Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Brakk - Seeker Mod Or Extra Elemental Dmg?

Yazeth

Question

10 answers to this question

I can't speak to punchthrough on the brakk as I don't have it yet, but I can say that shred on my boltor prime is extremely useful, specifically when dealing with endgame content. If you're dealing with the enemy as a mob, rather than a single unit, it can be compared to multishot. Multishot makes 1 round hit 1 enemy more than once (by duplicating said round), punchthrough makes 1 round hit several enemies (by making it go through them.). Think of it this way, there's a crowd of 6 enemies, each of which take 3 bullets to kill. Normally, you'd need 18 bullets to kill them all. With punch-through,you can probably do it in 9 (and thats assuming your punchthrough only hits 2 enemies, which is extremely low.)

Edit: Also, as a bonus, punchthrough shoots through light cover.

Edited by Snowman486

For general purpose, use punch through; for high enemy level content, use more damage.

Depending on the situation punchthrough is more damage... Consider dealing with crowds (my earlier post explains it in detail.) The only time punchthrough is not useful is when you're shooting at a single enemy.

Edited by Snowman486

The problem is, Brakk has falloff to its damage, so its not that awesome. On the other hand you're generally overkilling anyways, until you get to a pretty high level. 

I would say use Seeker up to about level 40-50, and go with full damage if you're going past that. Also depends on what you do with it - I usually use it to take out heavies and save ammo on my primary, so I don't use Seeker for that.

http://prntscr.com/4179iq

The Brakk has fall off damage and too much spread to make much use of Seeker. Seeker is very situational anyways. The Brakk does however have great critical hit worth modding for after throwing on your core 6 pistol mods (220% base damage, 180% multishot, 60% fire rate, & 270% elemental damage) instead of stacking two more elementals like Deep Freeze, Ice Storm, or Pistol Pestilence for the last two slots.

hmmm... not sold on a crit build for anything below 20% base, but I would lean even more to 25% base minimum even with shotguns.  Maybe it is just a bias I have from the StrunWraith nerf with damage 2.0.  I know it is high compared to most secondaries and being a shotgun helps but I would rather add more damage to every pellet than to a fraction of them.

I am a fan of punch through on damn near every weapon.  IMO Shred is the most undervalued mod in the game, but seeker has such a high point cost and as people have said the fall off, you aren't getting near as much out of it as you are from a regular bullet type weapon.

I don't use my secondary as much as maybe I could against high level mobs, but I've been happy with just two forma on.

I stack the corrosive with jolt and pistol pestilence on top of the Convulsion and Pathogen rounds.  I like Ice Storm as well for the added magazine size and for the price it is nice for the corrosive+cold build Deep Freeze is onlly 60% damage addition.

I would have to forma another time to add heated charge instead for corrosive+heat but I could try and add in scorch now.

Already has a 48% status chance which is nice since that is per pellet.

Depending on the situation punchthrough is more damage... Consider dealing with crowds (my earlier post explains it in detail.) The only time punchthrough is not useful is when you're shooting at a single enemy.

^ imho this is gospel.