably going get locked or deleted but every single time I had been in Alert mission and there's always at least 2 players AFK while others even me doing all the work. This is getting old.. Especially Alert for a cell just few minutes ago. A player standing right at spawn spot while 3 of us trying to defend for 10 waves.

Last time I actually AFK with a other player that were AFK while defend mission from last few alert ago. It end up failed mission... Tough for that player.

DE need do something about it. At least let us have vote to kick or have it automatic kick a player for amount of time while AFK

I know about SOLO mission but some of Alert mission is easier to be completed with players than SOLO it. Example of last alert mission for cell few minutes ago for defending.

Edited by Zrazies

i think there are better responses to this rather than dont name and shame.

to be honest....if they willingly and knowingly going afk...i think they should be named and shamed for the sheer fact that they are exploiting other players effort without prior notice....saying dont name and shame points the finger towards yourself either because you have clan mates that go afk or you yourself have gone afk several times and dont want to take the blame

i definitely agree with the OP because there are a ton of people that constantly afk on alerts or event missions

granted i can understand if they cannot keep up with the rest of the team in terms of damage, kills or speed....but dont just afk

the vote kick thing is a good idea but its been an idea that has been passed around for awhile.....so i highly doubt it will happen

kicking individuals after a timer for afk will not work either because they will just periodically move around to avoid the kick timer....they always find a way to exploit...

vote kicking is a better option but needs to be regulated properly

Edited by sekushiiandee

i think there are better responses to this rather than dont name and shame.

to be honest....if they willingly and knowingly going afk...i think they should be named and shamed for the sheer fact that they are exploiting other players effort without prior notice....saying dont name and shame points the finger towards yourself either because you have clan mates that go afk or you yourself have gone afk several times and dont want to take the blame

i definitely agree with the OP because there are a ton of people that constantly afk on alerts or event missions

granted i can understand if they cannot keep up with the rest of the team in terms of damage, kills or speed....but dont just afk

the vote kick thing is a good idea but its been an idea that has been passed around for awhile.....so i highly doubt it will happen

kicking individuals after a timer for afk will not work either because they will just periodically move around to avoid the kick timer....they always find a way to exploit...

vote kicking is a better option but needs to be regulated properly

Well I thought of one thing. But I'm not sure but AFK player don't receive any reward from alert if AFK had done nothing. Like you see stats end of the mission. If it end up all 0% in that player stats and receive no rewards.

I had been around gaming for many years and yes of course players always want to earn many reward for free even do nothing and still earn the reward. Even so I don't see any point of play the game if you don't want do anything and still earn the reward.

Edited by Zrazies

That is exactly what stupid AFKers deserve.

Part of the problem with name and shame is that we only get one side of the story and we can't do any kind of follow up to find out what happened.  I personally am not keen on the concept of someone running around telling other players that I AFK/leech when I don't, especially since there isn't really any way to find out if that's happening.

When I run into AFK'ers, I drag mobs to them and let them die before finishing the mission.  They get no shared experience or credits that way.  If I run into them often, they get put on ignore and I just bail anytime they show up on the team list.

Also, this isn't really an alerts sub-forum topic.  You might want to go to the feedback sub-forum next time.  

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/193-feedback-categories/ 

My solution to AFK players:

>Be a Valkyr

>Pull AFK players into dangerous areas: In front of enemies, pit of fire, etc.

>Get popcorn

>Watch the fun

>????

>Profit.

This is so wrong but it serves justice where it's due.

We should have a "kick" option for the squad, period. I don't appreciate when I'm hosting a T4, asked for people with endgame gear and next thing I know they're activating lasers and life support early dying etc...

/rant

Unfortunately, unless you hosted that alert, which makes me think you didn't, it isn't really their fault you are expecting sharp players even though you chose to do it being "online" (doesn't change the fact that they're scumbags).

Part of the problem with name and shame is that we only get one side of the story and we can't do any kind of follow up to find out what happened.  I personally am not keen on the concept of someone running around telling other players that I AFK/leech when I don't, especially since there isn't really any way to find out if that's happening.

When I run into AFK'ers, I drag mobs to them and let them die before finishing the mission.  They get no shared experience or credits that way.  If I run into them often, they get put on ignore and I just bail anytime they show up on the team list.

Also, this isn't really an alerts sub-forum topic.  You might want to go to the feedback sub-forum next time.  

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/193-feedback-categories/ 

I completely forgot all about putting a player in ignore list. But good to know that this game doesn't put you in same mission with a player that you put in ignore list. One game I forgot but I used to play long time ago had that ignore list that it won't put you in with them when you're in group.

>Be a Valkyr

>Get popcorn

>Watch the fun

>????

>Profit.

Now why I didn't think of that. Good thing I built her last week and leveling her up now. I'll make sure I'll use her next time for alert mission. Edited by Zrazies

>Be a Valkyr

>Get popcorn

>Watch the fun

>????

>Profit.

Why Valkyr when you can use Loki or Nova if you do it right. :3

I completely forgot all about putting a player in ignore list. But good to know that this game doesn't put you in same mission with a player that you put in ignore list. One game I forgot but I used to play long time ago had that ignore list that it won't put you in with them when you're in group.

Well I thought of one thing. But I'm not sure but AFK player don't receive any reward from alert if AFK had done nothing. Like you see stats end of the mission. If it end up all 0% in that player stats and receive no rewards.

Actually, the game will still put you in a squad with someone who is on your ignore list. I ignored someone at one point and later in the day I was in a squad with them again. It just makes it so if they say something you cannot see it, as far as I can tell.

Also, on the flip side, I've been placed in many alerts when all the enemies have been killed or there are only one or two more that get killed before it even finishes loading on exterminate missions. Sort of lame to not get to do anything, and getting no reward and having the game eat up your ability to re-run the mission is lame too for something I have no control over. Sometimes though I get the reward because I can at least run to the extraction point, unless the game spawns me at the beginning or somewhere super far away.

Oh, and why is there even this forums section? The Twitter and RSS feeds are a much better and more complete method of getting alerts. There are even apps you can run that will notify you as soon as they come up. :P

Edited by CedarDpg

It seems as though there are many good idea's to preventing the AFK machine. Why not all of them? Because then they would need to bring on additional staff for support tickets when you do participate and get nothing for it because bugs do occasionally occur.

I do like the 0/0/0/0 Idea. No participation, no reward. This may bring on the argument that it is unfair to casual players who end up in games with min-maxers or elitist who end every match with >95% of the stats but as long as the requirement is 0/0/0/0 I think that may be avoidable. It could then spark the afk'ers in to participating for a kill or 2 and then afking again but anything is better than nothing, right?

I know sometimes, I've done it once, where I clicked to queue up for a team, and then tabbed because it was taking awhile to get a team, youtubing and what not, came back and my team was halfway through the darn alert. Of course I did participate for the remainder, which is better than being totally afk, but I'm sure it still annoys people who are down a team member. What I'm saying here is that although it isn't right, it doesn't always happen intentionally.