Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Do The Devs Typically Read The Forums?

Kylecrafts

Employees of Digital Extremes have been interviewed in the past about their work schedule, and most of them mentioned that a few hours or more a day was dedicated to reading their relevant sections of the forums.

and on top of that, the Community Managers that compile feedback and present it to appropriate Employees as well.

lotttttta reading done by Digital Extremes. don't worry.

I'd just like to point out that reading is not the same thing as replying.  DE staffer reads the forums a lot more than they post, because pretty much any time a developer says anything the community treats it as a promise.  "Cool idea!" somehow translates into "It will be in the next major update" when gamers are involved.

AKA the lurking dev ftw.

Yaer, on 06 Jul 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

"I think no one has enough time to manage every post of this topic. The author wants the ability to post to remain available, probably to polish his ideas. But no DE member will read the replies anyway, so it doesn't matter if there are external ideas in them. It's up to these people to post their own topics. Only the OP matters."

Source: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/137875-a-complete-rework-of-the-foundation-of-warframe/page-59#entry2992793

"I think no one has enough time to manage every post of this topic. The author wants the ability to post to remain available, probably to polish his ideas. But no DE member will read the replies anyway, so it doesn't matter if there are external ideas in them. It's up to these people to post their own topics. Only the OP matters."

Source: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/137875-a-complete-rework-of-the-foundation-of-warframe/page-59#entry2992793

Well.. that is comforting knowing most ideas go down a drain somewhere.

Employees of Digital Extremes have been interviewed in the past about their work schedule, and most of them mentioned that a few hours or more a day was dedicated to reading their relevant sections of the forums.

and on top of that, the Community Managers that compile feedback and present it to appropriate Employees as well.

lotttttta reading done by Digital Extremes. don't worry.

my honour & respect to this :-)

i hate fish-soup ...

However partially disheartening that statement is, I cannot say it doesn't make sense.