Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Machete Needs A Buff

KlarVyvern

This is what we've been telling you guys since it was removed. It is bad. You should have listened to us.

I knew it was bad, but the problem is that retiring it was unnecessary when a small buff would've made it worthwile to obtain other than for mastery grinding.

Edited by KlarVyvern

Ok, I'm just going to say it out loud:

Please state in what part of the game you are trying to take the Machete into and not getting the results you are after, and also explain what are actually those results.

I'm not being a $&*^ here, but there's already a TON of melee weapons, and now practically EVERYONE IN THE ENTIRE GAME will have a Machete, and if you make this one even 1% more combat efficient - and I'm looking at you, you min-max'ing freaks - then say, other fun looking stuff in the market, a lot of people might not get those instead.

I would carry different melee weapons in combat purely on the fact of them having interesting mechanics over damage. I hate having balances around damage, I find it a cop-out to acquiesce to player demand for damage balance when we can just have different weapons do fun stuff.

Look at how many mechanics just the Drakgoon has in ONE gun.

You could just add a tweak that allows the Machete to say, strike up to 3-5 targets only when used against Infected for example. It would be a unique mechanic, not add greatly to damage potential, but very useful for starting players dealing with starting Infested missions.

Please state in what part of the game you are trying to take the Machete into and not getting the results you are after, and also explain what are actually those results.

I'm not being a $&*^ here, but there's already a TON of melee weapons, and now practically EVERYONE IN THE ENTIRE GAME will have a Machete, and if you make this one even 1% more combat efficient - and I'm looking at you, you min-max'ing freaks - then say, other fun looking stuff in the market, a lot of people might not get those instead.

I would carry different melee weapons in combat purely on the fact of them having interesting mechanics over damage. I hate having balances around damage, I find it a cop-out to acquiesce to player demand for damage balance when we can just have different weapons do fun stuff.

You could just add a tweak that allows the Machete to say, strike up to 3-5 targets only when used against Infected for example. It would be a unique mechanic, not add greatly to damage potential, but very useful for starting players dealing with starting Infested missions.

We don't want it to be the best melee weapon out there. We want it to be a viable option instead of a piece of trash. Upping the damage a bit and increasing its proc chance and crit chance would be enough. Or just increase its proc chance by a hell load and keep the crit and damage low. But give it something to make it viable in the least.

If you read my post thoroughly I clearly state that I at most wish it to be a mediocre weapon or at the least not be worse than a weapon you obtain by starting a fresh profile.

Machete lacks a privilege that most if not all other melee weapons posses, to be modular. No matter what mods you give it, no matter which Warframe you synergyze it with or what strategy you use, It will never outperform anything. Every melee weapon in the game is a step above another one or posess a quirk that makes it unique, except for the Machete. This is what annoys me.

The role of weakest melee weapon should belong to the Skana, because it is supposed to encourage players to better their arsenal. It is also the only melee weapon that require no effort, time and resources to obtain. If I have to grind for rare resources in order to build a weapon that looks like it can carve a tank I expect it to be atleast be able to perform better,

To be honest us players don't care for a weapon stats. We just care for a weapon looks, that's what makes us wear it our not (its our identity). The machete is one bad-azz looking weapon and I would love to wear it on my back sometimes instead of my dragon Nikana. My dragon Nikana is cool looking but it don't fit my vibe. I like to blow stuff up and shoot stuff up! So I run a gorgon with loud "duh duh duhdhdhdhd" sound and an Angstrum but I would really love to have a futuristic glow in the dark bladed machete on my back. It says "im so badazz for me,"  and with a couple of badazz swings I would cut an enemy down to size!! There is nothing more badazz than a ninja with a machete. This is why the machete needs a buff, beside its stats being lower than the skana. Last, it is an embarrassment to wear the machete. The dragon nikana on the other had, is a testament to how badazz you are. Your a veteran tenno ninja. Its like it say for you "I'm a veteran-badazz-respect" and people respect. When I run my machete people instantly start tea-bagging and making jokes. It make me feel bad... nuff said

Edited by OrphanMaker

To be honest us players don't care for a weapon stats. We just care for a weapon looks, that's what makes us wear it our not (its our identity). The machete is one bad-azz looking weapon and I would love to wear it on my back sometimes instead of my dragon Nikana. My dragon Nikana is cool looking but it don't fit my vibe. I like to blow stuff up and shoot stuff up! So I run a gorgon with loud "duh duh duhdhdhdhd" sound and an Angstrum but I would really love to have a futuristic glow in the dark bladed machete on my back. It says "im so badazz for me,"  and with a couple of badazz swings I would cut an enemy down to size!! There is nothing more badazz than a ninja with a machete. This is why the machete needs a buff, beside its stats being lower than the skana. Last, it is an embarrassment to wear the machete. The dragon nikana on the other had, is a testament to how badazz you are. Your a veteran tenno ninja. Its like it say for you "I'm a veteran-badazz-respect" and people respect. When I run my machete people instantly start tea-bagging and making jokes. It make me feel bad... nuff said

Why not then use dual cleavers? They have same effect with machete and they are actually pretty good 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no. That may be how YOU decide what to use, but many players just use whatever weapon happens to be the DPS king. blah blah opinions opinions. You know why people respect the D.Nikana? They respect it because it does decent amounts of damage. They don't respect the machete because it is horrible. If all they cared about were the looks, they wouldn't be teabagging you. Your argument for buffing the machete wasn't really well thought out... was it?