Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Machete Needs A Buff

KlarVyvern

The machete, a weapon I desired to own for a long time has finally landed in my lap, courtesy of Lotus. What I discovered is that it is really... bad.

There seems to be nearly no reason for using it over Skana except for it looking dope as Hek. A buff is really needed, weapons have been buffed before for similar reasons.

It doesn't even have to be a +1 Infinity item, it just have to posses decent viability and some sort of utility (higher Crit Chance/Status Chance maybe).

A decent buff could maybe place it to a similar level as the Heat Sword or the Ether Sword. Anywhere but rock bottom, that is Skanas' domain.

What are your thoughts on the matter?

Machete AND Machete Wraith need a buff. Right now, Machete Wraith is practically equal to a single Kama. And Wraiths are usually supposed to be better than average!

So you are just going to ignore Prova Vandal completely? It shares pretty much equal stats with Machete Wraith: Prova having a little bit higher damage and Machete having a little bit higher attack speed.

Edited by Taikaponi

Well, it's a reasonable request, why would you spend time and resources (or plat in some cases) for a weapon that is overshadowed by the butterknife you start with?

Of course it is man, I just said this because vets were seeing this weapon come back and were like :

Meh.gif

It wasn't a high tier.The stats were really average,etc...

A Machete buff as been asked for since forevah and tbh i thought that with Melee 2.0 that would be the case... but if to this moment they weren't given a well deserved nudge i don't see it happening anytime soon. One can only hope...

I was just about to make my own topic about this too.

Seriously though, 23 total damage. It's pathetic. 

I was looking forward to getting one too, but it's difficult to make an investment in it (catalyst and what not) when it's so weak to begin with.

I don't know anything about game programming and stuff, but I imagine it wouldn't be difficult to just get in there and change the damage values.

Well, it's a reasonable request, why would you spend time and resources (or plat in some cases) for a weapon that is overshadowed by the butterknife you start with?

Machete was comparable to the Skana, which is why it was removed, all the Machete had going for it was different attack animations and look, other than that, it was still just a Skana. It was one weapon I didn't care for when it was retired, a bummer this weapon was chosen first to be released from the vault.

This is why machete was removed in the first place.

Yup. It had an awful moveset on release if I'm not mistaken.

At least people who never got it then have it as a free blueprint now.

Edited by steak

If I remember right, it was removed because it wasn't popular due to poor damage and a bad animation set, not to mention that it seemed to miss enemies that you were swinging at... somehow. Fairly awful weapon.

Fixes and a buff were asked for by players, the response from DE was it being removed from the market.

Machete was comparable to the Skana, which is why it was removed, all the Machete had going for it was different attack animations and look, other than that, it was still just a Skana. It was one weapon I didn't care for when it was retired, a bummer this weapon was chosen first to be released from the vault.

I agree, give us ether daggers or something else, not this. I mean, they had a perfect opportunity to re-release this plus give it a nice healthy buff for those who had it before, but nope they just decided give it back as is. Such a shame too, I thought it would have been at least half decent.

Edited by (PS4)SCP-100912

because you wanted to? otherwise don't? 

I understand that line of thinking, I often use what most people call worthless weapons because they're fun to use. I play games for enjoyment and I have no doubt I will enjoy the little fun I can get out of the Machete.

My problem is that is a huge waste of a cool weapon here. I mean, the Dera used to only do 7 damage per shot but instead of removing it they simply buffed its damage.

The machete, a weapon I desired to own for a long time has finally landed in my lap, courtesy of Lotus. What I discovered is that it is really... bad.

There seems to be nearly no reason for using it over Skana except for it looking dope as Hek. A buff is really needed, weapons have been buffed before for similar reasons.

This is what we've been telling you guys since it was removed. It is bad. You should have listened to us.

I cant understand why the DE pick this weapon to give us know it have such terrible stats. I mean in a quick hotfix this weapon can be buffed in a minute, so why want they buff it. The machete is a pretty darn cool looking weapon. Why is it that such a cool design carry with it a terrible stat. I mean I know the DE must have know and look at the stats before releasing it.

Buff:

Damage 45... Machetes are powerful in real life so it should be powerful in games too.

Machete

Crit chance 15

Crit damage 2.0

Speed 1.0

Status 5... I cant see machete having magical powers like a katana or something so low status

Perfect

Machete Wraith

Damage 60

Crit Chance 25

Crit Damage 2.0

Speed 1.2

Status 10

Perfect

Edited by OrphanMaker