Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mutalist Quanta Great Wep Or Not? O.o

cheddacide

Question

heys guys ever since the quanta was released i've been trying without success at finding a great build for it, in fact whats the best way to use it? been asking around in region chats but most of the answers i got are that it sucks and most players didnt even bother with ranking it. any ideas? so far i've gotten mine to lv 20 but that took me over 4 weeks, got bored with it very easily :/

15 answers to this question

yh thats the next point i forgot to throw out there, whats the sense of that alt fire if it doenst even explode on contact? DE needs to change that cuz there are several cases when im doing defense missions in the dark sectors where i fire it off and the infested just waltz right past it.........at this point its really irrelevant, but i have to admit the slash damage it does is pretty interesting

slash damage it does is pretty interesting

Slash damage has been problematic in damage 2.0

It's only strong against infested, and it's weak against armor and shields, making it much less useful than puncture or impact. Especially versus grineer, slash leaves a lot to be desired.

Honestly, I think a standard damage+elemental build would work well with it.

If you plan on using its alt fire a lot (good idea), a crit build might not be a bad choice. It gets maybe 2-3 times (4 times, even) as many crits, and they seem to also get a bonus 33% crit damage modifier (2x crit damage with orb, 1.5x without).

I'm currently working on I think my second Forma with it, and it's pretty scary when you shoot through the orb. With its high proc chance and those fairly often critical hits, as well as that bonus Radiation damage, it tears through Grineer like nothing (really, it kills everything, but especially Grineer). The orb also procs Radiation on contact, so tossing one out at a choke point can be really helpful.

All in all, it's a solid weapon. Experiment with builds, and find what works well for you. Also, if it's not too fun for you, then don't use it. If it got you bored that quickly, then dump it for something that you enjoy.

Cheers!

Has it even been around for 4 weeks?  It's mostly puncture with are pure radiation alt so I guessed Grineer would be the primary target.  I levelled mine while fooling around solo as Loki and found it amusing on low levels to run up to groups while invisible and irradiate them.  I don't know how best to use it in team play though.

It is a glorified Boltor (non-prime) with alternate fire that has three functions.

1. 100% Radiation procs enemies that touch it.

2. It enhances friendly projectiles and block enemies projectiles like a Volt shield.

3. It explodes like a Penta grenade, except much lower explosion range with no remote detonation. It is also limited to 2 instead of 5.

These are 3 major bugs associated with this weapon.

1. Clients don't enhance friendly projectiles.

2. Multishot will cause one of the two to prematurely explode. This is actually not a bad thing considering it has an extremely long detonation time.

3. It deals friendly fire damage to your teammates.

It also looks like bacon covered coat hanger that turns into a mini fan when firing, which is... different.

It would be a hell of a lot better if:

- The max number of exploding beach balls was increased. Right now, we can't even put Split Chamber on the weapon without cutting the effectiveness of its alt fire in half.

- That reload time was lowered to something a little bit less stupid.