Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Don't Make Dual Pyranas

NikolaiLev

Dual sidearms are great.  Weapons like akstiletto and twin gremlins are stylish and fun to use.  What's not fun is the grind associated with having to have the slots to craft two weapons just to craft a variant that is completely superior.

What's more; this type of weapon releasing punishes players for investing in weapons they enjoy.  People who forma or potato weapons like Cestra got shafted when the dual version came out, which rendered their weapon essentially obsolete.

So please; don't continue release a single version and then come out with a completely superior dual version later.  Prime gear is one thing, but this is just tiresome.

Why not just only release the dual version, or release both side-by-side and make an effort to make both valid choices?

What's more; this type of weapon releasing punishes players for investing in weapons they enjoy.  People who forma or potato weapons like Cestra got shafted when the dual version came out, which rendered their weapon essentially obsolete.

What were you going to do when they released Pyrana Prime?

Question: Is this just a general statement against certain kinds of dual weapons or is there information going around about Dual Pyranas (or rather, AKPyranas).

Or both?

I'm fairly certain dual pyranas were planned from the get go, considering its similarity to the Bronco.

I'm hoping this post will at least make them reconsider.

What were you going to do when they released Pyrana Prime?

Prime gear is another problem entirely.  But because it's harder to get, people "expect" it to be more powerful.  I find that poor game design, but not everyone agrees.

This is an effort to at least keep the "mundane" gear fairly balanced to widen the scope of valid choices.  Prime gear seems doomed to be forever superior (except in older cases like Braton Prime), and it's stuff I've already posted about.

I remember making a Pyrana and telling myself explicitly not to catalyst them or forma them. Then in a moment of weakness after I found I sorta liked them at lvl 30 I accidentally popped a potato in without thinking. Then again a week or so later I forma'd them absentmindedly while making a forma loadout to level. Never again. Until a system is implemented to somehow convert or partially recover sidearm potatoes/forma I dread the day they akimbo Detron or Marelok. Either that or hopefully they will make new akimbo sets going forward sidegrades similar to Bronco Primes.

I can't promise/predict anything with certainty, but it seems like Tenno sidearms are very prone to being akimbo'd. Grineer and Corpus not as much, though the Dual Cestra exist so yeah.

Edited by rehspuhkuh

Why?. if you like the single version then just use the single version, why the dual will affect you?, usually dual version have less accuracy and more reload time (correct me if im wrong, cant tell if it applies this logic here, lazy to check my self).

Then only forma or potato your favourites, and you'll have spares of each!

I'm fairly certain dual pyranas were planned from the get go, considering its similarity to the Bronco.

Well if that is what you're basing assumptions on... we won't see a dual version until 2015. :P

Also, the more dual weapons the better. As it sounds like your only complaint is needing a slot, put in the effort and sell your spare prime parts for plat. Pretty easy to make enough to get slots or potatoes these days. Either way, we all enjoy a weapon we enjoy, regardless of some new variant coming out. Don't even get on the 'but I already...' train. You have all the time in the world to acquire additional Forma and Catalysts.

Dual sidearms are great.  Weapons like akstiletto and twin gremlins are stylish and fun to use.  What's not fun is the grind associated with having to have the slots to craft two weapons just to craft a variant that is completely superior.

So please; don't continue release a single version and then come out with a completely superior dual version later.  Prime gear is one thing, but this is just tiresome.

Why not just only release the dual version, or release both side-by-side and make an effort to make both valid choices?

dual versions are not necessarily superior. Take the vasto and akvasto for example, the vasto is much more accurate and designed for longer range because of it. Since the Akvasto has a more inaccurate fire but a faster RATE of fire it is much better used at a closer distance. You can make both weapons and use them for different occasions.

Also, to fix the effort, such as forma and catalysts, that are put into single weapons and then made useless (as you say) when the dual ones come out, Why not just allow the forma and potato to carry over to the second stage ("upgrade" to dual weapons or just a plain upgrade like the lato to the bolto or the nikana to the dragon nikana)?

Edited by Brawleee

What's not fun is the grind associated with having to have the slots to craft two weapons just to craft a variant that is completely superior.

That's not much of a grind... Considering how many prime parts people get duplicates of when farming for a specific item, the ability to trade for plat is always a possibility (It's what 12 plat for weapon slots or something?)

Also, Akimbo weapons have a tradeoff - Firerate and Magazine Capacity for Accuracy and Reload speed. Akpyrana seems like it would be very high burst damage but with a hideously long reload time, making it not a completely superior weapon.

How does it punish them for investing in weapons they enjoy? By investing Potatoes (Can be obtained for free after Devstreams and occasionally found in Invasion rewards) and Forma (Can be found for free in the Void - Often the same people who complain about "Wasted forma" also complain about having 40+ forma from farming in the Void for prime parts) they get several months of using a weapon they enjoy before the "Upgrade" comes out which may or may not be a direct upgrade.

How is it any different to investing in to an already Primed/Akimbo weapon and "Wasting Potatoes and Forma" and having a new weapon for the slot be released that is also fun to use and may or may not be directly superior?

You spend resources on weapons because you like them (Or because you get free plat from being sponsored and can afford to potato and forma every weapon) - That's the whole point, you get enjoyment out of it until the next shiny thing comes asking for your resources that you built up using your shiny potatoed weapons.

I'm all for AKPyranas, and with regards to OP's complaints about Prime weapons and how people "expect them to be better because they're rarer", well, what do you expect? In the history of MMORPGs with linear progression rarer gear has almost always been better than common gear. If they weren't, a majority of the players initially interested in the rarer variants will lose interest simply because it would be time investment into practically nothing.

Pepz, on 09 Jul 2014 - 3:52 PM, said:Pepz, on 09 Jul 2014 - 3:52 PM, said:

Why?. if you like the single version then just use the single version, why the dual will affect you?, usually dual version have less accuracy and more reload time (correct me if im wrong, cant tell if it applies this logic here, lazy to check my self).

Well if you haven't noticed, dual weapons are much stronger. Akmagnus laughs at the Magnus, Dual Cestra laughs at the Cestra, Akvasto laughs at the Vasto. Dual Cestra is superior to the Cestra because it's already an inaccurate weapon so Dual Cestra doubles the amount of shots that will actually hit a target.

But in Warframe, it's all about having the strongest weapon if you want to do some of the higher content, which means you have to forfeit whatever weapon you have whether it's forma'd and supercharged and get the dual version of the same weapon which offers better stats all around. If you thought the Lex was awesome for a credit only sidearm, then you should really try the Aklex. If you thought the Viper was good, then you should try Dual Vipers.

Edited by __Kanade__

EDIT : Had read only the title and not the op.

I totally agree with you TC, those changes would be very welcome, being able to choose akimbo or not allows for some planning resource-wise.

As for the thread title?

AKPyranas is my most anticipated AK thus far, they will look AWESOME on my Hydroid, so, since the harm has already been done, I will have to disagreewith that.

Edited by (PS4)DanteVincent

The core of these problems is that DE brands a few number of weapons viable for lvl 40+ and the rest just trash mob killers.

Armor system is broken as hell right now.

They've nerfed Nova and Trinity after stating that fighting infinitely scaling enemies isn't endgame. Then what exactly is?

That question needs answering.

And if you think about infinity, where within infinity range is the balancing area? That's why the devs don't(logically can't) do it.

I agree with OP. Dual Versions shouldn't have other stats except accuracy, fire rate, mag size and reload speed. Maybe recoil, because you don't have two hands to hold one pistol anymore.

Two Ferraris aren't faster than one. Two weapons shouldn't to miraculously more or less damage per shot.

Aklex is a good example for literally better dual versions. Accuracy is still good enough to snipe with them.

And that's why I fear polarizing my Lex Prime, because I know someday we'll see Aklex Prime.

Edited by SIDESTRE4M

IF they listen to you, we will never every have any dual version's of the weapon's, You don't have to make the dual version's. But if some one else want to do it at the cost of loosing their forma or blue's then that's there choice.

Yeah, I agree. All Single weapons when converted to dual should keep its forma and catalyst that would be a lot better.

I agree that what they should be doing, atleast let you pay for it using your cash and not plat. Because other wise there's no point to it and you might as well not forma or catalyst side arm at all. But yea there should be a optional option to carry them over.

I think they need to change how they do things from here on...

Have certain pistols designed to go together (Akstilleto) and then never release a single version (i.e the Afuris if I recall correctly, needs to have 2 Furis built).

Then design pistols that only go on its own (Pyrana is a good example) with good decent stats and some unique feature to it so it gets used (burst fire, super accuracy, crazy projectiles, whatever...).

Thirdly have both options (Lato and Aklato) where the dual version has higher magazine but much less accuracy regardless of pistol (Aklex really shouldn't exist, it should be a powerful single shot accurate low fire rate hand cannon) and the single version has increased accuracy over dual version with a MUCH faster reload time.

I hope we don't get Aklex prime... (there isn't one, is there?)